- Business Analyst with over 8 years experience in Banking, Mortgage, Financial/Insurance and Health care industries.
- Astute Understanding of Business Process Flows, Case Tools, and Business Analysis.
- Expert knowledge in Finance domain such as Derivative, Portfolio Management, Capital Management, Online Trading, and Technical Analysis.
- Act as a business liaison between IT and project managers for process improvements to create, test, and implement financial reporting systems.
- Conduct variance analysis and make recommendations to management based upon various financial analysis.
- Software Development Life Cycle SDLC experience including Requirements Gathering, Specifications Analysis/Design, and Testing as per the RUP's Iterative Software Development Life Cycle process
- Excellent Skills in Performance Management to support strategic planning, goal setting, strengthen productivity, enhance decision making, and improve quality service.
- Excellent Analytical skills in understanding the business process and translating business requirements into functionality requirements.
- Developing functional specifications for business process refinement and automation, conducting feasibility studies, analyzing scope and vision of the project.
- Perfectionist in requirements collection, from clients and processing information to the project team
- Good knowledge of Business Process Modeling and Business Process Re-Engineering and experience with SWOT analysis.
- Expert in
- Iterative Software Development Life Cycle Process as per Rational Unified Process RUP , CMM Capability Maturity Models and Rational Tools used during various phases of RUP.
- Extensive experience with process modeling using Unified Modeling Language UML , use case diagrams, including the business workflow using Rational Suite, Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development JAD sessions for requirements gathering, analysis, design and Rapid Application Development RAD sessions.
- Assisted in user acceptance testing UAT of the system.
- Documented Requirement Traceability Matrix in Requisite Pro, Test Director and MS-Excel for traceability of requirements through test cases.
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing UAT , SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
Sr. Business Analyst
Developed a scalable, web browser-based portfolio management and securities accounting solution. It supports geographically disbursed locations and multiple segments of the money management industry over multiple distribution channels such as mobile devices, Web browsers, and information portals . It uses a rules based, real-time, message-based architecture that allows non-programmers familiar with operations, securities accounting, and performance measurement functions to operate the system. Robust reporting features produce comprehensive drill-down analyses using point-in-time ledger queries or as-of reporting approaches.
Roles and Responsibility
- Identified, researched, realized, investigated, analyzed, defined and documented business processes and Use Case Scenarios
- Coordinated activities between business unit and technical staff, developing new ways, policies, and procedures to meet the business needs Involved with the following product: Stocks, Fixed Income, Bonds and Bond Trading Cycle, Bond Pricing, Equities, Trade Cycle, Derivatives Options and Futures .
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Use Case Diagram, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML.
- Intricately involved in Business Process flow development, Business Process Modeling Stocks Trading Cycle and IPO allocation cycle and Business Analysis.
- Used detailed knowledge of application features and functions, assessed scope and impact of business needs throughout analysis and completion of all enhancement specifications.
- Assisted project managers with the development of project schedules, development of requirements and preliminary design for client applications.
- Performed analysis and designed projects using RAD methodology.
- Conducted workflow, process diagram and GAP analyses to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Conducted user interviews at both in-house and client locations to gather and analyze requirements.
- Gathered data requirements for systems and overseen ETL processes using Informatica.
- Was involved in designing e-business tools for account management.
- Used the different types of views in Requisite Pro e.g. Attribute matrix, to display requirements of a specified type.
Sr. Business Analyst
Majesco Mastek is a global technology solutions provider focusing on delivering business and technology solutions to Property Casualty Insurance companies. Its core portfolio comprises technology consulting, IP based solutions, systems integration and outsourcing. Their key products comprises of Billing System, Insurance Claims Processing and Policy Administration System. This web based application can be customized as per client's business requirement. RENAISSANCE BILLING SYSTEM is an integrated web based P C Insurance billing system. This application with Insurance billing modules like Account / Policy Billing, Third Party Agency Billing, List/Group Billing was a complete billing system for P C Insurance companies.
Roles and Responsibility
- Assisted business users in identifying functional gaps, and developed detailed FSD for the gap
- Migrated Data from MS Excel to SQL Server Reporting Service Using DTS and SQL loader utilities.
- Generated SQL queries to develop risk reports.
- Understanding the specifications for Data Warehouse ETL Processes and interacting with the data analysts and the end users for informational requirements.
- Designed and developed test plan, wrote and executed test scripts for the Data Warehouse.
