Business/Systems Analyst with over 6 years of business and systems experience in diverse and complex enterprise software environments. Demonstrated skills in planning, meetings with customers, defining and managing business requirements, producing detailed business and technical documentation, and assisting in implementation, testing and support of new or revised systems.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILL AREAS:
- Experience in gathering requirements by using different methodologies: personal interviews and meetings with internal or external stakeholders, site visits, and task and workflow analysis. Facilitating requirements and applications review/design sessions.
- Consensus building skills. Data mapping and modeling. Presenting complex software solutions in a coherent manner to both technical and non - technical audiences.
- Created and managed many types of documents as needed: scope documents, business requirements, functional and non-functional specifications, use cases, business process rules, UML models, GUI designs/wireframes, user guides, meeting agendas, status reports, traceability matrices etc.
- Creating and incorporating of screen captures, tables, diagrams, charts and graphics.
- Working knowledge of conventions, terminology and style for professional business and technical communi- cations.
- Effective in translating the synthesized and complex information into clear, concise, consistent and accurate language.
- Style Guide.
- Acting as a liaison between customer and technical project teams. Ability to identify gaps, defects and requirement changes, clarify the issues with stakeholders, and take a corrective action. Establishing guidelines and procedures for the common change requests at advanced stages of the system delivery. Monitoring the system implementation process to ensure that the developed software solutions are practical and meet business needs.
- Analytical yet creative, with ability to generate innovative solutions to problems. Well organized, able to multitask and prioritize work effectively. Comprehensive and strategic thinker. Maturity of judgment and decision making. Cross-functional communication, collaboration and relationship building skills.
Conceptual understanding of enterprise architectures and software systems, languages, frameworks, databases and software development/testing methods: APIs, .NET Framework, Java, SaaS, Cloud, Servers, Web Technologies, Web Services, SQL Server, Oracle, SOA, XML, BPM, CRM, ERP, BI/Reporting, Messaging, Information/Content Management, SDLC, Rational ClearQuest, HP Quality Center
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, CMMI
Desktop Applications: Office, Visio, SharePoint, Balsamiq, Rational RequisitePro, RoboHelp
Graphics/Publishing: Photoshop, InDesign, FrameMaker, SnagIt, Camtasia Studio
Confidential, Albany, NY
- Captured, analyzed, validated, documented and managed the requirements and functions of the Two - Way Communication/Secure Message Center application (TWC) throughout the Agile Software Development and Testing Life Cycles.
- The TWC is used by Confidential as a secure method of correspondence with customers. The Agile framework implemented the core CMMI Level 3 practices.
- The combined efforts resulted in deployment of stable, working application meeting the requirements of the Confidential business units.
- Effectively brokered user concerns with the project teams as a result of focusing on organizational skills, and assertive communication and negotiation techniques.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Business Applications Analyst
- Defined requirements and authored functional and high level technical documentation through the entire solution delivery cycle in the enterprise technology environment.
- The complex environment includes a Web Service orchestration layer with multiple APIs that call other Web Services to return the key data points syndicated from several Confidential systems.
- Created diagrams (Visio, Web Sequence Diagrams), documentation entries in the corporate Wikipedia and an outline of the Web Services consumer guide.
- The resulting documents deepened the functional understanding of the new service layer among the users.
- Using the new service layer showed a steady productivity improvement of the third party vendors.
- Retrieve Customer Information, Retrieve Billing Arrangement, Retrieve Devices and Status
- Submit Payment
Business Systems Analyst
- Defined and documented custom business processes in the CMMI environment for a provider of human centric workflow/business process management software (K2).
- Prepared interconnected diagrams, screen mockups and supporting documents for translation into business process modeling maps.
- Optimized business processes for 75% of clients in different industries by thoroughly analyzing and evaluating the real - time reporting data.
- Displayed strong teaching skills to conduct training sessions for new customers.
Technical Business Analyst
- Demonstrated analytical, design and documentation skills to create high level system design documents with varied levels of abstraction for different software applications in a large, multi-disciplinary environment of the local government.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Provided consulting services to vendor of the enterprise information management software.
- Created documentation with functional and technical specifications for the customized Internet Policy Production System (iPPS ) solutions.