- Business Analyst with over 7 years of experience in full Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) implementations using Waterfall, Rapid Application Development (RAD) and Agile development methodologies (including SCRUM)
- Skilled in creating As - Is and To-Be business process maps and conducting Gap Analysis.
- Experience in implementing COTS application.
- Well versed in analysis techniques and approaches to preparing Business Requirement Specification (BRS), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS), Systems Requirement Specification (SRS) and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Experience in creating User Stories for Agile SCRUM based development methodology.
- Experience in gathering requirement through Interviews, JAD workshops, document analysis, Brainstorming including use of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) techniques such as Five Whys, Ishikawa diagrams, Pareto analysis.
- Knowledge of stakeholder analysis and creating Stakeholder Register & Matrix and assist in developing required Communication Approaches.
- Knowledge of Compliance Determination (CD), Validation Plan (VP), Training records monitoring for CFR part 11 validated systems and its impact on project documentation, review & approval cycles, archiving and maintaining Document Index (DI).
- Experience in applying SCRUM techniques even for projects following a conservative validated document approach.
- Knowledge of document management system and setting up document repositories.
- Experience in reviewing System & UAT test plans, coordinate establishment/regression testing, constructing UAT test cases as well ensuring traceability from BRs to UAT Test Cases.
- Exposure to preparing Training plans as well as assist in coordinating User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Worked with PMs to assist in preparing Support Transition Plan, support knowledge transition and creating Systems Release Notifications (SRN)
- Expertise in UML (class diagrams, object diagrams, GAP Analysis, use case diagrams, state diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams) as a business analysis methodology for application functionality designs using MS Visio.
- Familiar with design and development phase documents such as Design & Unit specifications, Design Review Report (DRR), Unit specifications, Code Review Report (CRR), Technical Installation Plans (TIP), Technical Installation Reports (TIR), and Unit test documentation.
- Proficient in building good relationships and gain trust with business customers and development team. Ability to effectively translate between business and technical language.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills from various extracurricular and work activities
PACKAGES: L MS OFFICE (Word, Excel, Power point), Ms Project,MS Access, Ms.Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat
SAS TOOLS: SAS 9, SAS/BASE, SAS/ETL, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/MACROS, SAS/SQL
SAS BI Tools: SAS Data Integration Studio, SAS EBI
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES: C, C++, COBOL, VC++, JAVA, ORACLE, SQL programming, VB 6,.NET
RDBMS: ORACLE 8I, MS ACCESS, SQL Server
WEB TOOLS: MS FRONT PAGE, DREAM WEAVER 3, HTML, SOAP UI.
OPERATING SYSTEM: WINDOWS 2000, WINDOWS NT, XP
- Worked with cross-functional and international teams for the implementation of bespoke in-house University Management system as well as SAS Business Intelligence tools for the marketing department.
- Assisted the Project Manger to create a formal Project Charter and structure project documentation and process using Agile SCRUM principles.
- Assisted Project Manager in Cost Benefit analysis and deriving ROI.
- Through face to face interviews, emails and teleconferences with various department heads, created Stakeholder Matrix and identified key stakeholders to understand their influence and interest on the project and derived the appropriate Communications Approach.
- Through Brain Storming Sessions and UML approaches, analyzed current process to create As-Is process flow diagram/map, conducted Gap analysis and derived To-Be process map to set the stage for gathering User Stories.
- Conducted JAD sessions with the marketing team and utilized Root Cause Analysis and 5 why technique to identify inefficiencies and proposed a revised and effective marketing process.
- Gathered UI requirements for Students Web Portal by conducting brainstorming session with students and faculty.
- Derived User Stories analyzed and mapped it to Business Requirements Document (BRD) in compliance with IAUs QMS. .
- Worked with the IT Project Manager, SME and Tech Lead to derive system stories (depicting functional and non functional requirements) from user stories to create System Requirements Document (SRD).
- Created and maintained Traceability Matrix(TM) across all Iterations and Agile releases to ensure approved business requirements are being met by the system.
- Created User Interface(UI) mockups/ wireframes at the time of elicitation using MS Visio and other online tools.
- Helped Project manager to create Bi-weekly project progress presentations to executive and key stakeholders by taking notes during Release planning, Iteration planning, Retrospectives and Daily Stand Up meetings as well as deriving User Story status information from Product Backlogs.
- Created Information maps to create stored procedures, which are used by the stake holder on a consistent basis.
- Documentation on the warehouse content (i.e., metadata)
- Coordinated Agile business reviews as well as assisted in creating Agile system test approaches for each iteration of a release prior to formal testing phases.
