- Applied BABOK knowledge areas to conduct interviews and facilitate requirement gathering sessions to create and review documentation.
- Utilized knowledge of use cases, process flows, mock ups and wireframes in planning, organizing and estimating the scope of testing work efforts.
- Conduct workflow, data flow, data integrity analysis and develop reports with complex sql queries.
- Strong business acumen to drive features from the business requirements document into the developed product by coordinating between business and IT.
- Provide exceptional and satisfactory customer service by managing change requests and identifying the impact on all relevant business processes.
- Displayed ownership of test scripts and bugs by actively participating in bug triage meetings in order to influence the team to make a holistic decision regarding application defects.
- Demonstrated clear understanding of business needs by creating and validating test scripts during White Box, Black Box, Functional, Integration, Localization, Smoke, Regression and User Acceptance testing.
- Highly adaptable and fast learner with the ability to serve in Waterfall and Agile SDLC environment. Participate in sprint planning, scrum and retrospectives.
- Involved in planning tasks, prioritizing features, estimating by mapping the requirements to resources and managing change requests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and documentation skills.
- Provide feedback on trends, patterns, resolve and trouble shoot issues.
- Brain storming with team for resolving blocking situations with creative solutions.
- Getting the job done attitude and eye for detail with understanding of gap analysis, complex workflows, data issues, business cases, and facilitation and elicitation techniques.
- Used analytical abilities to track defects and problem solving skills to drive issues to resolution.
- Collaborated with others to move the project forward depending on the priority and customer impact of issues found in the multiple applications under test.
- Delivered professionalism and productivity in a small online - merchandising firm to a large product development company through efficient use of time, building effective relationships and a strong commitment to teamwork.
- Responsible for support in User acceptance test phase by providing knowledge transfer and understanding around testing efforts.
Language: T-SQL (Normalization, Relationships, DML & DDL scripts, Views, Functions, SQL Jobs); UML 2.0 (class models, activity/state machine, sequence diagrams, flow charts, use cases)
Analysis Methodologies: Cost/ benefit analysis, Gap analysis, Document analysis
RDBMS: SQL Server 2000, 2005 & 2008
Testing Tools: VSTS, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Management Studio
Data Modeling tools: Confidential Visio 2010
Bug Reporting tools: Confidential Product Studio, MS Excel
Applications Used: MS Office 2010, Snagit editor, Macola ERP system, Confidential Sharepoint
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/Vista/ 7
- Conducted requirement gathering session with users, translated in to business requirement and functional specs for consumption of IT.
- Acted as a conduit between business and IT ensuring business requirements are delivered as per specifications.
- Developed test plans, test scripts, discovered, logged and tracked bugs.
- Created User Manual for user and support.
- Worked independently with end users to identify their specific business/functional needs.
- Gained understanding and knowledge of business process modeling.
- Involved in tool improvement and enhancement meetings from business/user perspective.
- Reviewed and planned test tasks for offshore resources.
Software Development Engineer in Test
- Gathered domain knowledge about the Customer-Partner application from development and PGM team.
- Analyzed business requirement documents, functional and technical specification to identify gaps.
- Collaborated information for test plan documentation across the test team, presented test case analysis and estimates.
- Worked closely with other teams for structured walk-throughs of specification, bugs and code.
- Engineered and documented detailed test plans, test cases and manual test scripts.
- Documented test cases in Product Studio to meet and quality assurance standards.
- Executed manual functional test cases and ran automated tests in VSTS.
- Tested multiple processes and integration of Confidential ’s customer to partner to partner application.
- Performed error handling and localization testing for the customer to partner to partner application.
- Involved in peer review sessions to formulate creative ideas/solutions to ensure deliverables meet company guidelines.
- Tested Partner data integrity using SQL scripts in SQL server management studio.
- Verified referential integrity for customer-partner business rules.
- Ran stored procedure scripts to perform comparative analysis of “partner solutions” search results between the database and UI.
- Performed regression and ad hoc tests on the application based on business use cases, class and activity diagrams.
- Assisted in developing automated test cases.
- Tested user reports to check report accuracy.
- Actively logged bugs on the BRD, functional specs and applications while creating clear, concise bug submissions.
- Logged bugs on the production systems to improve existing customer experience.
- Analyzed and mapped bugs to test cases to create bug reports using graphs and charts.
Software Test Engineer
- Analyzed and reviewed business rules, requirements, and functional specifications.
- Participate in specification reviews from QA perspective.
- Created test cases for business scenarios to verify business and data work flows.
- Executed smoke tests, BVTs, functional test cases and regression tests through test phases.
- Involved in logging and tracking bug status.
- Responsible for ensuring data quality and data integrity using SQL scripts.
- Performed black box testing on the ERP package.
- Used SQL Profiler to check the performance of long running transactional queries.
- Validated proper database population for the financial system.