A position with an organization where my experience, education, and capabilities in the areas of System Technology and Project Management would be valued.
Over 22 years of experience in computer technologies working in a healthcare retail business. Assignments including: project lead, subsystem lead, project management, computer operations, business system analysis, system design, program design, programming and troubleshooting, version control, change management, release engineering, backup and recovery and disaster recovery, programming for a retail outlet.
Knowledgeable in the areas of systems using the following languages: Basic and Cobol; Ultimate Pick, which is a relational database language; CICS; SAS; JCL ; SQL; Korn Shell.
Operating systems including: Windows XP to Windows 2008; Unix; Linux; z/OS.
Tools: and applications: Windows Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Mail and Schedule; Microsoft Outlook; MS Query; Move for DB2; Microsoft Project; Microsoft Visio; Crystal Reports; PVCS; Rational ClearCase; Rational ReqPro; Endevor; Diamond; Tivoli Software Manager; Endevor; Service Center using Peregrine, PVCS Tracker, AWD (Automated Work Distributor), VB6, LaunchPad, Use Cases.
Business Analyst/System Analyst/Programmer/Quality Analyst
- Worked with AWD to set up work flows for the business areas. Worked as a liason between the business analyst and the developers.
- Troubleshooted application issues with AWD.
- Assisted PMO’s as needed.
- Met with the Business areas to document business needs, and identifying process improvements work towards implementation of those improvements all in accordance to IT standards while serving as a project manager. In accordance to government regulations, identified needed changes to comply with changes required.
- Converted Crystal reports from version 8.5 to version 12 as part of a system upgrade. Modified and developed Crystal reports as needed.
- Maintained VB6 and .net applications.
- Made changes to the LaunchPad application.
- Performed data analysis utilizing SQL.
- Utilized SQL against DB2 tables for gathering requirements and troubleshooting applications.
- Worked with all phases of the SDLC process.
- Developed use cases for the applications for the changes being implemented.
- Worked with Tivoli Storage Manager for backup and recovery of Windows, Unix, and Linux servers, which also included Disaster Recovery.
- Also supported the Rational ReqPro application and was responsible for upgrades of the Rational Suite.
Senior Endevor Administrator
- Tasks included standardizing the processors, as well as administration of product, developer support and system upgrades.
- In addition, provided backup support and Administration of the ClearCase version control tool.
- Led the release migration activities and supported environment changes using ClearCase.
- Provided primary mainframe migration support for all production release activity as well as troubleshooting application issues.
- Also provided assistance to end users and trained new teams on using ClearCase.
Technical Team Lead
- Managed the development of the Custom Capitation Capability.
- Coordinated and resolved issues with development teams, Data Warehouse, and application teams.
- Used Microsoft Project tool to manage and monitor project activity.
- Managed activities of three resources.
Training Technical Lead/Infrastructure Capitation Project Lead
- Responsible for the Technical Database Maintenance and data manipulation for the Corporate Integration Testing team.
- This included extracting Production data to be loaded into the databases.
- Responsible for setting up the training environment and managing training schedules.
- Worked with multiple technical teams, internal and external to the area.
- Developed a process to insure that the Data Warehouse could get required data from the application, supporting and coordinating activities across multiple teams.
System Programmer/System Analyst/Business System Analyst
- Responsible for estimating and scheduling all Membership and Billing service requests.
- As industry changed was responsible for gathering the information related to systems and assessed the business needs and coordinated with the systems team to come up with software solutions to meet those business needs.
- Gathered the business needs and led the planning activities for the design, development, and implementation of the Capitation and Settlements and any subsequent enhancements.
- Worked the SDLC for all enhancements, including working Service requests.
- Developed test matrices and performed testing and documented results. Worked as a liason between technical teams and the business teams.
- Acted as team lead for the conversion of the data from six regions all with separate systems to a new system.
- Prior to the conversion, maintained the Capitation and Settlements subsystems for the six regions.