- Business Systems Analyst with 8 years industry experience and expertise in Business Requirement gathering, Business Process flow, Business Process Modeling and Business Analysis.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases such as Planning, Analysis/Design, Development, and Testing for the software/system development process.
- Experience in creating and executing test plans for functional tests, QA tests, regression tests, smoke tests and UAT using TestLink.
- Experience in facilitating the test process by using bug tracking tool JIRA.
- Well versed in project management tools like MS-Project, Team Foundation Server, and Liquid Planner for status reporting, scheduling and planning.
- Expertise in creating mockups using Balsamiq.
- In depth knowledge in documenting requirements changes using Traceability matrix and Team Foundation Server.
- Hands on expertise with collaborative tools like Sharepoint and Confluence.
- Initiated Agile Scrum in several projects and planned daily scrum meetings.
- Implemented SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers and indexes for various database operations.
- Deep technical background and solid working knowledge of SQL Server Data warehouse systems.
- Extensively worked on all phases of Data Warehousing project like Data Cleansing, Data modeling for data staging & Data Mart, ETL, Indexing, Quality Assurance, Data updating plan, and Data presentation to business users.
- Created Data Mapping Documents and worked with business to write transformation rules.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and extraction/ transformation/ loading (ETL) process using SQL scripts.
- Well versed in project management tools like MS-Project for status reporting and planning.
- Expert in conducting business reviews, walkthrough sessions and facilitated monthly and weekly meetings/reviews.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to tailor presentations towards different functional areas of business.
- Expert in coordinating work plan between project manager and the client with Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrated an exceptional ability to adapt to new developments in the world of technology and working environment. Ability to prioritize and schedule multiple tasks on a day-to-day basis.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Methodologies: ITIL V3, RUP, SDLC, Agile, SCRUM
- Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, HTML, and XML
- Databases: Oracle 8i, MS SQL server, MS Access`````````
- Project Mgmt, Design & Case tools: MS Project, Team Foundation Server, Visio, Rational Rose, RequisitePro, Clearcase, ClearQuest, Ab Initio, Balsamiq
- Quality Management: Six Sigma, TQM, JIT and Lean Manufacturing
- Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports
- General: MS-Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), SharePoint
- Started out the project in its planning phase using the Agile methodology and facilitated a weekend long meeting with the client and the team to collect business user stories.
- Reviewed business user stories and created several Excel and Word files to document the business process, user stories and algorithm required for Iteration 1.
- Used UML to create sequence and use case diagram in Microsoft Visio.
- Created Balsamiq mockups of various types and sizes for the website and also created a signoff document listing name, description and functionalities of each screen page for client sign-off.
- Maintained documents and collaborated with the team by extensive use of SharePoint.
- Conducted and facilitated technical requirements meeting with the developers on the team to gear up for Iteration 2.
- Managed the team and tasks as well as schedule using Team Foundation Server.
- Responsibilities as a Business Analyst included regularly updating the Test Plan and uploading on Confluence for sharing with the team and management.
- Worked as a Business Analyst as well as a Test Lead and developed quality test cases, test scripts and test plans in TestLink, based on product requirements, functional and technical design.
- Maintained project documents and shared important links and tutorials, etc with the team using Sharepoint.
- Collaborated and provided support to the team by creating project announcements, team member tasks and alerts using Sharepoint.
- Executed functional tests in the QA environment prior to the QAT process and logged tickets for bugs detected.
- Facilitated the QA Test process by assigning test cases to the QA test plan in various builds, assigned test cases to the QA testers, and established contact with the testers.
- Facilitated the QAT process by providing guidance and support to the QA testers with test tools, test scripts and the execution process.
- Maintained constant communication with the testers by assisting the Project Manager in conducting Daily Bug Review meetings during and after the QA Test process.
- Created test scripts for regression tests, smoke tests and UAT using TestLink.
- Provided Test Status by creating a Bug Summary Report and a Test Progress Summary spreadsheet on a daily basis during the QAT process.
- Created, assigned, and maintained tickets in JIRA for bugs and defects.
