Detail - oriented and adaptable GIS professional with almost twenty years of experience in multiple industries. Experience with demographic analysis and sources of data. Highly successful working in groups, but also highly capable of working independently with minimal supervision. Greatly enjoy solving problems and finding more efficient and effective methods of analysis.
- Retail Site Location
- Demographic Projection, Estimates
- Database Creation/Maintenance
- Telecommunications Projects
- Spatial Analysis
- Demographic Data Analysis
- School/Political Redistricting
- Map Production/Analysis
- ESRI & MapInfo GIS Software
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Responsible for geographic digitizing of telecommunication data from CAD into Confidential custom software.
- Responsible for data cleanup/editing work completed by other digitizers.
- Verify correct location of imported structures using Google Maps.
- Train other part time employees on project procedures.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Expert witness in social, economic and demographic consulting for political redistricting/class-action lawsuits.
- Collection and organization of demographic data as requested.
- Map production for analytical and demonstrative purposes.
- Demographic and economic analysis of school districts for forecasting, redistricting and litigation. Over 100 independent projects executed.
- Custom business site location and spatial analysis.
Confidential, Madison, WI
GIS Business Analyst/GIS Tech
- Used ArcIMS and ArcView software to create an interactive online GIS to display Confidential Registry data.
- Completed weekly geocoding of the Confidential ’s SeniorCare database.
- Created, ran, and edited reports created in Business Objects for the Confidential .
- Created and reformatted reports, edited SQL code for data related to the State Medicaid data warehouse.
- Served as a Business Objects Helpdesk contact up to four times a month.
- Produced analytic reports on Medicare and Medicaid for the Wisconsin Confidential .
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Updated technical documentation for fiber optic layout. Combined geographic and attribute data of fiber optic networks and information from multiple departments into one central clearinghouse. Information included company specific networks, current and potential customers, and competitor locations.
- Digitized all fiber optic routes from paper maps and updated the new files with attribute and spatial data. Using GIS, created service area buffers for all networks. Produced reports of potential clients based on proximity to fiber.
- Served as GIS technical liaison to the director of network planning and the CTO.
- Supported Real Estate, Sales and Construction divisions with maps, GIS and database analysis. Performed extensive spatial and relational geographic analysis on company databases to enhance value of the data as well as to support marketing and sales.
- Wrote custom GIS programs to automate repetitive analytic functions.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Served as primary (GIS) analyst on the preliminary build out of a point to multi-point fixed wireless network providing communication services to businesses.
- Assisted in strategic planning, supplied information on selected sites, maintained GIS and demographic databases, also provided miscellaneous maps and business analysis upon request.
- Completed ad hoc requests for multiple clients. Requests included: DSL analysis and mapping, and demographic analysis needed for market and network planning and deployment.
- Research of telecommunications issues and information, including FCC wireless auctions and bandwidth ownership.
- Conducted comprehensive comparison of Census TIGER/Line files and GDT geographic boundary and street files.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Worked with Logistics & Maintenance in the tracking and analysis of equipment fielded to over 13,000 US Army National Guard and Reserves sites across the world.
- Generated maps and graphs detailing site and workstation locations, and trends in equipment failures.
- Used MapBasic programming to automate everyday processes.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Using GIS, database management, and demographic techniques, supported the Site Development Technology Department in determining fiscal impact of proposed stores on existing stores for expansion purposes. Analyzed complex information and presented clear reports and maps.
- Completed special projects, analyzed business info for outside departments (senior executives, marketing, market research, corporate relations) using customer transactions, demographic, and competitor data.
- Responsible for managing departmental databases, researching new sources of economic and demographic data.
- Beta testing, training, and support of in-house developed real estate GIS (REGIS). Edited/re-wrote the technical documentation and user’s manual for the system. Trained field reps on the system.
Confidential, Tallahassee, FL
- Assisted in demographic and population related research projects. bus route planning, researching federal political redistricting cases, generating school enrollment projections, profiling in-migrants for state legislature, spatial analysis based on Confidential designated criteria to help determine feeding sites for the Confidential Summer Food Program.
- Developed extensive experience in Confidential geographic and economic data current population surveys, and TIGER/Line files.
- Produced July mid-year population estimates and projections for the state of Florida and its counties for years .
- Created a geographic database of sales outlets and generated thematically shaded maps depicting outlets and volume of sales, population density per census tract, and current level of sales. Information generated was used to choose new outlet locations and determine optimum inventory levels