Senior programmer/analyst with comprehensive experience in all phases of mainframe project lifecycle, including design, coding, testing, efficiencies, implementation, production support, automation, change management, security, and ID administration. Proven record of excellent performance in a variety of assignments in insurance, pharmaceuticals, and telecommunications. Consistently satisfied clients in years of successful consulting assignments attest to outstanding teaming skills, adaptability, and the ability to hit the ground running. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Platforms: MVS, z/OS, VM, Windows
Languages / Tools: COBOL, IMS, IDMS, ADSO, DB2, CICS, VSAM, JCL, TSO/ISPF, Control - M, New-D, Syncsort, Viasoft, Intertest, Panvalet, OLQ, IDD, Easytrieve, NDM, CLIST, Omegamon, MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Lotus Notes, Teamroom, Jesmaster, IOF, FileAid, SDSF, Endevor, CMCC, FileManager, Dataexpert, CATS, Remedy, Sharepoint, RACF, CMIT, FTP, AOTS
Confidential, Mahwah, NJ
- Created and ran processes that identified and corrected invalid historical prescription claim records exploiting JCL, Syncsort, Easytrieve, FTP and other mainframe tools.
- Converted millions of claims, exceeding the client’s required success metric.
- Worked as a subject matter expert on a CICS / DB2 prescription claims processing system. Interfaced with the client community and onshore and offshore management and developers to coordinate and implement enhancements to the system.
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
Production Support Specialist
- Received a new assignment as the result of reorganization.
- Completed the work in one day when it had previously taken one week to complete.
- Took over the service desk function for a large family of applications after a major reorganization.
- With a staff reduced by half, improved processes for trouble ticket routing, investigation, follow-up, and documentation.
- Received an Excellence for the seamless transition.
- Automated a tedious manual verification process for a critical billing process, which had been performed manually for many years, saving more than 20 work hours per month, and guaranteeing accuracy.
- Automated a manual investigation process for a reporting system that identified account errors involving thousands of records. This reduced investigation times from weeks to hours for larger accounts, delighting the client.
- Reworked jobs and schedules for various applications which eliminated the need for callout and manual intervention, reducing delays caused by human error.
- Performed 24 x 7 on call duties for various applications and ensured critical deliverables were always met, and outages were dealt with quickly.
- Dealt with challenges of a constantly shrinking team, picking up new duties and improving processes. Continued to provide quality support for the applications.
- Coordinated software and scheduling changes to ensure production was not impacted
- Collaborated productively and professionally with offshore organizations in India, Brazil, Canada, and other countries.
Confidential, Burtonsville, MD
- Designed, coded, tested, implemented and provided support for an online report generation system whereby users can select via CICS screens, various insurance reports and customize them by entering data selection criteria and frequency.
- Other responsibilities included various development, maintenance and production support duties for the project.
Confidential, Conshohocken, PA
- Involved in the restructuring of an IDMS database of drug supplier information for a pharmaceutical data clearing house.
- Responsibilities included analysis and design, and rewriting and testing many of the programs in the system to access the IDMS database through an interface program.
- The interface performed the actual IDMS I-O functions as well as several utilities such as level summing and table creation.
- This allowed for the future replacement of the database platform with a greatly reduced programming effort.