- Developed Business Process flows in support of very large data application conversions.
- Led UAT efforts on the business side. Mentored other business analysts on tools, analysis techniques and quality standards.
- Experienced in data and Workflow analysis. Functional and nonfunctional requirements gathering (JAD sessions), and test case planning and execution (Test Director/Quality Center).
- Skilled user of MS front office tools, Visio, Project, Access and Oracle Business Suite to include HR
- Advanced in use of UML tools and techniques to communicate Business Requirements between non technical and technical team members including the use of Requisite Pro.
- Basic knowledge of Cognos, Business Objects, Peoplesoft Enterprise products.
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Analyst
- Gathered requirements from the stakeholders, SMEs, technical managers and end users through formal (JAD sessions) and informal channels.
- Analyzed the requirements and recommended priorities and functional groupings
- Documented legacy source system data and business workflows. Incorporated workflow analysis into recommended conversion workflow sequence.
- Conducted daily work sessions between the Business and IT to resolve open issues.
- Partner with the business stakeholders, targeted consulting engagements, technology teams, and other project teams within the SDLC process groups.
- Created dozens of Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Interaction Diagrams and Test Cases from business requirements.
- Collaborated with the Business SMEs to develop and validate business rules for the translation, transformation or aggregation of data to a target destination.
- Develops complex Project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans and allotment of resources for each phase of the Project.
- Identifies and schedules Project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Coordinates recruitment and assignment of Project personnel, human resources management tools such as Peoplesoft and Oracle, salary processing, yearly reviews etc.
- Assigns duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to Project personnel.
- Directs and coordinates activities of Project personnel to ensure Project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Manages and monitors the work of the team, to ensure that the team focuses on high priority items, while promoting teamwork.
- Coordinates and responds to requests for changes from original specifications.
- Questions designs and/or procedures to enhance the quality of the application and/or process for building the application, ecommerce, fidelity etc..
- Demonstrates accountability for the results of the team.
- Implements metrics to track team performance against schedule expectations and budget.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Monitors Project results against technical specifications.
- Identifies and raises issues or deviations from the functional requirements.
- Facilitate meetings between all stakeholders and internal IT resources, to determine required tasks, deadlines, resource commitments and project gap analysis to insure successful completion of each assigned project.
- Maintaining task/milestone list and associated timeline for all assigned projects, based on review/meeting with business analysts and stakeholders in each organization.
- Track resource allocation/commitment per project assigned, by organization.
- Provide daily/weekly reporting as necessary the on status of all projects to IT management, assigned BA’s, and organizational stakeholders, when appropriate and requested.
- Manage projects to achieve goals within scope, budget and on schedule.
- Lead cross - functional project teams across six departments through each software and system development lifecycle (including WBS, timeline, budget estimation and resource allocation).
- Took a lead role in daily issue resolution for projects and/or enhancements in technology, communication, and end-user interface.
- Work with data management team in satisfying the data management needs of the project. (e.g. development of Data Management Plan, ongoing data cleaning an auditing, and data entry activities).
- Coordinated and facilitated weekly project meetings with project team to review project plan. (including timeline, identify risks and review change requests).
- Provided weekly meeting minutes and action items to all attendees.
- Updated the PMO Project Dashboard for Senior Management to include the milestones, timeline, budget, resource allocation, risks and issues for all projects.
- Standardized and maintained project documentation for project testing strategy and test cases impacting project team members.
- Implemented MS Project Server 2007 to track internal resource allocation and projects status.
- Trained nine project managers on MS Project thereby increasing organization’s ability to track project progress and manage resource allocation.
- Used Agile methogologies across various projects.
Sr. Business Financial Analyst
- Track and review all expense vouchers for accuracy and compliance.
- Review GL to audit for Consulting Services expense vouchers and check for anomalies.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and maintain all aspects of Vice President s schedule.
- Created and maintained spreadsheets for all Consulting Services meeting and training conferences, coordination of invoices, maintain lists for Directors and above.