- 20 years’ experience as Business Analyst/ Project Lead/ Quality Assurance/Data Analyst .
- Sectors covered - Banking, Finance, Mutual Funds, Manufacturing, Food Supply, Telecom and Government.
- Managing IT project scope, deliverables, goals and milestones including reviewing and signing off on all IT documentation.
- Exposure to following Financial systems and models - Oracle, Broadridge (BTS) at BMO, Mutual Fund systems (Retail Banking, Funds, MFA, MFR, Funding, Costing, Fundserv, Options, Firm Trading, Fixed Income, AFT, TRUST, Payment systems, Inventory systems.)
- Lead JAD sessions, within the government (e.g. Ontario Ministry of Finance) and private sectors on web based projects to elicit client requirements.
- Collaborated/Liaised with Business and IT stakeholders to gather requirements, walkthroughs, and confirm functional and non-functional requirements. Assist manager in daily administrative activities and application support.
- Experienced in Application support and implementations eg. Confidential ’s Rational Suite of Enterprise Project management at Confidential Bay and SYSPRO-ERP implementation
- Experienced in Preparation of Project artifacts documents - Business requirements, Change management, Project charter, Project Plan, Functional Design Specifications, Detailed Design, Test Plan, Threat Assessment, Privacy Impact Assessment,
- Extensive experience all types of QA and testing - Acceptance, Integration (IAT), System, Functional, Regression, Negative, User Interface, Load, Performance and User Acceptance (UAT).Defect management.
- Banking experience - began career as Confidential Bank Management trainee, and followed with retail Banking system enhancements- Cheque processing, DDA, Teller reconciliation and other areas.
- Telecom experience with Nortel on Call center application, Lucent on Progress and SAP costing applications.
ERP: SAP, ORACLE, PROGRESS, JD Edwards, SYSPRO, DacEasy, Peoplesoft. HR Fusion
Applications: Vision Plus Card system, TSYS, SAS, Peoplesoft Broadvision, ADP/ Sharepoint, ARIS II (Emergency Medical with GIS), Patient Wait Times, Cedara Medical Imaging, Oracle Business Intelligence, AI/ Knowledgebase , Profesy , eCommerce, Order Management, Inventory management, Packaging,, SYSPRO, Manufacturing, Warehouse and Supply Chain. Accounting -Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash. Retail banking, Cheque processing, Nortel Call center Symposium, Remedy, D+B Mortgage lending, Student Loan,
Trading Applications: Broadridge, FISERV, Charles River, AMDOCS , Murex, Fundserv, Custody, Proxy, Bloomberg, Stardata, TSX, Settlement
Financial Instruments: Mutual Fund, RRSP, RESP, RHOSP, TFSA, REIT, Bonds, Derivatives/ Swaps, Equities, T-Bills, Foreign Exchange, Term Deposits, of Deposits.
Programming Languages: JAVA, J2EE, PHP, XML Activex, C, C++, COM, .NET Weblogic/ Websphere, COBOL, Mainframe - COBOL, RPG II, Fileaid, MVS, IMS
Compliance: Basel II, FATCA, Dodd-Frank, MFDA (Mutual Fund Assoc.), IIROC, AML,ATF, Sarbanes Oxley(SOX), Volcker, OSFI (Office of Superintendent of Financial Institutions),Bank Act, Insurance Act
Office tools: MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
Enterprise Content Management: Systems - Sharepoint, Confidential FileNet Rational Tools, Lotus Notes, Business Intelligence- Oracle, Cognos Analytical, Wordpress
IT Processes & Methodology: Project Management Framework (PMF), System Development Lifecycle(SDLC), Object Oriented Architecture (OOA), RUP-Waterfall, Iterative, Prototype, UML, Enterprise Architecture ( Confidential Framework), Agile Confidential, ISO, ITIL, PMBOK, Capability Maturity model (CMM), PVCS .
Quality Assurance & Testing: HP (QTP, Quality Center, WinRunner, Test Director, LoadRunner,) Rational Robot, Silk Tester, Confidential Rational Performance Test. Exposure to Unit, Integration, System, User acceptance, Performance Testing
Project Management Software: Confidential Clearquest, Rational Perform Rational Portfolio Manager, and Requisite pro , MS Project.