- Participated in Data Validation process in QAT by developing spreadsheets with data from the reports in QA.
- Involved in various activities of the project like information gathering, analyzing the information gathered, documenting the functional or business requirements using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Worked as a Business Analyst as well as an Assistant Project Manager to guide the team through the conversion process employing SDLC models, Iterative model, RUP concepts, Agile Model and UML.
- Collaborated with team across regions from various facilities of the company to gather business requirements by leading bi-weekly meetings and created status reports and presentations for the same.
- Facilitating JAD session follow-up for Project Plan updates, gained consensus for User Acceptance Testing requirements.
- Created and maintained the process documents for the project to be used for collaboration with developers, project manager, etc on SharePoint.
- Executed daily SCRUM and Sprint planning.
- Created and maintained data mapping documents.
- Participated in SCRUM meetings and worked closely with the Subject Matter Expert and the Project Manager.
- Used MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project, MS Visio for documentation and analysis reports among other project management and reporting tools.
- Organized project tasks, managed team workflow and project scheduling using Team Foundation Server.
- Involved in various stages of code conversion in Workbench including Development, Testing, Stage and Production.
- Initiated GAP analysis by analyzing as-is and to-be conditions for the project at the beginning of the conversion process.
- Created test cases, test plans and performed ETL using Ab Initio.
- Documented the mapping used in ETL processes.
- Sharing and managing assembly codes and data files for their conversion in C++.
- Gathered Business Requirements. Interacted with the Users, Designers and Developers, Project Manager to get a better understanding of the Business Processes. Analyzed and optimized the process.
- Evaluated solutions for business problems/bottlenecks and evaluated alternate methods to increase efficiency and improve control. Analyzed and documented information system requirements and the corresponding impact on business processes.
- Designed and developed Use cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams using UML and Business process modeling.
- Maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) across the deliverables of a project.
- Analyzed business requirements to develop functional and detail design specifications of the application.
- Managed the workflow process using SDLC methodology and Iterations.
- Conducted Joint Requirements Planning (JRP) Sessions as a Facilitator to gather requirements from the group.
- Documenting the objectives, constraints and scope of the system.
- Used the Office Suite extensively which included MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project, MS Visio for various documentation and analysis reports.
- Defined project milestones, schedules, monitored progress and updated plans using MS Project.
- Led and conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and well experienced in interacting with individuals at all levels.
- Consulted with users, resolved problem to meet specific technical and business needs.
- Validation and Verification accountability for all the deliverables of s/w development projects.
- Conducted functional walkthroughs, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions, and supervised the development of User Manuals for customers.
- Developed data warehouse reporting requirements and created data mapping documents.
- Worked with Project Manager in coordinating all aspects of project such as initiation, planning including budgeting, scheduling, task assignment and tracking, Change management status reporting and risk management.
- Prepared reports and presentations for weekly management meeting to update senior Ministry staff on project deliverables, progression and timelines.
- Trained team members with project knowledge and business processes.
- Worked with QAís to develop Test Plans and Test cases, detected bugs in the system, prepared the Defect reports using Test Director and interacted with developers for Debugging.
- Interacted with client groups to determine user requirements and goals. Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards and procedures
- Created need analysis documents of the requirements gathered through JAD and individual elicitation sessions using Rational RequisitePro.
- Analyzed business requirements into high level and low level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams / Sate chart Diagrams using Rational Rose following UML methodology.
- Created URS-User Requirement Specifications and FRS- Functional Requirement Specifications documents.
- Suggested the indexing requirements based on the querying columns.
- Created the specs for the stored procedures and triggers, based on the business logic.
- Assisted in preparation of Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Followed RUP quality Assurance and Testing Process. Interfacing with program management and executive teams regarding quality assurance goals.
- Wrote extensively SQL scripts for validating the data generated by the UAT.
- Set up definitions and process for test phases including Product test, integration test, system test and user acceptance test (UAT).
- Participated in entering, tracking system defects in Rational ClearQuest.
