- Excellent communications (written & verbal) skills to understand and validate customer requirements, prepare Business Requirement Document (BRD), System Design Specification (SDS), and communicate the same to the design & development team for smooth functioning of the application development process.
- Created process flows and use case diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), with excellent understanding of various phases like Requirements, Analysis/ Design, Development and Testing.
- JAD sessions to gather, synthesize and prioritize requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, site visits and surveys.
- Worked with Quality Team in developing test plans, test scripts and test cases based on functional specifications.
- Maintained Test Matrix, Traceability matrix, prepared and maintained the requirements traceability matrix (RTM), conducted functional walkthroughs and successfully got sign offs .
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions, created Test scripts, Test plans and Test Scenarios and supervised the development of User Manuals for customers.
- Demonstrated experience in Software Quality Assurance and QA tools such as Mercury Quick Test Pro and Mercury Quality Centre.
- Performed business impact analysis of proposed projects, processes and GAP analysis for new functionality requirements, as well as prioritizing them based on actual business needs so as to align them with the project roadmap.
- Proven inter - personal skills i.e. the ability to quickly establish rapport & credibility with customers and manage strategic relationships.
- Ability to switch work roles i.e. work independently or in team according to the job demand and work situation.
Applications: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) & Adobe
Software & Solutions: MS Visio, MS SQL Server, MS Project, Enterprise Architect, HP LoadRunner, HP Performance Center, HP Quality Center & HP Diagnostics
Languages: C++, JAVA, HTML & SQL
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP & UNIX
- Interfaced with Clients to identify the business/ functional requirements and documented the same in Business Requirement Document (BRD) & Functional Requirement Document (FRD).
- Created vision, scope, and use case documents, business process models, use case diagrams (using VISIO) and activity diagrams.
- Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures.
- Performed GAP and Risk analysis of existing system and evaluated benefits of new system.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to resolve open issues.
- Validated technical designs created by IT developers against functional specifications.
- Worked with Quality Analysis (QA) team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Coordinated work plans between Project Manager and the Client using MS Project.
- Supported the Scrum Master in facilitating the prioritization of user stories
- Created documentation (incl. User Manual) for training and Help Desk teams.
- Used Unified Modeling Language (UML) to create artifacts for project related deliverables.
- Analyzed Business Requirements, performed gap analysis and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams/State Diagrams and Class Diagram Documented and maintained requirements traceability matrix to ensure that all requirements are traceable from top to bottom and to provide a basis for test plan
- Gathered requirements through JAD sessions & interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), translated the requirements in the form of System Development Document (SSD) for the IT team to work on application development.
- Performed gap analysis between the “As-Is” model of the legacy system and the “To-Be” model to identify the gaps, logged issues relating to the identified gaps and worked with the SME to get clarifications.
- Used Quality Center to get an easy interface to manage and organize activities like Requirements coverage, Test Case Management, Test Execution Reporting, Defect Management and Test Automation.
- Created Activity Diagrams & Use Case Diagrams using MS VISIO and MS Excel to represent the charts and data.
Confidential - Fairfax, VA
- Worked with the PM during the SDLC from requirement analysis through deployment, using RUP Methodology.
- Interacted with business users of Facets claim processing system and gathered the gaps faced by them in the existing applications.
- Documented requirements and communicated them to the IT team in the form of Use case documents, System Design Documents.
- Elicited requirements and prepared the technical system design and System Design analysis of the flow of EDI transaction sets 835, 837 & 997.
- Managed system requirements and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), and Scenarios using Requisite Pro.
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspective with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- Used Rational Software Architect to carry out business modeling and create use case diagrams.