- Mr. Oluwaseun Balogun is a very skilled and talented professional with Over 10+ Years of Information Technology as a Business Analyst in the Federal and State Government, Health Care, Financials and Education domain.
- Mr. Balogun has been with BCS Inc. since November of 2011 and is currently leading the dashboards development efforts for the Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) division of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). He is also leading the Corporate Planning System (CPS) redesign for the DOE’s Office of Energy (OE).
- A solid background in requirements gathering allows him to bring his expertise and knowledge to BCS to help coordinate these efforts.
- Proficient in understanding, analyzing, and documenting Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, Business Process Flow, Business Process Mapping, Modeling, and Testing.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile Methodology, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Rational tools used during all four phases of RUP: Inception, Elaboration, Construction, and Transition.
- Extensive experience in project initiation, conceptual design requirement definition, Database design/modeling, system/documentation, quality assurance/system testing and implementation, Web based Application, Website Usability, & Database technologies, Business process reviews.
- Strong knowledge of DBA Basics, Oracle Database - Installation, Creation, Up-Gradation, Migration, Re-Organization, Database Tuning (Memory, SQL, I/O), Back-up And Recovery.
- Strong background working with clients, designers, and programmers to identify requirements, provide cost analysis, assist with creating user interfaces, and develop implementation timelines
- Extensive experience in developing SOA based applications.
- Extensive experience in creating Business Requirements Specification (BRS), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS).
- Organized many Joint Application developments (JAD), Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
- Highly experienced in analyzing and creating use cases, Use Case Diagram, Activity Diagram, Class Diagram, Data Flow Diagrams, Business Flow Diagram with UML methodology, mockups and wireframes using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Experience in preparing Project Charter Document, Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD) and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Conducted GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis and Impact Analysis, modeling Businesses Processes, and prepared Training Manuals and Knowledge Transfer manuals.
- Highly Experienced in UML Object Modeling, Process Modeling, Data Modeling using Visio, Object Oriented Concepts.
- Proficient in Testing Lifecycle including Test Strategy, Test Planning, Test Case Preparation, Test Execution, User acceptance testing (UAT) and Defect Management.
- Process-oriented approach to all assignments, with ability to understand the overview, plans and measures progress toward goals.
- Worked on different databases and performed validations using SQL queries.
- Familiar with current industry standards, such as HIPAA, SOX, Title 21 CFR Part 11, 21 CFR Part 820, ISO, Six Sigma, and Capability Maturity Model (CMM), Section 508.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and created management reports while working in matrix environment.
- US Citizen: HSPD – 12 (Active)
Oct 2011 – Present, Confidential, Laurel, MD Senior Systems Analyst U.S. Department of Energy, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Mr. Balogun has been with BCS Inc. since November of 2011 and is currently leading the dashboards development efforts for the Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) division of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). He is also leading the Corporate Planning System (CPS) redesign for the DOE’s Office of Energy (OE). A solid background in requirements gathering allows him to bring his expertise and knowledge to BCS to help coordinate these efforts.
- I am leading two teams on different projects: 3 Business Analysts, 1 Developer, 1 Technical Writer, and 2 Data Analysts.
- Facilitates Requirements gathering sessions with current system users and development team to discuss and come up with design strategies for new DOE software to track House, Senate, and Congress allocations to all recipients across the U.S.
- Performs automated testing using Mercury QTP in different environments as well as performance and regression testing both in the GUI and web interface to ensure bugs are captured in systems developed.
- Developed use cases, workflows, screen mock-ups, and conversion requirements.
- Assists in the development of both high level and detailed application architecture documents to meet business needs.
- Performs continuous software “demo’s” with end user to capture additional changes and feedback before final deployments of software.
- Responsible for developing the DOE’s the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act dashboard to track all funds that were given out as well as what they were used for. I am also responsible for four other “Base” program dashboards Using IBM Cognos.
Dec 2010 – Sep 2011 Confidential, Woodlawn, MD Lead Systems Analyst
Project: Validation Database (VDB) Enterprise Test Data Management System (ETDMS) The ETDMS Project is intended to coordinate with the Data Across the Life Cycle (DALC) initiative, which provides Validation Database (VDB) users with an Enterprise Test Data Management System (ETDMS) capable of meeting a full array of user needs for system testing. It also provides sanitization services in all phases of project development. Using new technologies, the new ETDMS will give users expanded capabilities to acquire and manage test data in a more user-friendly atmosphere As a Senior Business Analyst, I was part of the Northrop Grumman team responsible for the re-engineering of the Social Security Administrations Validation Database (Enterprise Test Data Management Systems).
