- PMP certified professional with over 14 years’ of experience with product management, business analysis and design with emphasis on web and mobile platforms, consumer, and developer software.
- Proven ability to identify successful new product opportunities, reinvigorate and grow existing product lines, set long - term strategy consistent with brand promise, and champion the product internally and externally.
- Provide direction to Engineering & Business teams in resolving complex issues with fresh ideas.
- Possess end-to-end hands-on experience in all phases of SDLC including expertise in defining and improving existing business processes, articulating requirements and delivering solutions.
- Recognized by peers, management and business, as a top performer, going above and beyond the call of duty, driven by new challenges and desire to be successful in all endeavors.
- Masters in Computer Application with strong technical skills combined with business acumen
- Software Design and Development, Data Warehousing, Data Integration
- Analysis & Design using Structured Systems Analysis and Design Method (SSADM)
- Translating Business & Data requirements into Software Requirements Specifications (SRS)User Requirement Specifications (URS), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS)Business process flows, Business process modeling, WBS, BRD, BRS
- Project Planning, Process improvement.
Software: Java, C#, .Net, C++, C, EJB, JNI, JDBC, ODBC, XML, Perl, Web services, J2EE
Database: Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, Interbase, Informix, FoxPro, Dbase
Methodologies: OOA, OOP, OOD, OOAD, SDLC, UML,Waterfall model, Agile
Tools: MS Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project, SnagIt, SharePoint, Oracle Primavera
Sr. Business Systems Analyst & Product Manager
- Own the user experience, look and feel of the Messaging Anywhere web portal.
- Revamp product dashboard, reporting and analytics functionality. Creating wireframes and collaborating with engineering to balance functionality and feasibility, and manage implementation timeline.
- Managing 3rd party vendors and monitoring project budget, tracking team goals and accomplishments.
- Creating user & functional requirements (URS & FRS) per Business requirements and process flow. Analyze business requirements and segregate them into high level and low level Use Cases and Development Plan diagrams.
- Participate in design / architecture meetings to drive and document design decisions and to validate with business requirements.
- Assess the flaws in the existing as-is system and made clear recommendations of Business process improvements and BPR, in corporate them in the future to-be system design.
- Co-ordinate, Manage and plan release schedule, collaborating with multiple vendors and internal teams.
- Planned, created and executed rollout roadmaps for the Messaging Anywhere sub components.
- Responsible for all test efforts and quality assurance aspects of software development efforts through the software development lifecycle (SDLC). Review test plans and aid business teams with UAT.
- Managing the transition and implementation of the Enterprise Messaging Access Gateway project between vendors.
Lead Business Process & Product Consultant
- Involved with all aspects of the Collateral conversion project, including providing data mapping guidelines, requirements definition, documentation, UAT testing and production support.
- Successfully involved in 7 conversion events with no major post implementation issues.
- Partnered with SME’s in JAD sessions for the performance improvement initiative of the nightly batch process, in the System of Records ‘AFS’ application.
- Leveraged past technical expertise in Oracle to understand the complex Credit data model, enabling the creation of robust test conditions for effective testing of all the performance sub-genres.
- Developed UAT test scenario’s, fabricating huge volume of quality data using simulation techniques for performance testing of the System of Records batch process.
- Collaborated with the technical teams to oversee the successful implementation of the performance improvements initiatives, resulting in an overall performance melioration of over 60% in the batch process.
- Research and answer ad hoc compliance questions for internal customers by querying & assimilating data from various data sources using complex queries.
- Drove and managed the implementation of enhancements in the Collateral Monitoring System.
- Created & maintained SharePoint libraries for managing and sharing project artifacts.
Project Lead & Business Systems Analyst
- Worked in various capacities, as a project lead on cross functional team projects, business systems analysts on multi-million dollar projects and rating application SME for Personal lines Auto Insurance products.
- End-to-End hands on work experience in all phases of SDLC from project pre-inception to post-deployment support and training, on the Massachusetts add-a-state product and the NY Integrated product.
- Spearheaded multiple phases of the NY Integrated product, to create an accurate and customized rating experience, based on driving patterns. The new underwriting model resulted in a 10-20% y/y Paid-in-Full premium growth and net increase of over $7M in premiums.
- Worked with the NY stakeholders for strategy development, requirements gathering/validation and to create, define and prioritize technical requirements.
- Facilitate technical work group meetings and technology deliverables, participate and drive technical risk, issues and dependencies to closure.
- Delivered project artifacts including high level and detailed Process Flows, Functional Process Flows, Functional Requirements and Technical requirements.
- Present deliverables to the business leaders and in corporate feed back into the release.
- Review and approve product test strategies.
- Liaison, coordinate and conduct UAT testing efforts with IT, business teams and user groups.
- Led the efforts to ensure, Progressive became the first private insurance company to sell insurance in Massachusetts. The MA product resulted in premiums of over $80M in the first year of operation.
- As part of Service Management(SM) responsibilities, brain-storm with other project leads to define and standardize processes for coding, documentation, test plans, and project transition documents.
Lead Programmer Analyst
- Worked in GKP (Genomics Knowledge Platform), a multi-tier application server architecture that integrates life science data into a unified object model.
- Revamped major components of GKP to ensure compliance with EJB specifications.
- Worked in Confidential ’s Extreme Persistence Object Service, a middleware product that provides Java and C++ object-to-RDBMS and ORDBMS mapping solutions.
- Responsible for developing new database driver software using C++ for major RDBMS, using their native interfaces like OCI, Open Client, JDBC, ODBC. Also developed UNICODE support for the drivers.