- Involved in Analysis, Design, Development and implementation of Business Intelligence and Maintaining Applications using MicroStrategy.
- Provided complex Reports in MicroStrategy Desktop and MicroStrategy Web using Templates, Filters, Prompts, Consolidations and Custom Groups.
- Involved in creating Custom Documents in MicroStrategy reports to combine the Data sets of multiple reports and also created custom Dashboards using Report Services.
- Organizing and Managing the MicroStrategy objects to eliminate the redundancy.
- Provided to the end users and educate them on the BI tools.
- Tuned the reports at the database level and the MicroStrategy level.
- Expert in business process engineering and software development life cycle, including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of software applications.
- Creating Schema Objects, Public Objects, and other objects in MicroStrategy.
- Proficient in creating reports and dashboards with MicroStrategy, OBIEE, and Qlik
- Interviewing the Client to obtain business requirement, communicating requirement back to IT team to develop Reports, Software or tools as needed.
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and presentation skills; expert in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to negotiate with consultants / subcontractor in other to remain within budget and achieve the SOW outlined on the deliverables
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Solomon, Deltek, Cost - Point, Microsoft Project, SQL, MicroStrategy 9 &10, Qlik Sense, Microsoft Visio, and working with Splunk 6.0 also, proficient in working with large Databases in Oracle and writing SQL Queries
- Organizing and Managing the creation of tracking systems and Dashboards to reflect performance and deliverables of tasks. Proficient with Jira and Remedy as ticket tracking software.
- Participates in the development of the department’s strategic plans, materials and tools. Effectively trains and mentors staff on departmental tools and systems.
- Experienced in working in an Agile / Scrum environment.
GUI/Tools: MicroStrategy 10, Qlik Sense, Splunk 6.0, MS Project, Visio, Oracle SQL, Share Point, Solomon, Deltek, CostPoint, Aginity workbench for Netezza, ERStudio Data architect 9.1, IDM - Sail Point, Jira and Remedy
Industry Stds: ISO 9000, PMP Standard Process, GAAP, SOX
Confidential, Reston, VA
MicroStrategy Developer / BA
- Created three canned reports for the Appeals and Grievance module.
- This includes understanding the logic for each report and creating the metrics, prompts, filters and attributes.
- Constantly gathering requirement from clients to modify BRDs to make it easier for developers to create reports.
- Troubleshooting issues for clients and testers, assisting with production support tasks. Creating Ad Hoc Reports for Clients if the report is complex. clients on how to create their own Ad Hoc reports.
- Building Dashboards that are used for Demos, using Visual Insight to do data analysis for clients. end users and clients on how to use MSTR web for data analytics, using and creating dashboards using Visual Insight.
- Creating materials and organizing for clients via WebEx and face to face. material include manuals, guides and PPT slides.
- Going to client sites to gather requirements of various needs, advising and clients on the best reporting practice to suite their reporting needs.
- Redesigned the Schema to a true Star Schema to enable faster development time for report building. Creating mapping documents and other architectural documents to facilitate data modeling.
Environment: MSTR 10.4 and MS SQL Server (Agile methodology)
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD
- Building reports from FRDs and BRDs documents.
- Working with the Business Analysis to understand the mapping documents, mock ups and business requirements while building the reports.
- Using Documents style in MicroStrategy to creates certain reports
- Using Visual Insight / Dashboard to create different visualizations for reports as needed by the business.
- Unit testing, fixing defects from the QA team.
Environment: MSTR 10.4 and Oracle 11g
Confidential, Arlington VA
Business Intelligence - Business Analyst
- Weekly status update sessions with Client, updating and debriefing task status.
- Gathering requirements from client or end users, proposing better processes or methods to achieve a more effective result.
- Responsible for all aspect of the and development on the contract.
- Creating materials, conducting a "Train-the-trainer" session for the Help Desk team.
- Coordinating migration processes handled by the operation team, from the Development Environment to the Push to Production environment.
- Creation of different Test Plan for various task, including Single-Sign-On (SSO) implementation on all the users in the organization.
- Responsible for testing and validating data migrated from legacy servers and systems to new systems.
- Carrying out smoke testing on the Business Intelligent environments after any major maintenance exercise.
- Working with the ETL team to identify data error on reports (MSTR & OBIEE) by locating the source table affected from the previous load.
- Working with the MicroStrategy developers to create schema object and creating Ad Hoc reports per user's requirement.
- Creating MicroStrategy dashboards and overseeing the modification existing dashboards to meet User requirement.
- Back stopping and supporting the OBIEE Admin during the migration process from the development environment to testing environment.
- Supporting Project Manager on different PM tasks.
- Involved in the implementation of SSO function by supporting the Identity Management team. Gathered requirements from SME, tested the IDM software before implementation company wide.
Environment: OBIEE, SSAS, Microstrategy 9.8, Linux (Scrum)
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Software Engineer - BI
- Involved in a three months transition period, from outgoing contractors the incoming Confidential team.
- Coordinating Knowledge Transfer meetings with client's Subject Matter Experts (SME)
- Obtaining information from the SME for creating documentations on all the MicroStrategy team responsibilities and procedures.