- Gathered business requirements from Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to understand how current legacy (mainframe) system works.
- Reviewed the current performance, analyze how to put the functionality into a Graphic User Interface for optimized performance and handling.
- Created Use Cases which are used to finalize Detailed Functional Requirements for Web Interface.
- Conducted sessions to achieve 508 compliance and meeting Web Content Accessibility Guidelines on the designed application.
- Performed functional review meetings with previous contractors working on project (Lockheed Martin, CSC) to obtain information on process and current state of the Validation Database.
- Participated Functional Designs Meetings to review development activities in relation to requirements that have been specified during requirements gathering.
- Designed screen mock ups for the User Interface Detailed Functional Requirements using Microsoft Office Visio.
- Organized the GAP analysis meetings to go over As-Is and To- Be of the requirement.
- Interacted with Division Branch Chiefs to discuss SOA as well as systems designs
- Created training documents for different phases of the development.
- Participated in Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to design Data Flow Diagrams (DFD’s) for the different phases of requirements.
- Developed Master Test Plans and Test Cases for each Use Case developed
- Developed User Manuals, System Documentations as well as Robo-Help for all phases of the requirement.
- Created meeting agendas for Use Case meetings, GAP analysis meetings and the Technical Design Meetings.
Dec 2009 – Nov 2010 Confidential, Manassas, VA Federal Account Executive/Business Analyst
As a Business Analyst, I was part of a team responsible for building the enterprise reporting client facing, web application to support credit card transactions and business for federal government procurement online.
- Apply Earned Value Methodology (EVM) to determine project performance and implement necessary corrective actions to ensure project is on track
- Participate in the collection of functional requirements from system users and the preparation of business requirement documents using Rational Requisite Pro that allows implementation by the development team and COTS products
- Responsible for gathering business (both functional and non functional) requirements, performing gap analyses, writing business and functional specification documents, and facilitate UAT testing.
- Assisted business unit by identifying, understanding and documenting business needs.
- Collected and documented business processes and business rules.
- Created targeted questionnaires for SME’s have to gather requirements in SharePoint.
- Developed use cases, workflows, screen mock-ups, and conversion requirements.
- Assisted in the development of both high level and detailed application architecture documents to meet business needs.
- Assisted Project Manager to evaluate the impact of change requests and plan accordingly.
- Developed test scenarios and conducted several project related presentations.
- Assisted the QA team in reviewing test cases, test plans and tested final application for usability testing to verify that all user requirements were met.
Environment: RUP, UML, Oracle, SQL, JAVA, HTML, MS VISIO, MS OFFICE (Word, Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint, Project), Requisite Pro, HP Quality Center, and IIS.
Jun 2008 – Dec 2009 Confidential, Washington, DC Database Administrator
As a Database Analyst, I worked independently as a contractor with the consolidation of the client’s old database Oracle 9i upgrade to the Oracle 10g.
- Performed oversight of the entire Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including systems requirements, coding, testing, and implementation of proposed systems and provided critical recommendations and solutions for complex problems
- Demonstrated the ability to define problems, analyze and develop plans and requirements in the subject matter area for simple to moderately complex systems in the subject matter area.
- Coordinated and managed the preparation of analysis, evaluations, and recommendations for proper implementation of programs and systems specifications in the areas of risk management
- Responsible for developing and maintaining validation databases and automated techniques for effective and efficient conduct of systems and acceptance testing.
- Provided validation support using automated test tools, and develops, documents, and executes manual tests
- Worked in close coordination with software designers and business analysts in performance and failure analysis of detected problems.
- Lead a team of specialists to gather requirements.
- Acted as a point of contact with users to provide advisory services, conduct validation studies, conduct training, identify problem areas and determine feasibility of new or modified processes; responds to user recommendations for areas of responsibility.
- Tested the back end Data Base by preparing Queries with SQL to retrieve data from database.
- Held weekly status meetings showing progress and future testing efforts to the QA manager.
- Assisted in Creating Detailed Timelines, Test Plans and Test Strategies for major releases and organized strategy review meetings.
- Established Traceability between the Requirements and the Tests in Traceability Matrix using Quality Center
- Checked for inconsistencies in data entered in contacts list applied recovery and restore operations of critical database file.