Database: Oracle 10g, DB2, Sybase, SQL ,MS SQL Server 2005/2008 SQL Plus, Toad, PL/SQL Developer, IMS, Foxbase, Clipper, dbase .Cognos
Operating systems: Windows 7, 10, XP,NT,2K, Server, UNIX, AIX, AS400, mainframe
- End-to-end project management through the project life cycle including any risks, changes and issues
- Lead staff on ERP Implementation efforts, guiding data conversion, data mapping, and documentation.
- Prepared Project Plan, Requirements, JAD sessions, procedures, workflows (VISIO).
- Lead status meetings and other recurring activities with our clients, including preparation of meeting materials and minutes. Reporting on project milestones.
- Implemented following modules - GL(Asset classification), AP, AR, Inventory, Lot traceability, Procurement, Sales Order, Pricing, Currency, Warehouse, Logistics, delivery and other modules.
- Managing the planning process, including coordination with vendors and user group, establishing milestones, defect analysis, and identifying program priorities.
- Data conversion, test environments, test scenarios, Releases using SQL, including scripts and procedures.
- Coordinate, implementation, UAT effort and completion.
- Liaison with Client and software consulting houses data, environment and . XML feeds to and from Chains, payments and pricing.
- Evaluate Asset management, WIP modules for cost/benefit analysis.
- Utilized following tools -MS Excel (eg. pivots, formulae, VLOOKUP and if, etc.), Word and PowerPoint.
PM/ Senior Business Analyst
- Project co-ordination on MS Dynamic software conversion in an IT shared services for Social Services.
- Engaged various stakeholders and divisions in requirement gathering, reports, data mining, and data collection plus, data mapping exercise.
- Managing development and execution of project plan, with project documents.
- Validate XML file feeds of payments to various service groups, triggers and duplications, timeliness.
- Prepared high level functional/ business context and process diagrams.
- Co-ordinate testing efforts - IAT/UAT and defect management.
- Liaison with Client and outsourcing development consulting houses to resolve defects.
PM/ Senior Business Analyst
- Elicited data requirements in all HR areas e.g. Payroll, Onboarding, Local and Overseas Employees, Managers, VP’s to Tellers, compensation, health benefits, Job data, Employee records -collected and analyzed data for HR Book of Record.
- Identified application interfaces beyond the initial list provided and engaged departments for data gathering.
- Managing development and execution of project plan, with project documents.
- Attended Oracle Fusion implementation meetings to capture data elements, work with Cognos BI and other applications.
- Analyzed data using SQL and scripts, to capture various attributes of data elements.
- Prepared and presented high level functional/ business context and process diagrams using VISIO.
- Create Business Context diagrams identifying source applications, interfaces and related systems.
- Prepared and presented high level functional/ business context and process diagrams.
- In corporate compliance requirements-FATCA, AML, IIROC, OSFI, on vested (stock) packages for data.
- Identified HR application and interfaces, over 100 applications and manage Data Elements for data mapping and Book of Records.
- Lead exercise in filtering data elements uniqueness in each application. resources and leading groups in identifying data ownerships, and their attributes.
- Created centralized spreadsheet identifying critical Book of Records for collective data elements.
- Created templates and methodology for stakeholders to capture data elements.
Project Release Manager - Implementation Lead
- Managed Deployments for various divisions, platforms, and users within the Bank.
- Managed development and execution of project release plan.
- Collaborated with vendors, stakeholders and release management teams to implement solutions.
- Follow up on Unit, Integration and Implementation testing, Quality assurance processes.
- Prepare Intake request and Change Request processes.
- Co-ordinate timelines, delivery, packaging, quality assurance and deployment to user base branch and corporate levels.
- Document Requirements
- Create and maintain user requirements and installation documentation, Request for Change (RFC). Create (CRQ’s). Track, Prioritize and Control Change.
Project management/ Sr. Business Analyst
- Business Analyst for Government Agency on project dealing with Quality, Logistics, Lab and Distribution plus, other Warehouse reporting (Supply Chain).
