- 5 years of experience in Data Analysis and Business Intelligence technologies along with around 2.5 years of data visualization using Tableau.
- Expertise in Tableau 7,8,9,10, Toad, Teradata SQL Assistant and SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1,7.1
- Rapidly adopt to new technologies and possess expertise with MS word, power point, Excel.
- Managed, updated and manipulated report orientation and structures with the use of advanced Excel functions Pivot Tables and V - Lookups
- Experienced in requirement gathering/analysis, design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects.
- Hands on experience on Tableau Desktop versions 7/8.2, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server.
- Produced attractive visuals/dashboards to convey the story inside the data.
- Built dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Involved in trouble shooting of performance issues which were associated with Tableau reports.
- Also involved in administration tasks such as publishing workbooks, setting permissions, managing ownerships, providing access to the users and adding them to the specific group and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau Server.
- Worked in all phases of Project life cycles including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, post-production support/maintenance, documentation and end-user .
- Experience in efficiently using standard Business Content, extending and enhancing according to the report requirements.
- Good understanding of business environment, excellent communication skill and ability to work proactively in a fast paced environment.
- Consensus driven communicator-liaise across various business units and promote organizational success
- Extracting data from different sources connecting them and used the same to create dashboards
- Experience in Requirement Analysis of functional and business requirements understanding meetings with clients & documents. Implement client revisions and comments to the application design.
- Create, Execute and support UAT and Test planning and reviewing the results with Stake holders
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and business users.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP/Vista/Win 7, UNIX and Linux.
SAS Tools: SAS Enterprise Guide, Base SAS, SAS/Macros, SAS/SQL, SAS BRM.
SAS Expertise: SAS v 9.2, 9.3, SAS/BASE, SAS/MACROS, SAS/SQL, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/ODS, SAS/REPORTS
Tools: Tableau 7/8/9/10, SAP BO
- Understand the Requirements and Functionality of the application from specifications.
- Designed, developed, tested, and maintained Tableau functional reports based on user requirements.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop down menu option and Parameters using Tableau.
- Worked closely with Business users. Interacted with ETL developers, Project Managers, and members of the QA teams.
- Converted existing BO reports to tableau dashboards
- Created different KPI using calculated key figures and parameters
- Developed Tableau data visualization using Cross tabs, Heat maps, Box and Whisker charts, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Pie Charts and Bar Charts and Density Chart.
- Developed donut charts and implemented complex features in charts like creating bar charts in tooltip.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps, Trend Lines, Statistics and table calculations.
- Hands on building Groups, hierarchies, Sets to create detail level summary reports and Dashboard using KPI's
- Strong Dashboard design experience and passionate practitioner of effective data visualization. Familiarity with best practices around visualization and design.
- Provided Production support to Tableau users and Wrote Custom SQL to support business requirements.
- Utilized Tableau server to publish and share the reports with the business users.
- Also involved in administration tasks such as Setting permissions, managing ownerships and providing access to the users and adding them to the specific group.
- Distributed Tableau reports using techniques like Packaged Workbooks, PDF to different user community.
- Performed advanced querying using SAS Enterprise Guide, calculating computed columns, using filter, manipulate and prepare data for Reporting, Graphing, and Summarization, statistical analysis, finally generating SAS datasets.
- Creating large datasets by combining individual datasets using various inner and outer joins in SAS/SQL and dataset merging techniques of SAS/BASE.
- Worked with complex datasets to extract customized reports using PROC SQL, PROC SORT and PROC REPORT, PROC TABULATE for creating datasets as per the given requirements from business analysts.
- Responsible For writing SQL queries to pull data from different sources Like Oracle and Teradata for analysis using SAS EG and creating reports out of that.
- As part of the tools team which supports the business in the daily and the quarter end activities including data reconciliation. Generating ad-hoc reports based on the client requests based on data from different sources.
Environment: SAS ENTERPISE GUIDE, SAS V9.4, Base/ SAS, SAS/Macro, SAS/SQL, SAS/Access, SAS-ODS, Windows, Teradata, Oracle, SAP BO, Tableau, SQL
- Created dashboards for analyzing POS data using Tableau 8.0.
- Consistently attended meetings with the client subject matter experts to acquire functional business requirements.
- Developed case studies to understand new product launch, promotion effectiveness, trend detections, Seasonal forecasting.
- Created Scatter Plots, Stacked Bars, Box and Whisker plots using, Bullet charts, Heat Maps, Filled Maps and Symbol Maps according to deliverable specifications.
- Expert level capability in Tableau calculations and applying complex, compound calculations to large, complex data sets
- Created custom Function's Date range, Time functions, array functions, and Conditional formatting functions in the reports.
- Scheduled extract refresh for weekly and monthly reports.
- Worked on workbook Permissions, Ownerships and User filters
- Extracting data from different sources connecting them and used the same to create dashboard in Tableau
- Developed Complex SQL queries to create reports
- Merging SAS datasets using various SQL joins such as LEFT JOIN, RIGHT JOIN, INNER JOIN and FULL JOIN as well as using SAS procedures such as SET, MERGE and PROC APPEND etc.
- Support Adhoc report requests from Business teams
Environment: SAS ENTERPISE GUIDE, SAS V9.3, Base/ SAS, SAS/SQL, Oracle, Tableau, Toad, Windows
- Unit test case preparation & Testing.
- Worked closely with internal business units to design and deliver key performance measurements (operational, financial and marketing) to discuss analysis needs.
- Validate ETLs by querying and comparing the data against the source system using Teradata SQL Assistant
- Understand and update the existing code or create new code by using BASE/SAS, SAS/MACROS and SAS/SQL to implement new requirements.
- Used SAS PROC SQL Pass through Facility to work with Teradata database.
- Reading data from different sources like .csv, excel, tab delimited files.
- Compare the source data with historical data to get some statistical analysis.
- Perform transformations like Merge, Sort and Update etc to get the data in required format.
- Extensively utilized SAS/BASE, SAS/SQL and SAS/MACRO.
- Extensively used procedures such as PROC APPEND, PROC IMPORT, PROC MEANS, PROC SUMMARY, PROC CONTENTS and PROC SQL
- Analyzing data from database using SQL, Oracle, and Teradata.
- Done table lookup using match merge and SQL joins
- Created SQL views for retrieving and dynamically updating data.
- Created SQL scripts using LEFT JOIN, RIGHT JOIN, INNER JOIN and FULL JOIN as well as using string functions and group by clause.
- Generated ad-hoc SQL queries using joins, database connections and transformation rules to fetch data from legacy Oracle and SQL Server database systems.
Environment: SAS ENTERPISE GUIDE, SAS V9.3, Base/ SAS, SAS/SQL,Oracle SQL, Toad, Teradata
- Involved in coding using C and C++
- Guiding how to operate a system
- Involved in connecting Circuits using Embedded systems
- Assisted while creating X-Ray baggage inspection systems by arranging diodes properly
- Tested in different aspects to check system is properly working or not.
Environment: C,C++,Embedded Systems