- Over 6+ years of IT experience in business analysis, design, implementation and software testing.
- Experience with analyzing business needs, gathering requirements, planning, organizing, documenting, and testing software applications.
- Methodologies: experienced with rational unified process (RUP), agile (Scrum) software development, waterfall methodology, six sigma standards and UML.
- Experience in participating JAD sessions for project definition, analyzing requirements,
- Experience in creating prototypes, Developed use case diagrams, sequence diagrams, state diagrams and activity diagrams.
- Experience in business process definition, risk analysis, use case analysis and process flow diagrams.
- Strong analytical skills, evaluation and high degree of initiative. Coordinate all aspects of project planning, scheduling tasks, tracking, and monitoring risk analysis.
- Worked extensively with dimensional modeling, data migration, data transformation, data loading, data modeling, Meta data model and performance tuning.
- Experience in understanding database structures and write SQL.
- Adept at writing data mapping documents, data transformation rules, maintaining data dictionary, data migration documents and interface requirements documents.
- Experience in gathering reporting requirements from the business users for business intelligence, data warehouse application.
- Experience in writing test plans, test cases, generate test scripts and maintain reports for defect tracking.
- Experience in test automation, identifying tests to be automated, designing test automation framework, building automated scripts, modifying existing scripts, executing and result analysis.
- Experience in integration testing, system testing, user acceptance testing (UAT), functional testing/black box testing, grey box testing, regression testing, GUI testing, performance testing.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES
Software applications: MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational DOOR, Rational ClearQuest, Rational ClearCase, JIRA, HP Quality Center, MS SQL, Toad for Oracle, Altova XML Spy, TeamTrack
Project management and business analysis concepts & methodologies: PMO support, project planning and control, request for proposal (RFP), change control and management, statement of work (SOW), cross - team communications, business development & strategy, data analysis, system analysis, risk identification and mitigation, SDLC, UML Modeling, use cases, functional specifications documentation, data mapping and modeling, page mockups, wireframes, UAT, AGILE & SCRUM
OOAD and DESIGN: RSA7 (Rational Software Architect), Rational Rose, UML with Class, Sequence and Use case diagrams, Visio
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux, Z/OS and AIX
Packages: Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Clear Quest
Databases: MS Access, Oracle 8i/9i, DB2, MS SQL Server
Office tools: MS Office 2003/2007 (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), MS Visio, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Share Point, and MS Project.
Testing Tools: Rational Functional Tester, Rational Requisite Pro, Quality Center, LoadRunner, WinRunner, Clear Quest and Bugzilla
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, Cognos
Version Control: PVCS, SVN, CVS, Clear Case
Confidential, Lansing, MI
Sr. Business Analyst / Quality Assurance Analyst
- Part of the ICD-10 Assessment Team responsible for ICD-10 impact assessment. Accountable for the Operations Management, Member Management and Provider Management MITA business processes and deliverables
- Conducted validation sessions/walkthroughs with technical and business SMEs to identify and resolve open issues in the system & business documents.
- Assessment of changes to those systems that need to be made to support migration to the ICD-10 coding standard.
- Participating in Peer Reviews, open issue meetings, weekly status meetings, Walk-throughs with Development and Business users
- Worked with the Assessment & team to develop the ICD-10 plans for different support groups and with the ICD-10 end-to-end testing team to come up with the ICD-10 end-to-end testing strategy and test plan.
- Wrote SQL queries to extract data and generate weekly status reports and metrics.
- Involved in preparing flow diagrams for the decision logic using Visio tool.
- Developed strategy for and implemented comparative testing for outpatient claims working in collaboration with the Medical Administration and Medical Policy teams
- Review requirements and understand technical recommendations and constraints, and develop comprehensive and accurate functional specifications; Data Mapping, and process flows.
- Work with Compliance and Regulatory operations to follow and monitor different IT process bound by CMS Regulations.
Environment: MS Excel, Word, Visio, UML, power point, SQL, MS Access.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Business Analyst/Quality Assurance Analyst
- Actively involved in 5 stages of planning process such as defining testing goals, test subjects, designing tests, test steps and automating tests.
- Participated in Requirement gathering, preparing the test cases, application testing & Lead a team with Agile/Scrum Methodology.
- Analyzed various requirement documents to prepare the detailed Test Cases.
- Involved in interacting with the business team and Requirement gathering, preparing the test cases, application testing & Lead a team.
- Developed Test cases based on Use cases & Business Requirements.
- Performed Risk Analysis to determine the focus of the testing; identified critical business processes.
- Involved in writing System test plan, test cases and test procedures and test scenarios.
- Involved in Production Support in solving the production support critical issues.
- Added various conditional statements to enhance the Test Scripts in for the functional and regression testing.
- Involved in writing complex SQL queries to find the data for all the scenarios from the database and involved in performing the back end testing.
- Developed test scripts for Functional, performance and data driven tests for the UAT.
Environment: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, SQL, Quality Center, Excel, Access.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Business Analyst/Quality Assurance Analyst
- Participated in the study of present business process and understand client needs work with the Sales and marketing team to support them information for Sales meetings.
- My primary responsibility is to monitor the progress of all teams on the business side and manage the issue log/ Incident Log.
- Performed business analysis to define project requirements, scope, and business case
- Involved in Data modeling and Analysis of the new database that is being created for the Imaging system
- Am responsible to analyze the future state of the system and recommend solutions along with DRP/BCP procedures.
- Am responsible to design the ‘TO BE’ process flows and prepare requirement documentation for the development phase
- Am responsible to track, resolve issue in the Issue log
- Am the owner of the project plan and issue log documents and I am responsible to report any vital changes to the management
- Am responsible to monitor testing, and implementation and handle any issues within these two phases
- Am responsible to track the project and resource management for the entire project right from inception to delivery and maintenance at client site
- Am responsible to schedule User Acceptance testing and be main line of communication between client and vendor
- Managed multiple projects, tracked project budgets, also responsible for resource allocation.
- Identified risk and project impact and performed risk assessment and mitigation
Environment: : Oracle 8i, Mainframe, Cobol, JCL, CICS, DB2, SQL, UNIX, MS Visio, Java, MS Office
Confidential, Norman, Oklahoma
SharePoint Business Analyst/Quality Assurance Analyst
- Interacted with SME’s to understand the current system and the expected changes.
- Responsible for meeting with and consulting senior management in order to define key business needs and Business Intelligence technology needs
- Conducted interviews, JAD sessions and one on one session with them to gather requirements.
- Managed the Support process of change requests, configuration management and incident management.
- Worked on Site Collection, Site Configuration, Site Template, Team Site, Wiki Site, Blog, Document Workspace and Meeting Workspace for managing Web portal information.
- Developed custom application pages to meet various business requirements.
- Developed InfoPath solutions and published into SharePoint Document Libraries for gathering and sharing information.
- Developed complex Work Flows to automate the manual process of the organization.
- Worked extensively on Data views and Event Receivers.
- Involved in generating test plans and test specifications as per business requirements.
- Involved in conducting manual and automated testing at various phases of the project development.
Environment: Waterfall, MS Office Suite, SharePoint Designer 2010, Visual Basic, C# .NET, JScript, SQL Server, SharePoint Portal Server 2007/2010, SQL Server 2005/2008, Visual Studio 2008/2010, Windows Server 2008.