- Utilize VISIO process mapping and workflow.
- Work with stakeholders, arranged meetings, communications, validation, and provide design suggestions.
- Understand, analyze, and solve business problems using the project lifecycle from strategic definition and proposal through requirements gathering, analysis, and scoping.
- Prepared high level project scope business requirements and liaised with the project delivery team. Created business process diagram design in Visio.
- Analyze BI application interface for product inventory and logistics.
- Migrate and merge database applications with existing web based environment applications. Validate XML feeds to accounting for sales returns, wreckages and other input processes.
- Prepare Work Tasks, Project Charters and other project related documents.
Project Management/Sr. BA
- Business Analyst for Insurance Company on project dealing with Confidential, on insurance and financial annuity enhancement s
- Developed and distributed competitive and market intelligence briefings to executives highlighting industry issues, trends (business, consumer and technology) and competitors activities by proactively researching customers and marketplace trends, industry issues, and monitoring competitors activities
- Identified risks associated with rejecting recommended strategy and tactics and developed mitigation strategies
- Wrote business high level requirements and liaised with stakeholders and the project delivery team.
- Business Consulting for business venture, RFP/RFQ, business development, cost benefit analysis, financing on projects.
- Consistently deliver projects on-time and on-budget by developing shared understanding of vision, objectives, and strategies for each initiative
- Managed stakeholder expectations through regular communication of s and next step
- Gather background information, assesses current processes, and research / investigate possible gaps to establish strategies and tactics to achieve initiative objectives
- Data mining, data mapping, data conversion exercise for software transformation, using Rational Tools.
- Merge wealth management company data to host system including compliancy.
- Performed data mapping exercise to convert to new database and KPI reporting along with dashboard.
- Capture financial instrument data and its attributes for business requirements.
- Transfer and merge customers to banks main database.
- Prepared presentation in PowerPoint for stakeholders meeting.
- Operation business rules for OSFI captured in requirements.
- Created business process diagram, use cases and other SDLC artifacts.
- IT staff - lead team of outsource staff in data mapping exercises.
- Proof of Concept - story boarding, prototypes. KPI and dashboard layout
- Gathered business requirements and technical requirements, for preparation of Business Architecture artifacts.
- Confidential claims registration and payment.
- Prepared estimations and allocations project objectives on MS Project.
- Identify payment and accounting feeds for claims in XML and other formats, capture and convert to main application format.
- High level assessment for prospecting and mining activities with internal and external customers - consolidating with other Ontario Government available systems via IT Shared Services Cluster.
- Prioritize and coordinate various aspects of project ensuring on time and within the stated budget.
- Engaged clients, stakeholders and leads, as and when required during project cycle.
- Created business process diagrams, use cases, Business Process flow diagrams, utilized Object oriented software tools to draw relationship diagrams, entity relationship and other items.
- Ran JAD sessions with Business and Technical architects following Confidential framework.
Project Management/ Senior Business Analyst
- Workflow and process of Capital Markets/ Trading, Governance, Risk and Compliance - BASEL II, AML, OSC, OSFI, Dodd-Frank, FISERV, SWIFT, SEC, IIROC, OSFI, MFDA.
- Project watch attendance and reviewed business artifacts for implementation of PMF and SDLC framework for trading and custody financial applications.
- Modify project artifacts for implementation in Confidential .
- Review and provided suggestions on Application documentation on Front, Middle and Back office systems related to various financial instruments
- Equities, Derivatives, Fees Billing, Cash, and Fund Settlements.
- Evaluated project artifacts-use cases, architecture documents and diagrams, requirements etc. and their completions for Confidential .
- This included evaluating projects in HP QTP tool to ensure Test cases, test plans and the rest of the QA processes followed as per Confidential level.
- Exposure to Project Management - system and test methodologies.
- Prepared templates and for various departments to follow Confidential methodology.
- Wrote standards and procedures to transition from standards from Confidential Level 2 to 3.
- Reviewed and revised project costing template and methodology for future IT projects as a standard.
- Elicit requirements with managers, department heads-legal, security and IT department staff to in corporate changes for new PMF and SDLC framework, based on Confidential methodology.