To excel at the position of business data analyst by assisting the organization in planning development strategies based on accurate data analysis and interpretations.
- Over 6 years of experience in projects, analytics and reporting.
- Excellent report making abilities with accurate detailing in form of analysis methods, interpretations, conclusions and suggestions.
- Expertise with analytical reporting using advanced Excel features like vlookup, pivot tables and charts
- Experience in writing database scripts to perform queries and build tables and procedures.
- Possess vast experience in project management and business analysis.
- Skilled at using work related analytical tools, applications and software.
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional flexibility with the ability to work independently and as a team
Microsoft Office tools: Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word, Lotus Notes, SharePoint, SAP related to CRM, SQL Server , Visual Basic and Oracle.
Confidential, Ashburn, Virginia Senior Business Analyst 07/2010 – Present
- Advanced level Business Analyst duties
- Subject Matter Expert on over 6 financial projects worth over $80 million within the last 18 months and advised Department heads and Project Managers on analysis, progress and reviews of the projects.
- Budgeting, execution and forecasting of projects
- Create and deliver presentations on over 15 projects to stakeholders to inform on the process and progress of said projects through the use of careful research, analysis, charts and summaries
- Performing internal and competitor benchmarking analysis and identifying savings opportunities and/or possible product/service enhancements
- Provide the source of performance evaluation by preparing charts, summaries and narratives
- Establish and maintain continuous liaison with program managers, national and international clients to ensure project fulfillment
- Collaborate with SMEs of various departments, project managers, external resources where necessary to achieve project goals ad fulfill project timelines
- Produce project milestone charts to track progress and develop contingency plans for schedule set-backs
- Develop and recommend alternate and/or remedial action when necessary
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD Business Analyst 03/2009 – 06/2010
- Provided managerial support within the IT department.
- Prepare analysis reports and be responsible to answer any queries, complaints or suggestion in this regard.
- Collected and Interpreted data from databases: Oracle, SQL server, Access, and made comparisons with the planned activities. Checked for deviations or alterations and resolved discrepancies.
- Collected data in form of reports from different departments of the organization and compiled them together to prepare a summarized report.
- Prepared quarterly and annual budgets, expense analysis and interpretation.
- Interpret the terms and conditions of the contract and present them in easy-to-understand language for the recipients.
- Ensured completion of deliverables; track milestones and time lines of assigned projects.
- Maintained integrity while managing data of procuring, analyzing, interpreting, processing and storage.
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD Senior Quality Assurance Analyst 04/2008- 03/2009
- Recommended program improvements and corrections to developers
- Developed and maintained test plans, manual and automated test scripts for user interface, functionality, system and "ad-hoc testing"
- Executed regression, functional and data tests with each maintenance release in each assigned area. .
- Updated regression test cases with each product enhancement.
- Documented quality assurance practices
- Reported, tracked and determined priority of reported bugs
- Produced metrics for projects as required by Project Management and/ or QA Management.
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD Finance and Reporting Analyst 02/2007- 04/2008
- Ran queries on database, periodically, to retrieve data for analysis and reporting.
- Developed scripts to build tables and modify columns where necessary to update and modify database.
- Performed data compiling, mining and analysis required to evaluate given data
- Created reports based on data mining activities and presented conclusions.
- Observed market behavior and forecast the trends in market. Made judgment about organization's suitability to survive in predicted market environment.
- Conducted ad-hoc financial analysis, models, and reports upon request using Excel.
- Developed forecasting models on credit risk based on historical data from mining activities.
- Developed, collected and effectively documented business requirements on assigned projects.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD Fraud Analyst 03/2005 – 01/2007
- Developed and implemented a range of analytics to support transaction and fraud trend analysis
- Worked with fraud transaction monitoring systems and rules to mitigate the risk of fraud losses.
- Identified new fraud patterns and recommended new controls and improved monitoring.
- Developed the initiation of strategy recommendations.
- Supported and managed the Fraud Analytics tools.
- Developed and refined procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Member of Honors Society
- Multiple accolades from Management, Peers and Clients.
- Second Quarter Silver Star Award Winner, Visa International, 2006 and 2009
- Graduated Associates Degree
- Dean’s Award Spring and Fall 2009 and Spring, Summer and Fall 2010
EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS AND RECOGNITION
Bachelor of Science
AA Degree – General Studies