- Product Management and Business Analysis experience with a focus on Information Technology.
- Demonstrated communication and team work skills through leading IT projects and developers.
- Solid skills in systems development, user support, technical troubleshooting, quality assurance, problem solving, and documentation.
- Skilled in determining system requirements and specifications for complex application development projects.
- Able to communicate effectively with multifunctional teams, programmers, and technical staff at all levels.
- Strong customer service orientation and experienced in communicating with users, resolving problems, and meeting specific technical and business needs.
- Experienced and very competent at translating business and functional requirements into a technology based solution.
Sr. IT Business Analyst
Confidential, Rosemont, IL
- Manage requirements and projects from initial request to project completion.
- This includes defining business requirements, scoping and creating a project request document, providing cost - effective solutions to meet the requirements, working with IT to develop solutions, testing and gaining customer approval at project conclusion.
- Elicit business requirement using interviews, document analysis, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Develop business requirement specifications according to standard templates, using natural, non technical language.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams, and support teams.
- Develop ROM and detail estimates to include cost and efforts.
- Prepare risk impact assessments, and communicate to management as appropriate.
- Prepare business use cases and testing scenarios.
- Maintain documentation of all integration project requests and create documentation of all support requests where documentation does not exist.
- Coordinate and manage technical development.
- Manage testing process, maintain issue list and manage resolution.
- Coordinate and manage customer set up for integration projects. Participate in daily support related issues.
- Maintain all project information in project management system.
- Provide analytical reporting and d Confidential extraction as needed.
Product Development / Business Analyst Manager
Confidential, Lisle, IL
- Provided leadership, direction, strategy, and vision in the areas of product development, and process engineering to facilitate and enable growth and business agility for health plans as well as their clients.
- Reduced the effort spent on software defects from 25% to a sustained rate of 2%.
- Improved ROI of technology centric projects by 57% through formalized corporate objectives and the techniques to actualize the return.
- Enabled a strategic competitive advantage and operational superiority through the use of agile development practices, software frameworks, test automation, and business intelligence.
- Rescued an ailing mission critical custom CRM and ERP solution through a process of reverse engineering the implementation and then re-architecting it with a solid scalable foundation while facilitating ongoing business operations.
- Coupled with high availability and disaster recovery initiatives, the technology platform improved availability from 70% to 99.8% on a quarterly basis
Senior Business Analyst
Confidential, Lisle, IL
- Analyzed system software problems and develop solutions.
- Assist in the identification of process improvements, system design, testing and implementation of small to mid range large technical projects.
- Identified alternative solutions to user problems and make recommendations.
- Analyzed, defined, and translated user requirements into system requirements to ensure understanding of the request by all project members.
- Participated in project planning process.
- Reviewed enhancements and projects after implementation to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Created release notes for all changes & enhancements to the software.
- Analyzed business problems to be solved with system.
- Participated/Led cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
Senior Business Analyst
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Defined and documented business, and non-functional requirements using appropriate documentation techniques to describe statements of the goals, objectives, or needs of a particular stakeholder or group of stakeholders.
- Translated high-level business requirements into non-functional specifications for the IT organization and manage changes to such specifications.
- Obtained consensus by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Provided input to estimates for project management and change management activities through analysis of requirements effort, resources, and technology.
- Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
Senior Business Analyst/ Project Manager
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
- Clarified client requirements, business needs and project objectives, via feedback sessions and client meetings, in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Conducted business analysis, project assessment and feasibility determination for system implementation and integration projects.
- Developed and implemented two new templates for eliciting and documenting business and technical requirements for new and existing reports.
- Strategized project scoping and specifications documents, to clearly communicate the project roadmap.
- Led multidisciplinary team of up to 5 to 10 BAs, developers, designers, testers working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Co-managed project budgets of up to $500,000 and short-term projects of around $35,000 budgets.
- Coordinated work of employees and outside contractors to meet deadlines, budgets, and client demand.
- Met with all developers and project stakeholders to lead a kickoff meeting.
- Defined and introduced the project, team members' roles, and key deliverables.
- Mapped out timelines, milestones, communication processes, question and answer session.
- Assigned Q.A. team members to develop test cases, browser requirements, functional analyses of new projects, and worked with internal and external clients and stakeholders to conduct interim project reviews and final project tweaks prior to launch.
- Obtained multi-level signoff from senior management on projects and contests prior to approval.
Business Analyst Lead/Project Manager
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
- Participated in requirements gathering sessions with product management and/or business owners to identify and understand business processes and requirements for a systems implementation initiative.
- Assessed and understood current business and information systems and identified gaps in functionality.
- Translated business requirements into systemic requirements and detailed functional designs for easy to medium project application components.
- Participated in project management and development meetings to define and coordinate system d Confidential interfaces.
- Researched alternative approaches to system issues and communicated potential solutions to senior management.
- Participated in design sign-off meetings by preparing documents and presenting a portion of the application design.
- Worked with development and test teams to interpret system requirements, aid in technical implementation, and drive toward project milestone completion dates.
- Served as subject matter expert for small to medium application components during the planning, development, and stabilizing periods of the development life cycle.
- Conducted production support, interacted with users and developed new applications as needed.
Business Analyst/ Web Developer
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Development team member of a client facing design and execution team consisting of artistic and technical resources. Clients engaged the team to strategize and execute both the print and web based presentation of their annual reports. These clients range in industries including manufacturing, high-technology, financial systems, advertising, energy and entertainment.
- Collaborated on the technical design and executed the development of the required web pages or prototypes once an artistic design layout was completed.
- Created prototypes or final web pages and presented materials on conference calls to the ultimate client.
- In addition to the web pages presented, offered options, clarified on pros and cons of different approaches and ultimately documented final client selections.
- Created and submitted line-level code changes as a follow up to requirements. Completed such changes and requirements and presented to client.
- Created and maintained project management sites (Intranets) for corporate clients.
- Conducted end-user sessions (120+ total users) for exercising full use of application
- Worked directly with IT directors to manage site-specific development expectations and deliverables.
Technical Support Volunteer
- Performed upgrades, installation of software and drivers and essential desktop troubleshooting.
- Installed logical printers on a print server and preparing print server to host clients.
- Assisted on on-site visits and hardware troubleshooting and local system upgrades.
- Published weekly newsletters.
- Wrote and edited website projects and using HTML,CSS, ASP, etc.
Computer Science Intern
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Balanced responsibility and time commitments with 80% directed to web development and 20% on help desk and support duties.
- Redesigned the company web sites to enhance visual quality and improve ease of use.
- Day-to-day web development responsibilities, preparation and posting of new articles, newsletters and related political material.
- Participated in help desk duties including maintaining computer hardware and assisting users on PC based issues such as operating system and desktop applications.