- Developed prototype of new information processing application and Performed Critical update patches.
- Wrote SQL queries in MS Access and Oracle for data manipulations.
Environment: Web Sphere MQ Workflow, Visio, Rational Suite, Java, .NET, SQL Server, Sybase, UNIX), Windows 2000
Sep 2006 – Jun 2008 Confidential, Lanham, MD DBA/Business Analyst
I worked as an outside consultant with Chaveran to perform requirement work for several government agencies.
- Responsible for identifying any DB2 problems or issues, reporting to my manager and coming up with a solution
- I worked with programmers to create an automated process for running RUNSTATS and REORGS with adjustable thresholds. This eliminated the old process of running REORGS on all tablespaces every weekend and reduced the 3rd shift batch window by several hours.
- All DB2 Database Design & Support - Database Recovery as needed, RLF implementation, Continuous Availability (7 X 24 X N), Batch Window reduction, Business Resumption planning and testing, SQA (System Quality Assurance) testing.
- Performed cold and hot backup to production databases using RMAN
- Produced and reviewed complex technical documentation such as systems design, system architecture, feasibility studies, and system specifications reflecting detailed knowledge of technical areas as identified in the Task requirements
- Involved in preparing, writing, and reviewing validation protocols and documentation to ensure compliance with and adherence to the Software Process Improvement (SPI) group standard processes and procedures
- Develop and enhance testing process documentation including a suite of Regression scripts.
- Was responsible for designing control procedures, investigation process and application of quality investigation for root cause analysis and its impact on products/processes and design
- Executed the test cases for testing the data as it moves from landing to staging, from staging to Data Warehousing using SQL queries.
- Applied recovery and restore operations of critical database file
- Maintained system security by applying appropriate roles and privileges to application users
- Upgraded and patched Oracle database on Windows and Unix servers
- Tuned the database and applications for faster and better performance including Performed goal-oriented tuning as necessary
- Maintained database users by implementing security and assigning restricted roles
- Communicated daily backup updates to DBA teams and Configured SQL scripts to build and administer Oracle database objects
- Performed fast and easy data transfer and maintenance and Maintained and updated all Oracle administrator passwords
- Installed and configured Oracle software to meet end user requirements and provided management and troubleshooting needs to the Database
- Utilized SSH and Remote Desktop Connections to remotely manage databases
Environment: Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Microsoft Access, Operating systems: Microsoft Windows 2000/ XP, Vista, Unix (Solaris 8/9), Linux, SQL, SQL*PLUS, PL/SQL Shell Scripting, Visual Basic, RMAN, Data Migration-Export, Import, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Backup and Recovery, SQL- Loader, Data Pump.
Apr 2003 – Aug 2006 Confidential, Charlotte, NC Business Analyst
Project: First trust bank is a personalized and fully integrated financial services institution that includes brokerage, banking and lending. Project OLEM E-Direct was a web based brokerage application that enabled customers to manage their equity accounts online. Functionalities included: access to access to breaking financial news, real time quotes, placement of stock and mutual fund trades, transfer of funds, review of portfolio performance and statements.
- Integral part of the team, assigned the task of carrying out the budget planning of the project, thus, obtaining a grasp of the financial concerns of a project.
- Developed Detail Project Management Plan to distribute project resources, to design work schedule, to keep workflow on track and to accomplish expected output on time.
- Reviewed incoming client transfer forms and confirm assets are acceptable for transfer Process incoming ACATS transfers.
- Researched ACATS transfer status for brokers and/or other departments. Follow up on pending ACATS transfers.
- Conducted analysis of current processes to figure out flaw in it and recommended improvement plans for those processes.
- Documenting and reporting the progress to the management on an ongoing basis.
- Developed the business and functional requirements specification describing and prioritizing of the requirements.
- Created Use Cases from the list of requirements using Rational Rose. Followed the UML methodology to create Use cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Class Diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Interpreted Use Cases, Work Flows, and Screen Shots for the Application.
- Developed Domain and Analyzed object models, including business and solution views.
- Developed Project Status metrics for weekly evaluation of Project Status and impact of the Change Request on the Time line.
- Created Implementation Plan identifying the action steps for developing the system describing tasks, primary responsibilities, deliverables, and completion dates, the hardware, software, Internet connectivity, project personnel, and budgetary expenditures required information system environment.