- Created formal UAT test plans, assisted with creating System and Integration Test Plans.
- Coordinated formal UAT testing, maintained traceability in System and UAT test cases as well as approved test reports.
- Created user documentation as well as compiling system usage FAQs
- Worked to support knowledge transition, created training materials and helped in training the end user.
- Assisted the Project Manager to create people resilience and Critical Success Factors (CSF) tracking KPI.
Environment: .NET .ORACLE, SAS EBI /DI, MS Visio, MS Office Suite, UML, Windows XP, Windows NT,MS Project
- Created the Stakeholder Register and derived Communications Approach.
- Liaised with QA, Business system owner and project manager to determine applicability of regulatory requirements in project development and derive Compliance Determination (CD) document.
- Developed project document structure and review/approval process in compliance with GxP requirements and at the same time making use of efficiencies from Agile project development methodology.
- Assisted the Project Manager in constructing Validation Plan, Validation Report, System Release Notification (SRN)
- Created and maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) is to help ensure that the project’s scope, requirements, and deliverables are “traced” for each requirement from the project’s initiation to deployment.
- Gathered user stories from the business users to Create Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Created system stories from Business requirement s document; in parallel created System Requirements documents (SRD) in consultation with development team in accordance with the organizational SOP.
- Created and maintained the Document Index file to keep track of review and approval status of validated document throughout the project Life cycle.
- Authored System & UAT Test Plans , approved test reports and ensured traceability of test cases to business requirements.
- Coordinated UAT and helped close out on defects using JIRA as well as transition incidents to support using Remedy
- Participated and assisted the Business manager in training efforts (material creation, train-the-trainer, training delivery, end user training)
- Provided support during regulatory audit to retrieve documents from archive
Environment: .NET, ORACLE, Agile, MS Visio, Documentum, JIRA, Remedy, UML, MS Office.
- Conducted JAD sessions to determine business and technical requirements of the client and then liaise with internal development team to configure COTS product that fulfill these requirements..
- Analyzed current process to create As-Is process flow diagram/map, conducted Gap analysis and derived To-Be process for COTS implementation.
- Conducted functional Risk Assessment referring to GxP risk assessment, SRS and product documentation in order to identify risk areas and thus optimize for effective and efficient testing approaches.
- Developed a documentation framework to merge off the shelf product SRS and client QMS needs resulting in a unified homogenous approach to project documentation.
- Performed training on process and procedures of regulatory COTS application.
- Created deployment process/checklist.
- Assisted clients with their UAT , coordinated support to ensure testing was successful
- Responsible for Validation Plans, Test cases , training, test case execution and review
- Created a Traceability Matrix and track document status from draft to final
- Presented Software Validation Package during client audits
- Participated reporting tools analysis and planning of study data presentation to be used in clinical study reports .
- Review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other quality assurance and methodology documents to ensure the company was following defined Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and was prepared for client audits.
- Participated in defining, testing and implementing changes to publishing and electronic document management processes and technical quality control standards.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Project, MS Office Suite
- Gathered business and technical requirements from both formal and informal sessions through interviews, NetMeeting, questionnaire, video conferencing, JAD sessions and conference calls.
- Worked as a liaison between technology and the business clients to improve business processes and support critical business strategies
- Resolved technical issues, conducted meetings with clients, bridge the gap between project management team and customers on technical issues and project delivery time
- Interacted with Business Users and Stakeholders to identify business system needs, evaluated solutions for business problems
- Created diagrams, wireframes, web and desktop UI mockups
- Worked with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) of different groups to gain detailed knowledge of the different systems and also to understand the cross impacts of the system by conducting meetings
- Ensure constant communication with the regular customers to gather information about their preferences, needs, expectations’, product satisfactions, brand loyalty, etc
- Coordinate with the marketing manager to conduct promotional activities and ensure details about the product features, advantages and utilities reaches the target audiences
- Take remedial actions against the complaints lodged by consumers and offer them monetary compensation, product repairs or replacement as per the requirements
- Determine the customer relationship management process and allocate the necessary resources for smooth functioning of the procedures
- Analyzed Business Requirements Documents (BRD) to get a better understanding of the system on both Technical and Business perspectives
- Acquired data on vendor feeds and maintained the minutes of the meeting
- Analyzed the data entity relationships and worked on multiple short term projects in between.
- Conducted Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate with each other, resolve problems at early stage
- Provide overall assistance to the Project Managers: coordinate meetings, record minutes, agendas, and objectives
Environment: SAS/Base/SAS/Connect, SAS EBI, SAS DI, Teradata, Oracle, XML, HTML, UNIX, Windows, RUP, MS Visio, UML, MS Office