- Performed requirement analysis by gathering both Functional and Non Functional Requirements based on interactions with the Process Owners & Stakeholders.
- Involved in GAP analysis around the identification of design rules and System Process Flows, User administration and requirements.
- Assessed the flaws in the existing as-is Underwriting system and made clear recommendations of Business Process Improvements and incorporated them in the future to-be system design.
- Extensively worked in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Agile deliverables using .Net framework V3.5.
- Actively involved in SCRUM meetings Sprint Planning with the team.
- Document analysis and represented them in Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) using Requisite Pro. Developed use cases for Story boarding and wireframes for Interfacing.
- Involved in Architecture/Infrastructure Assessment Projects involving System Integrators such as IBM, Adobe.
- Used Requisite Pro to organize and analyze the Business Requirements. Gathered the Business requirements & converted them into Business Requirement Documents (BRD).
- Made Screen Mockups/Definitions and Dependencies using Excel and Documented the Requirements.
- Developed Use Case diagrams, business flow diagrams, Activity/State diagrams and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose so that developers and other stakeholders can understand the business process.
- Used Rational Clear Quest to track Project Status, monitor workload and detect issues for Prototying Guidewire applications as per the requirements.
- Submitted detailed Reports to Managers and the Team using Reporting Tools.
- Coordinated JAD sessions to understand the user requirements and also their systemís implementation. Gained knowledge of compliance with GAAP. Also developed Data standards to be compliant with ACORD. Involved in developing using ACORD framework.
- Involved in the development of a Project Plan in conjunction to the Business and IT areas.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on the broker view (Directorís & Officers Liability Coverage and Employment Practices Liability Insurance Coverage) and Business-to-Business Transaction testing.
- Responsible for organizing the Quality Analyst (QA) walk through to explain proposed changes.
- Responsible for requirements elicitation and analysis, generating workflow process and necessary documents for the project.
- Defined Business processes, analyzed and documented requirements, identified gaps and evaluated change requests.
- Managed project templates, Use case templates and traceability matrices in Rational Requisite Pro.
- Responsible for creating numerous Work flow diagrams and business processes using RUP.
- Worked with the development team to make sure that they understood the user requirements and that the system developed met those requirements.
- Supported QA Process and QA documentation management.
- Assisted with project administrative tasks, such as work plan administration, time tracking, and project schedule maintenance using Ms Project.
- Developed System testing plan for the application and provided guidance to the testing team.
- Developed system and user acceptance test cases.
- Created UAT plans and procedures. Documented inconsistencies and resolved issues.
- Wrote test scripts and cases in association with project manager. Evaluate test case coverage; analyze defects, determined if the success criterion has been met.
- Participated in auditing the business process and activities in an organization which helps them to find non conformances in activities.
- Designed test packages and classes with designers. Involved in designing interface to automate tools and design test procedure behavior.
- Managed all types of change requests, defects, enhancements, issues and documentation changes.
- Was responsible for creating and reviewing business requirements, functional specifications, project schedules, documentation and test plans.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with SMEís in understanding the requirements pertaining to Loan Origination to Loan Processing.
- Conducted interviews with key business users to collect requirement and business process information.
- Performed extensive requirement analysis including data analysis
- Designed and developed project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
- Developed business requirement specification documents as well as high-level project plan.
- Developed System Requirement Specification (SRS), Use cases, System Requirement Change Requests, and Data Dictionary along with the technical staff and developers.
- Documented the mappings used in ETL processes.
- Developed Data Warehouse reporting requirements
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation.
- Played a key role in the planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Partnered with the technical areas in the research and resolution of system and process problems.
- Participated in arranged JAD sessions with business users for requirements gathering.
- Primarily involved in gathering requirements for the GUI (Graphical User Interface) screens and designing the same.
- Analyzed and created workflow diagrams and presented to developers.
- Created use cases and designed use case diagram, class diagrams and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Responsible for preparing Software Requirements Specification (SRS) taking functional requirements specification as a base.
- Responsible for the Timeline estimation.
- Analyzed and documented non-functional requirements.