- Successfully transferred into a steady phase with the client.
- Resolving tickets related to any report being used by the customer.
- Trouble shooting any data error on reports.
- Working closely with the ETL team to resolve data issues affecting any reports.
- Communicating with the clients to understand whatever issues they are facing and providing necessary support.
- Monitoring the servers and daily loads from ETL, communicating with customer if there is any delay in the daily loads.
- Creation and adjustments of Dashboards
- Meeting with client to make sure we understand the requirement and the business rules involved in their request before we begin to create new objects.
- Creation of new attributes, filters, custom groups or consolidation
- Creating Ad Hoc reports per customers requirement.
- Meeting with stake holders to collect business requirement and functional requirements, and working with the developers to achieve the expected deliverable.
- Assisted in the Data Quality Reporting initiatives to ensure data integrity from all data sources.
- Review data model design and ensure industry best practices for Dimensional Modeling and MicroStrategy are adhered.
- Bridging communication and understanding gaps between business users and the technical development team.
- Creating new users for client requesting to have access to BI environment.
- Granting access and privileges to new users in Production and Development environments
- Migration of objects from Development to Production using object manager
- Metadata and Unicode testing, before and after migrations and upgrades.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.4/9.3.1, IBM- Netezza.
Confidential, Washington, DC
BI - Developer & Business Analyst
- Created Design documents as per user requirements.
- Analyze the technical requirements of the new application.
- Analyze the business requirements from both users and organizations perspectives
- Performed application testing before deployment.
- Managed the project applying the disciplines of professional project management processes.
- Involved in gathering business requirements and documenting specifications.
- Creating workflow diagram using Visio to represent the business requirements and various phases the task was made of.
- Worked extensively with the developer to create Application Objects like Measures and Compound metrics, Dynamic Filters, Custom Groups and Consolidations for complex reports.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.3.1
Confidential, Washington, DC
Manager Finance and Administration
- Development and maintenance of the finance group tracking and monitoring system which includes an Accounts Payable department's Log and Dashboard. The Dashboard provides various reports of team’s activity showing a progression of individual group activity and monitoring the results produced by the department.
- Work with the Finance Analyst to develop reports for the CFO.
- Provides explanations and clarifications of policies and procedures to project management units as related to financial activities.
- Reviews, analyzes, and resolves errors in reports, statements, invoices and other materials to ensure compliance with all necessary USAID regulations.
- Prepares modules on departmental and/or company policies and present the to staff within and outside the department.
- Formally document departmental policies and procedures, and update as necessary.
- Approaches problem solving collectively with senior staff and internal and external clients to achieve a mutually beneficial result. Participating in the creating of Dashboards for monitoring and evaluation of divisional result to track performance of different projects and departments in the F&A division.
- Liaises regularly with new business staff to understand and better respond to clients’ needs for a proposal.
- Manages relationships with subcontractors, potential partners, and consultants that serve to enhance Chemonics’ reputation on an anticipated project.
- Participates in new business activities, including proposal teams as an expert recruiter for Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA). Fully trained to participate in a G-trip to gather information for an anticipated RFP.
- Creating STTA matrix and subcontractor matrix for proposals
Confidential, Arlington VA
- Supervising and guiding 10 employees on a daily basis as they process invoices for payment. Resolve all problem issues while constantly communicating with the vendors/subcontractors and end users. Post vouchers in the accounting system and making sure month end reports and weekly reports are done.
- Working with the divisional staff accountants on resolving billing issues on their specific projects or task. Verifying coding issues, re-classing, and reversals of wrongly applied accounts or organizational codes.
- Participates in system upgrade testing
- Responds to project managers and divisional Staff Accountants enquiries.
- Monthly tracking and reconciliation of monthly expenditure of overhead accounts. Verifying budget allocation as established by the client.
- Maintains complex accounting codes for transactions on an ongoing basis
- Constantly working with general ledger accountants in analyzing financial statements, ensuring cost and revenues are properly allocated. Established ability in budget tracking by collaborating with the Divisional Staff Accountant (DSA) to maintain and monitor project costs
- Maintaining and Supporting the problem invoice database, troubleshooting problem vouchers and clearing up discrepancy from vouchers in cost-point. Processing invoices from confidential projects on a timely manner.
- Using CP report and lotus note based applications to resolve problem invoices in the database.
- Working with the purchasing department on P-Card payment processes, setting up the upload files and reviewing the data from all the P-card transactions monthly. Working on different processes to make the P-Card system easier.
- Contribute significantly to acquisition processes, preparing, analyzing and updating payment and cost spreadsheets associated with the payment of consultants and subcontractors absorbed from acquisitions.
- Displayed dexterity in transitional processes from old to new system, ensuring smooth transition for the acquired company employees. creating and documentation of procedures and methods to increase productivity and reducing problems that could occur in the current process.
- Meeting with management team monthly to access the productivity level of different teams in the department
- Participating in initiatives to move the department to a paperless system.
- Assisting the Project manager by working closely with the IT department as the workflow system is generated and tested with a pilot group within the AP department.