- Technical GIS Specialist / proficient in use of ESRI’s ArcGIS suite including ArcGIS Online, Story Maps, 3D Analyst, Spatial Analyst, Model Builder, 3rd party extensions
- Professional Experience in GPS Field Data Collection and Survey Design, Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing, Aerial Image acquisition and processing; UAV/UAS experience included.
- Proven professional experience in Geographic Information Systems (Emergency Response, Sustainable Development, Environmental Geomatics, Natural Resource Management, O&G)~ 9 years
- Proven experience in Incident Response Management as GIS Analyst and Unit Lead.
- Extensive knowledge of Geodatabase design, Advanced Editing, Database Management, Metadata Standards, Spatial Data Integration within multiple software applications, GIS application integration, Google Earth Platform, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Monitoring and Evaluation experience; monitoring plan development, survey design, field data collection, data management, validation, analysis and results reporting
- GIS/Data liaison for US governmental organizations
- Familiar with multiple RDBMS Platforms (Access, SQL, Oracle, ArcSDE)
- Comfortable in multiple roles: coordinator, team - player, and individual contributor working independently and self-managing.
- Comfortable working abroad in rugged surroundings
- Fast Learner, Motivated, Willingness to learn and travel, Forward Thinker
Native English speaker, Conversational Spanish level (currently enrolled in Spanish course to increase proficiency)
WORK EXPERIENCE / EMPLOYMENT:
Confidential, Durango, CO
GIS Analyst/Unit Lead
- Data Management, automating mapping workflows using Model Builder, high output map production, coordinating with the EPA’s Environmental, Sampling, Operations, and PIO units. Position requires working long hours in high pressure environment, maintaining effective communication and technical skills, Ad-hoc GIS map and data solutions, and managing GIS staff.
- collect, create, and maintain all spatial data in multiple database formats; conduct GPS field data collection surveys using mapping grade Trimble GPS; QAQC and post processing of data; spatial data analysis using ArcGIS, create high quality cartographic map outputs for print and Confidential ’s online web mapping site; train student volunteers on GPS data collection methods; assist in overall project development, M&E, field survey design, and budget/cost management for donor funded projects.
- Interpretation of air photos and satellite imagery using ArcGIS and Google Earth Platforms to identify future GCP locations
- Support company GIS Field Services Team in collecting and mapping data for Utility Mapping, Construction, and Agriculture mapping clients .
Confidential, Denver, CO
Energy Exploration and Production Specialists / GIS Specialist
- Provide ArcGIS and Geoscience technical support to Exploration, Land, Engineering, Geology, and Management.
- Duties include geodatabase design/management, creation of high quality cartographic map outputs for display and presentation, spatial analysis, seismic log creation/interp.
- Proficient in use of 3 rd Party Geospatial tools/software.
Confidential, Steamboat, CO
ArcGIS IT/ GIS Specialist
- Administered on-the-fly ArcGIS software and data integration providing spatial applications matched to client requirement, provided GIS technical support, database management (including SDE), updating and migrating client data including data validation/QA/QC, and providing on-call “help” (informal helpdesk) supporting client queries and requests. Create mobile and on-line GIS applications.
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Provide ArcGIS support to a range clients and projects in O&G and Natural Resource Management.
- Project examples include: develop mapping processes and data stewardship for local O&G companies on a contract basis, provide on-site GIS coaching for Confidential and Confidential to aid in the streamlining of their deliverables, developing a process, methodology, and data handling procedures for an ArcGIS reservoir/play analysis (integrating client and vendor data); developing a streamlined GIS/geospatial data handling process for emergency and incident management (integrating vendor data sets, client data, authoritative and citizen sensor data; requires an understanding of input devices and workflows, PDAs, Smartphones, digital pens, desktop, and enterprise systems); designing and developing new O&G training modules using domain specific data for classroom and web-based instruction.
Confidential, Marshall, MI/Denver, CO
- Provided all GIS and data support for Geomorphology mapping, SCAT/SORT mapping, Submerged Oil Assessment mapping, as well as Analytical Data Representation.
- Tasks included GIS data loading, geodatabase creation, database management, validation, analysis, planning, and modeling to identify and track oil dispersion, potential risk/impacts, and other conditions.
- Assisted in the development and creation of multiple presentation materials for the Incident Command, as well as aided in the creation of data and maps for the Scientific Support Group on an “as-needed” basis.
- Held a coordinating role working a range of engineering and consulting firms.
- Position required long hours in high stress environment with immediate deadlines and ad-hoc solutions.
Confidential, New Orleans, LA
- Provided a variety of ArcGIS mapping services and support including map production for reconnaissance, recovery, and emergency response field personnel, creating and editing geodatabases, creating metadata, utilizing multiple spatial analysis techniques, and creating kmz deliverables, and developing presentation materials / presenting results.
- Assignment included long hours, high pressure, fast change-order processes, and critical quality assurance and data validation responding to strict and relentless time pressures.
- In parallel: assigned Unit Lead in the Confidential -led Hurricane Katrina/Rita Response Task Force.
- Served as a GIS/Data liaison for a multitude of US governmental organizations