- Interacted with various cross-functional teams on building business scenarios, and understanding expenses and revenue stream.
- Prepared detailed reports of the defects and Comparison Chart.
- Interaction with the developers to report and correct defects.
EDUCATION Bachelors in Management Studies
Confidential, Allen, TX (01/2012 to Till Date) Project Description:PRJ294 Prometheus was a project that included development of a website to provide medical record information to its members. It was based on the lines of the PDMPís across different states especially the OHIO prescription monitoring program. The website would provide its user access too medical records contained in the PDMP databases across the US.
Confidential, Hollywood, CA (09/2011 to 12/2011) Project Description:The scope of project BI Fast Track was to build UI screens for Live Nation Ticket Master clients using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition software.
Environment: Sharepoint, Confluence, JIRA, TestLink, RUP, OBIEE, Clarity
Confidential, Omaha, NE (05/2011 to 07/2011) Project Description:The scope of the project, Pearl River Migration was to upgrade and rewrite codes involved in the applications of various programs under the client. Database applications and programs from client Blue Hill were converted from assembly codes to C++ by accessing the codes, analyzing them, gathering requirements, creating HLD and finally setting up for conversion.
Environment: C++, Visio2003, TFS, SharePoint, Workbench, Rational Requisite Pro, Ab Initio Windows NT and UNIX.
Confidential, Irving, TX (07/2010 to 04/2011) Project Description:The scope of the project was to develop Installment Loan Processing System (ILPS) specially to support the loan application processing needs. It employs a workflow to control and monitor the various work steps in the loan processing. Typical work steps in the application workflow include: Application origination, Duplication check, Watch list check, Credit scoring, Application form printing, internal credit check, loan repayment history etc. It also gives the loan officer a complete overview of the transaction at the point of service.
Environment: UML, Agile, Oracle, PL/SQL, Visio2003, Visual Basic, MS Office Suite, QTP, Windows NT and UNIX.
Confidential, WI (04/2009 to 06/2010) Business Systems Analyst Project Description:The goal of the project was to streamline the mortgage process with Web-based tools. The company needed to develop a Web-based lending platform with business process management and integration capabilities, enabling it to incorporate both best-practice business rules and third-party technologies into their processes. Modules cover origination through settlement, plus workflow management tools.
Environment: RUP methodologies, Rational DOORS, Siebel, Microsoft Visio, Clear Quest, MS Project, XML, MS Access.
Confidential, Madison, WI (05/2008 to 03/2009) Business Systems Analyst Project Description: NFP- Risk Protector Project was to develop a GUI screen to provide Property and Casualty Insurance to organizations. The project started with the Under Writer View.
Environment: MS Access, Agile, Windows 2003, Java, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest.
Confidential, MN (01/2007 to 04/2008) Business System Analyst Project Description:The project involved working on a web business portal which aids in servicing companyís customers with their accounts, viewing portfolios, mutual funds and other investment prospects for individuals and organizations. The capacity of the project was to create an integrated solution to replace the existing isolated systems.
Environment: Ms Access, Ms Excel, Windows 2003, Java, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, RUP Methodology.
Confidential , PA (01/2005 to 12/2006) Business Analyst Project Description:The central idea behind the project was to automate the Mortgage Loan Origination Process beginning with the customer initiation to title transfer. All business functions of the loan process such as the Appraisal, Credit, Income and Title functionalities were to be performed by the system. Additional features required were account administration, customer service, payment processing, account reporting, and securitization. The desired effect was to move the organization into a more competitive position also worked on data quality, data organization and delivery to requesting customer/fulfillment agent.
Confidential, India (04/2002 to 07/2003) Business Analyst Project Description:The project is to develop an automated web based risk management system for the process of recording and maintaining reports from the credit card companies. The system generates Credit reports of individuals based on the data provided by the various agencies. The system also maintains a record of any information obtained to and individualís report and updates the database.
Environment: Windows 2000, MS Office, RUP, UML, SQL, Ms Visio, Ms Access, SWOT analysis.