- Conducted JAD sessions for communicating with Stakeholders and Project directors
- Involved in generating Test cases for property and casualty Insurances for Different Levels of Business.
- Designed and developed workflow templates and lifecycles for process involving creating content to publishing product information on web.
- Wrote Test Cases in Mercury Quality center that would test various Test scenarios.
- Performed Business Process Mapping and performed AS IS and TO BE analysis
- Applications tested were integrated to mainframe Vantage system which included business applications for new sales, policies, quotes, and web based applications.
- Correspondence included solicitation letters, financial transaction confirmations, and quarterly and annual policy statements.
- Used Unified Modeling Language UML for process modeling and use cases.
- Coordinated participation and sign-off of various business partners and customers.
- Interfaced between Business new product builders and System platform builders.
Sr. Business Analyst
Manhattan Mortgage is a premier national mortgage banker specializing in a wide variety of mortgage services. Manhattan Mortgage takes pride in its ability to offer a wide range of competitive products through a professional and knowledgeable staff. Prime function of the project was to automate the Mortgage Loan Origination Process beginning with the customer initiation to title transfer. The system performs all the business functions of the loan process such as set-up Account Information, New Loan set-up, Escrow Analysis, the Appraisal, Credit, income and Title functionalities. My primary responsibility was to develop functional specification documents for the appraisal and credit departments by gathering, analyzing and documenting requirements from various Business users associated to the system, analyze external factors and the third party data sources such as regulatory agencies and credit bureaus and document the constraints.
- Worked as business analyst to support the re-design of the Mortgage Asset Management System. Extensively involved in the development of Reporting Data Warehousing System.
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC Methodology.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring and Asset Management.
- Conducted interviews with key business users to collect requirement and business process information.
- Developed business process models in RUP to document existing and future business processes.
- Performed extensive requirement analysis including data analysis and gap analysis.
- Designed and developed project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
- Developed business requirement specification documents as well as high-level project plan.
- Comprehensively work with requirement gathering for Enterprise reporting system using Requisite Pro.
- Designed and developed all Use Cases and UML models using Rational
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation.
- Established a business Analysis methodology around the RUP Rational Unified Process . Helped develop use cases, project plans and manage scope.
- Developed requirement reports for day-to-day retail banking needs for opening account, online baking using rational SoDA.
- Managing Project requirement changes using Requisite Pro.
- Developing strategic partnerships with the business unit to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line, including the business plan, products, process and revenue streams.
- Played a key role in the planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Worked with marketing team in knowing what exactly bank's client wants.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
- Partnered with the technical team in the research and resolution of system and process problems.
- Analyzed research on operational procedures and methods and recommend changes for improvement with an emphasis on automation and efficiency.
- Conducted benchmarking activities to identify best practices.
- Used SQL, Toad, Data Warehousing and Data Cleansing for the arrangement of customer data.
- Used Rational Clear Case and Clear Quest as Configuration Management and Change control tools.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing UAT
- Full knowledge of most phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Ability to work with all members of the project team, following the project through the
- Systems Development Life Cycle and ensuring business objectives are met extensive project life cycle experience .
Environment: Rational Rose, RUP, UML, Requisite Pro, Soda, Clear quest, Clear case, SQL, MS-Office, Test Director, MS Visio
Sr. Business Analyst
Project Description: Cigna Healthcare is a company providing customers with benefits, expertise and service that improve the health, well being and productivity. As a BA, I was involved in developing fully automated, real-time claims processing system for complete, on-line mediation of medical, dental, vision, and disability claims and encounters as per HIPAA guidelines. System allowed the efficient and timely management of all relevant data clinical, financial, and administrative throughout the organization enabling the sharing of information between subsystems.
Technologies: Windows NT/2000, MS SQL Server, Rational Unified Process RUP , CMM, UML, Rational Rose RequisitePro, Mercury Quality Center TestDirector, Clear Quest, MS Office Tools, MS Outlook, Java.
- Extensively involved in implementation of effective requirements practices, including gathering User Requirements, and analyzing User Requirement Document URD , and functional specification document FSD , use and continuous improvement of a requirement gathering processes.
- Applied RUP methodology with its various workflows, artifacts and activities to manage life cycle from Inception to Transition phase.
- Acted as liaison between external clients and SMEs to generate and standardize product requirements specification documents such as URS/FRS/UseCases.
- Employed UML methodology in creating UML Diagrams such as Use Cases, , and business process and workflows.
