- Sr. Business Analyst with ability to handle multiple projects for requirements and project management tasks.
- Capable of detail assessment of current systems and business processes, documenting ‘as - is’ and ‘to-be’ processes, system requirements specifications and traceability matrices.
- IT Experience in Systems/ Business/ Reporting Analysis, Quality Assurance, PMO and Production support activities.
Languages: Unified Modeling Language (UML), JAVA, .NET, C, C++, SQL, Pascal, COBOL
Databases: Oracle, SQL-Server, IBM-DB2, MS-Access
Tools: Requisite Pro, ClearCase, ClearQuest, MS-Office, SharePoint, Visio, Quality Center, TOAD, SQL Server Mgt. Studio, Remedy, JIRA
- Acted as a liaison between IT and end user organizations in driving quality assurance efforts of federal deliverables and production support activities.
- Instrumental in performing root cause analysis (RCA), working with several groups within the IT organization for failed and pending orders that have been overdue.
- Driven long term defect analysis and resolution (DAR), and coordinated efforts for necessary steps to reflow orders in order to mitigate short term issues.
- Documented reusable processes for future issue resolution, created and delivered training to prevent issues caused by user error and improve future order success ratio.
- Audited customer contract deliverables generated by IT systems to ensure contract guidelines are met.
- Opened, assigned and managed trouble tickets requiring content corrections, highlighting root cause on issues and worked with design team to address long term fixes.
- Analyzed ongoing issues and user errors to drive new development, defect resolution, and user training.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Researched business processes, analyzed current state (‘as-is’) and future state (‘to-be’) of IT systems via interviews, questionnaires, observation, and brainstorming techniques.
- Gathered & documented requirements via JAD sessions; developed use-case scenarios, and facilitated user interface prototype sessions with system end-users.
- Utilized Unified Modeling Language and Rational Unified Process for system development life cycle methodology and project documentation.
- Gathered system requirements for Identity and Access Management system such as single sign-on, user profiles, role-based authentication and performance.
- Developed traceability matrix for correlation between requirements, test cases, and business rules; assisted with translation of requirements into technical specifications.
- Facilitated communication and training of system changes to impacted parties. Participate in various special projects and task forces as needed.
Technical Business Analyst
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Tasked with major key enhancements to Quantim health system. Created requirements specification including user stories, UI wireframes, mockups, user flows, business and validation rules, etc.
- Acted as liaison between off-shore team and on-site product owner clarifying requirements and negotiating priorities, facilitated agreement and sign-off on final requirements and specifications.
- Evaluated information gathered from multiple sources, reconciled conflicts and decomposed high-level information into details, analyzed user requests and identified underlying business needs.
- Managed change control, facilitated system, integration, and user acceptance testing; analyzed trouble tickets and ensured appropriate escalation for timely resolution of critical issues.
- Acted as a Subject Matter Expert (SME); helped build the business requirements from ground-up for corporate intranet development, gathering requirements from various departments.
- Managed change control issues, created change requests, obtained sponsor approvals for requirement changes, and updated requirements documents accordingly.
- Involved in detailed study of business processes and documented the processes relevant to these systems to serve as business process guides for new hires.
- Analyzed and documented Report requirements specifications, data mapping process for various complex repots, and validated report data via querying the database.
- Created user training materials like user guides, documented business processes, and provided user training to end users via demonstration and presentations.
- Researched and documented the underlying business rules that drive core systems, associated downstream impacts, and acceptance criteria.