Feb 2002 – Mar 2003 Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN Systems Analyst
Project:The HIPAA-EDI (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act / Electronic Data Interchange) Project involved the validation and testing of the various HIPAA transactions in HL7/EDI X12 formats in order to simplify the way business was conducted with group customers and members. Utilized Facets software to store, send and receive enrollment, billing and health care claims according to HIPAA 4010
- Gathered requirements and analyzed them to convert into functional and non-functional requirements.
- Conducted meetings/interviews and JAD/JAR sessions with stakeholders to collect business requirements, analyzed the root cause of the problems and developed use cases using MS Visio.
- Interacted with the SME’s to gather information about the health care provider enrolment, billing and health care claims processing and checked if they are processed correctly or not.
- Prepared storyboards and business Workflow/flow charts processes and models that cover "How" business process models are prepared.
- Responsible for defining and documenting System Requirement Specifications/feature requirements and supplementary requirements, creating requirements traceability matrix (RTM).
- Experience working on Medicare, Medicaid insurance, HIPAA 4010, health care regulations and CMS terminology.
- Tested the system and applications for compliance with the HIPAA, HL7 and EDI X12.
- Experience working on EDI X12 transactions such as 837, 270, 271, 276 and 835.
- Familiar with ICD 9 codes.
- Experience working on Microsoft SharePoint server for content management applications
- Worked with Facets software for maintaining data about the enrollment, billing and health care claims management and to store, send, receive HIPPA transactions and facilitate the administration of HIPAA privacy rights.
- Worked closely with the ETL data warehouse and BI teams while developing data marts, data models and while reporting and data mapping & validation and wrote SQL queries, prepared dashboards and performed data analysis.
- Interacted with the QA team to develop test plans & test the test cases.
Environment / Tools:Facets Managed Care 4.3.1, CaliberRM, MS Access, Excel Visio, SQL, Oracle, HP Quality center, Clear Case.
2000 – 2002 Confidential, Minneapolis, MN Systems Analyst
Project:The project focused on designing a Facets claims processing system that accepted and processed paper and electronic claims from various providers (Doctors and Hospitals).
- Participated in gathering user requirements, developing functional and non-functional requirements and technical specifications of Critical Business Processes.
- Detailed Analysis and Documentation of Data Flow, Multiple Asset Classes, Reporting Service and Cash Management and Analytics.
- Prepare and Document Business Process Modeling, Data Flow Diagrams, E-R Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Deployment Diagrams.
- Work closely with teams of BAs, developers and testers throughout the entire development life cycle to elicit and manage requirements using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Entered the functional and non-functional requirements into the Rational Tools and administered the tool to provide accessibility and Change Request Management.
- Define System Functionalities including User Interface, Wireframes, Graphics, and System Content.
- Perform Data Modeling, Data Mapping and Data Analysis to support and Improve Business Processes.
- Created attributes for each requirement like priority, status, cost and difficulty and provided one-to-one, one-to-many parent child relationships between requirements of the same type
- Created traceability relationship between requirements in the same module and also between different modules.
- Prepare Documentation for Configuration and Installation of SharePoint 2007.
- Develop User Interface screen for Account Manager, Risk Analyst using SharePoint 2007.
- Responsible for conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) session as a session leader. Responsible for defining the scope of the session, scheduling design sessions, reviewing the project scope, objectives, and definition document, evaluation of the JAD session
- Co-ordinate with application developers and business group for infrastructure test design and architecture improvements and Web Application Delivery Team.
- Prepare Project Evaluation Report, Manuals for UAT, Lead Meetings and Sessions for maintaining flow of Project.
- School of Business and Technology
- Bachelors of Science in Business Information Systems
Software: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Access Data Base, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook Express, MS Project, Visio, CA Clarity. Industry Standards: HIPAA, SOX, CFR 21 Part 11, CFR 21 Part 820, ISO, Six Sigma, CMMI Operating Systems: Windows9X, Windows2000, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows Vista, MSDOS, Mainframe, Linux Tools: Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, HP Quality Center, ClearCase Testing Tools: Quick Test Pro (QTP), Crystal Reports, Winrunner 7.5., HP Quality Center, SharePoint, MKS, Rational Requisite Pro Database: MS Access, SQL, Oracle, Oracle Financials Languages: C++, UNIX, SAS, SAP, SPSS, SQL, TSL and JAVA, .NET Methodologies: SDLC, RUP, UML, RAD, CMM, JAD