- 3 years of experience in IT industry working as a Business/Data Analyst with Proficiency in Client - Server and Web/Internet Based applications with emphasis on Project Management Methodologies, and a substantial know-how of Project Scope, GAP Analysis and Unified Modeling Language.
- Extensive Experience in executing phases of SDLC with hands-on involvement in AGILE (SCRUM), RUP, Iterative Increment, and Waterfall Methodologies with User acceptance of AGILE Software Requirements (User Stories).
- Ability to understand complex technical problems, performing task breakdowns of epic for technical teams, specifying requirement criteria and tracking user stories in tools like Jira, Trello and Asana.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills with ability to understand cause and effect and statistical methods available to enhance findings.
- Well versed in developing business based Functional Test Scenarios, User Interface, Business Requirements, System Specifications, Testing Methodology and Test Plan formulation.
- Highly proficient in creating Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Cross-Functional diagrams as per the process requirements.
- Facilitated Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, interviews, workshops and requirement elicitation sessions with end-users, clients, stakeholders and development team.
- Experience in wire framing new ideas, creating proof of concepts and conducting user experience research.
- Knowledge of the Data Warehouse Development Life environment using Microsoft DTS, SSIS and SSRS.
- Expertise in a broad range of Technologies, including business process tools such as MS Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Share point and MS SQL Server.
- Experience in ability to work both independently and in Cross-Functional Team environments managing and prioritizing multiple projects.
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving skills, Multi-Tasking abilities, with experience in utilizing people and process knowledge to assist enterprises in making critical decisions.
- Strong communicator, a creative problem-solver and a fast Learner, skilled at organizing Face-to- Face Group discussions, analyzing business needs and transforming them into technical designs.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, AGILE, Rational Unified Process (RUP)
Databases: MS Excel, MS Access, Oracle, MS SQL Server, My SQL
Requirement Tool: MS Project, Rational Requisite Pro, JIRA, Trello, Asana
Other Tools: MS Visio, MS Office Suite, SharePoint
Confidential, Westfield, New Jersey
- Involved in analyzing the client requirement and business reviews to understand the Business needs and System Design.
- Creating epics, subsequent task breakdowns based on extensive grooming sessions with client and offshore team alike and facilitating flow of quality communication between end to end entities of the spectrum.
- Creating user stories with well-defined requirement criteria and feeding it to various task management tools like Asana, Trello and Jira based on available technology of offshore target.
- Analyzed business requirements and prepared Use Cases - created Use case diagrams, mockups, activity diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Produced automated and ad-hoc reports using SQL server reporting services (SSRS), Excel, PowerPivot.
- Created SQL Queries, various Statements as DML, DQL, DCL, TCL, DDL, Functions, JOINS, Sub Queries, Constraints, Indexes, View, Synonyms to retrieve and optimize the data performance.
- Prepared Data Mapping Document, Data Dictionary, System Specification Documents.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing with the business users.
- Assisted information architects for the design of wireframes based on interface design knowledge and expertise.
- Involved in query optimization process, data cleansing and database indexing.
- Participated in defect triage meetings conducted by QA teams to review and resolve defects.
- Assisted the QA team in designing and executing the test plan and test cases.
- Worked extensively on AGILE. Conducted standups, facilitated development teams by resolving blockers, analyzed velocity and burndown charts, organized meaningful retrospectives and streamlined the overall efficiency of various development team.
Environment: MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, SharePoint, MS SQL, MS Project, JIRA, Asana, Trello, MS PowerPoint.
- Served as liaison between the US clients and the development teams to ensure the best solutions are established for the business needs.
- Involved in entirety of project life cycle processes of multiple projects (design sessions, interviews with experts, business requirements gathering, analysis & documentation, testing, systems implementation & production support).
- Co-ordinated with the business and the offshore development team on a regular basis for requirement clarification.
- Extensively used SharePoint for project documentation.
- Involved in user story grooming, task breakdown and specifying requirement criteria.
- Communicated with multiple teams to gather technical requirements and worked with development teams to establish clear understanding of scope of the task before development effort begins.
- Used SOAP UI to validate the request and response against newly created APIs.
- Used Jira for task management and sprint progression analysis.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing with the business users.
- Performed QA testing and logged defects in Jira and assigned it to developers.
- Worked on both AGILE and Waterfall environments on various projects.
- Performed User experience research and provided feedback to design team.
Environment: MS Excel, SharePoint, JIRA, Chrome Developer tool, Bugzilla, MS Visio.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Worked as a part of development team to create a WordPress portal with centralized repository of information of all Nepali immigrants residing in United States.
- Consumed Department of Homeland Security’s API and integrated it to the portal to in corporate arrival and departures of Nepali nationals on various port of entries in US.
- Involved in story grooming and requirement analysis.
- Created unit tests to ensure the quality of the code.
- Created SQL queries and stored procedures for the data connectivity.
Confidential, ConnecticutTechnical Intern
- Worked at International Student Service Office as data entry specialist and assisting international students with their paperwork.
- Used MS Excel for data entry of new and perspective students.
- Prepared XML documents of student information so that it is consumed by school’s main database system.
- Used MS Office Suite to prepare various necessary documents.
- Organized various campus events and conducted team building exercises.
Environment: MS Excel, MS Office, XML