- Was engaged in applying CMM standards which provided guidance for improving organization's processes and the ability to manage the development, acquisition, and maintenance of products or services Cigna was providing to its clients.
- Conducted JAD sessions to identify the business flows and determine whether any current or proposed systems are impacted by the EDI X12 Transaction, Code set and Identifier aspects of HIPAA. Involved in GAP analysis, mapping, implementation, and testing for processing of Medicaid Claims. Worked on EDI transactions: 270, 271, 835, and 837 P.I.D to identify key data set elements for designated record set.
- Involved in designing determined 3-tier architecture for the claim processing system. Assisted team lead in developing Requirements Traceability Matrix RTM to trace the relationship between business and functional requirements to test cases. Prepared and executed different Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Involved in conducting Functionality testing, and User Acceptance testing UAT . Provided analysis and insight to QA Team in defects and bugs tracking.
- Currently working on analyzing impact of ICD-9 4010 to ICD-10 5010A conversion on participating providers.
- confidential Role: Business Analyst confidential Project Description: Medco Finance Medicare Part D Transition Project :
- Medco Health Solutions, Inc. is the nation's leading PBM with different prescription drug benefit programs that are designed to drive down the cost of pharmacy health care for private and public employers, health plans, labor unions and government agencies of all sizes, and for individuals served by the Med D Prescription Drug Program.
- In Medco Health, I worked for Medco Medicare Part D Finance team which comprised of Premium Billing, Insurance Accounting, Accounts Receivable as well as Medco Finance IT team. I worked as a Business Analyst in the Transition to TMG Health project to implement Trizetto's Facets application to perform all the financial operations activities.
Technologies: Windows, Rational Unified Process RUP , CMMI, Six Sigma, UML, MS Office Tools MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, Requisite Pro, Clear Quest.
- As a Business Analyst in Medco Finance team I Acted as primary liaison between Business area Subject Matter Experts SMEs team development team throughout all phases of SDLC starting from Inception to Transition phase of Rational Unified Process RUP methodology of iterative software development to generate numerous Business Requirement Documents Functional requirements specification documents, Use cases, Vendor Requirement Specifications, system flow and work flow diagrams.
- Conducted JAD Sessions, facilitating meetings interviews with Business Units and Development teams identifying the business flows and process flows, conducting detailed and comprehensive business, functional analysis to determine High Level and Low Level artifacts deliverables.
- Designed and developed numerous documentations based on Capability Maturity Model Integration CMMI model Six Sigma standard. Also applied CMMI standards to help set process-improvement objectives and priorities, improve processes, and provide guidance for ensuring stable, capable, mature processes and to serve as a guide for improvement of organizational processes.
- Created numerous Business Requirement documents and converted those into use cases, functional system requirement specifications so that developers can understand the business process and rules according to their perspective.
- Created different Standard Operating Procedures SOPs , policies and workflows.
- Analyzed and developed business and functional requirements for the Financial Client Reporting website and including Med D Banking Payment Option for the members Clients in the Medco Home Page. Worked with pharmacies, providers and clearing houses to determine monthly reconciliation.
- Employed UML methodology to carry out the business process modeling to develop the business architecture, data flow models, and different solution options in creating Use Case diagrams and business/process flow diagrams, to assist development team to understand the requirements.
- Designed the Requirements Traceability Matrix RTM to trace the relationship between business and functional requirements to test cases and achievement metrics on an ongoing basis for keeping the project team informed on the progress report of the project.
- Developed Test Plans and Test Execution Procedure Document based on the Business Functional Requirement Document and numerous Test Cases and Test Scenarios to cover overall aspect of quality assurance.
- Assisted End User in performing User Acceptance testing and performed testing of the end result files created by the development team to verifying whether all the User Requirements were catered to by the development effort.
- Created numerous Test Cases, Test Conditions and Test Scenarios for Premium Billing, Accounts Receivable, Insurance Accounting sub-teams to be used as testing base for assists Testing QA team to performs End to End with the transitioning vendor and ultimately to Facets application.
- Performed and produced change control documents as described by CMMI standard by keeping track of changes on an ongoing basis whenever there were any changes to the requirements.
- Provided production operation support by analyzing Billing, Accounting, AR, Enrollment Eligibility, and Access database, excel, POS research, to resolve issues.
- Have worked on Eligibility files of Medicare Part D in association with Pharmacies. Hands on Claim resolution experience and knowledge of Third Party Liability.