- Career software Developer, Business Analyst and Project Manager possesses over 15 years extensive experience in a wide variety of IT challenges and industries including banking, insurance, retail and manufacturing. Efficient and successful problem solver, comfortable as team lead or team member, knowledgeable in a variety of IT tools, languages, platforms and operating environments.
Software Implementation Engineer
- Review financial client data elements and compare to required software data elements.
- Prepare implementation documentation and travel to customer site for data gathering.
- Assist customer in designing data queries, then validating collected data.
- Assist customer in data transmission to secure server farm via sFTP. Create custom client MS SQL databases.
- Install on customer hardware and provide mentoring and support.
- Update customer/client information on Salesforce and set events/reminders for customer outreach.
Security Analyst / Consultant
- Analyze existing RACF schemes and patterns for First Citizens Bank (Raleigh, NC) making appropriate decisions in order to add new batch identifier for major RACF initiative. Create and execute RACF commands, verify changes/adds via Vanguard (version 8.2). Perform additional and detailed security analysis by importing RACF data files into an ACCESS database. Execute queries and macros (Access & Excel) producing management decision points reports. Rewrote daily processing COBOL program to improve structure and future maintenance needs.
Business Systems Consultant
- Provided support (24x7 - tiers 1, 2 and 3) for (MFE) a Micro Focus server based developer tool, with a user network of more than 400 users, US and international
- Logged defects and change requests into Mercury/HP Quality Center with all appropriate documentation attached.
- Provided application server monitoring to assess and maintain overall health of product functionality (load balance, batch tasks scheduling) and asset efficiency
- Grant new users access to MFE (determine Active Directory requirements and forward request), established user security setup within MFE
- Installed vendor software updates (new releases and hot fixes) to production environments according to best practices and SDLC requirements.
- Build engineer for Test and UAT environment. (Created and installed all custom load/executables onto test servers for QA testing of vendor updates).
- Stored all Production implemented source code in repository (Harvest).
- Posted all project implementation artifacts into shared document repository “Documentum” and project status artifacts onto team SharePoint websites.
- Performed UAT script requirements updates and executed scripts accordingly.
- Customized production VBS scripts for in-house enhancements
- Maintained and tuned Access databases. Mined Access databases for adhoc reporting.
- Re-imaged test workstations and re-installed software product where applicable.
- Debugged issues and mentored users in APS (AppMasterBuilder) coding techniques
- Imported DB2 and IMS tables from Mainframe to MFE database server for users.
- Remediated MFE issues by replication with solution/work around and/or contacting Micro Focus (vendor).
- Co-ordinated Disaster recovery exercises for the MFE (M1) application.
- Constant analysis on work flow processes and testing requirements for streamlining and/or improvements.
- Worked with a power MFE user to create multiple location DB2 tables. These tables were used for pre-launch of coding changes for a Treasury portfolio application.
- Created and archived extensive documentation on problems/solutions, best practices, FAQs for the MFE software, as well as how-to manuals.
- Assist users in debugging COBOL, APS, IMS DB/DC code within the MFE environment.
Senior Analyst Consultant
- As lead analyst/developer, performed merger requests for South Trust acquisition (Commercial Accounts Analysis application), performing data mining and “what-if” scenarios for merged customer profiles. Data was extracted to Excel, manipulated, and uploaded to mainframe data repositories where existing system jobs could be executed. .
- Created on demand custom reporting (Eztrieve, Cobol, Excel)
- Acted as Lead Analyst in the APS to MFE conversion initiative. Migrated 400 plus APS programs from the mainframe to MFE. Recompiled and retested each program in the MFE environment.
- Generated MF analysis to identify dead and/or redundant code. Code identified was removed and all necessary testing performed to validate unchanged functionality. Then followed the framed SDLC for production implementation.
- Mentored team members in Micro Focus usage and best practices. Assisted team members in compiling and debugging operations.
- Created appropriate documentation for users to follow.
- Participated in USER group discussions pertaining to MFE