- Senior Business Analyst with 10 years’ experience in Financial Services, Insurance, Pharma, Mortgage & telecommunications.
- Extensive Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and thorough Knowledge of implementing Rational Unified Process (RUP) in all the phases of the project.
- Proficient in developing E.R Diagrams, Use Case Diagram, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Swim Lane Diagrams based on UML Methodology using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Excellent writing skills in Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specifications Document (FSD), Use Case Specifications, Systems Design Specification (SDS), Software Requirements Specification (SRS). Skilled in eliciting user demands and translating them into data, functional, quality, and usability requirements.
- Experience in Object Oriented Analysis of business requirements, Program Management Office (PMO), application system design and Business Process management (BPM).
- Adept in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Cost benefit analysis.
- Experience working with QA team to develop the test plan, test cases, ensured adequate testing of software both before and after completion, Involved in creating test cases in Mercury Test director and HP Quality center.
- Conducted Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions to gather requirements to formulate business specifications, design and configuration specification documents for creating Business Processes and Work Flow Diagrams using the best practices methodologies and tracing the requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Proficient in planning Migration and Implementation tasks.
- Analyzed and developed large quantities of data in SQL to manipulate modify and debug various tables for reporting services.
- Worked closely with various internal teams to define the scope, provide estimates, set project timelines and initiated relevant change requests (CR) through Clear Case and Clear Quest, during the Project Life Cycle.
- Possess excellent communication, presentation, innovative, analytical, and interpersonal and Project Management skills with the ability to keep executive staff and team members apprised of goals and project status and learn new system tools to adapt across various domains and diversified work culture.
- Solid understanding of SDLC and RUP methodology with experience writing business requirements using Rational Unified Process (RUP) artifacts (e.g., use cases, business rules, supplementary specifications, UI specs, etc.).
Business Modeling: UML Modeling using Rational Rose, StarUML, MS Visio, Rational Software Modeler.
Requirement Management: Rational RequisitePro, Telelogic DOORS.
Repository Management: Rational ClearCase
Change Management: Rational Clearquest
Methodologies: AGILE, SCRUM, Waterfall, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Unified Modeling Language (UML), Rational Unified Process (RUP).
Languages: JAVA, JSP, ASP.NET, HTML, DHTML, XML, PL/SQL, SQL, COBOL
Application: Quick Test Professional, Test Director, Quality Center, Microsoft Project, MS Visio, MS Outlook, Enterprise Architect, Share point.
Database: MS Access, Oracle 8i, Administered Oracle 10g, Oracle 11G
Operating Systems: Windows 2003 Server, Windows NT 4.0 Server, Windows NT 4.0 Workstation, UNIX 5.0.4, Linux, Novell NetWare 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 3.12, Windows for Workgroup & Lotus Notes Clients
Business Process Analyst
- Responsible for supporting Business Stakeholder efforts to define entitlement from business rules and processes for new roles that leverage existing applications.
- Responsible for defining the relationships between individuals in the firm to be used to drive entitlements in systems. Worked with employees (at all levels in the firm) to determine rules for entitlements and understand rules defined by the multiple areas of the firm and suggest ways to simplify rules for easier maintenance.
- Designed a Traceability Matrix covering all the conceptual parameters of the new system. Created a maintenance plan that included graphical interface and programmatic interface to update the roles and to identify the people or processes entitled to make the changes.
- Conducted JAD Sessions to understand detect changes of a person's attributes and define whether the change mandates the person's role changes, a notification be sent or another action.
- Conducted Walkthroughs with end users, developers, managers and other analysts. Identify firm structure roles, succession events, workflows and associated requirements. Gathering of business requirements and converting them into functional requirement specifications and user requirement specifications.
- Developed application to track Risk Exposure. Leverage Risk experience and business judgment to plan initiatives and accomplish enterprise - wide goals.
- Responsible for leading business requirements definition to successful completion, including the discovery, analysis and documentation of business requirements, process flows, use cases, test and training plans.
- Facilitated change management working sessions; partnered with senior leaders to identify impacts to their functions and to assess organizational change readiness Ensured that the CLIENT Risk Management policies and procedures are adhered to by all applicable functional groups/areas. Participated in all the phases of testing, Functional, Integration, System, Validation and Regression testing and assisted in developing test scenarios, test cases and implemented test plan with the QA team.
- Utilized Mercury Quality Center to document issues found during the test automation process, suggested appropriate solutions and prioritized defects for resolution in coordination with the development team Participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) along with SMEs to get the approval of the new system being implemented. Coordinated installation, maintenance, and management of all the integration into the network. Assisted in development of training materials for new technology and process improvements.
- Writing Use cases based on scenarios.
Business Systems Analyst
- Part of team to elicit, organize, and document required functionality and constraints by engaging in iterative requirements gathering sessions with the various business users in the projects, including company employees, brokers, and analysts by conducting JAD sessions.
- As an independent contractor, planned, designed and implemented a project management and business analysis process framework based on the Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas especially with the Fiserv key stakeholders team, which provided the web-based underwriting solution. Worked with different business brokers and analysts by conducting interviews to collect requirements and business process information. Gathered Business requirements. Interacted with the End users, Designers and Developers, Project Manager to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Assisted project managers with the development of project schedules and manage scope using MS Project and Excel. Design a Business Responsible for creating UML modeling plans, Use cases, process flows, Wire Frames and business requirements documentation using Define IT, Visio, CaliberRM .
- Analyzed and modeled the system using Data flow Diagrams, Functional Diagram and Process Diagram. Proposed an object change management system to support object-oriented system design. Designed and Structured abstracts (summaries) about the evidence based guidelines and its development a business Faceted classification for classifying the business in multiple ways to design a service oriented architecture.
- Maintained and kept a track of the business Facets. Utilized SQL*Plus as the main interface. Maintained a comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents. Worked on HIPPA implementation of policies. Extensive knowledge of HIPPA EDI transactions for using in the data exchange.
- Consulted with management and designed and developed several SOA processes and data management tasks related to the project, whilst developing all phases of the application. Participated in all the phases of testing, documented the User Acceptance Test scripts and participated in Regression testing sessions, verified the Business Scenarios on new builds to allow extended testing by the QA team once the system was in testing environment.
- Frequently updated the requirement and defect status as per the current status of the testing project during the Triage Meetings. Responsible for maintaining and tracking all the defects using Rational Clear Quest.
- Coordinated installation, maintenance, and management of all the integration into the network. Assisted in development of training materials for new technology and process improvements.
- Worked with the business team to collect the business requirements, security and service level requirements and documented them using Caliber RM Co-authored business requirements document with project teams.
- Extracted, discussed and refined business requirements from business users and team members. Co-authored functional requirements documents by interacting with the development personnel.
- Assist with data conversion activities and all levels of testing (functional, system, regression, and integration) as necessary.
- Assisted the Project Manager in many project management activities like Project Planning, Budgeting, Scheduling and Costing. Used Microsoft Project extensively as a part of these activities.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, and analyzed the requirements using Visio Participated in the logical and physical design sessions and developed design documents. Designed new process flows for the existing system as well as for the enhanced system.
- Conducted and lead status report meetings with the business and the IT team on a weekly basis. Assisted project managers with the development of project schedules.
- Developed requirements and preliminary design for client applications. Performed analysis and design projects using a systems development methodology. Worked with all levels of client staff in solution definition.
- Conducted technical review sessions and facilitated other project meetings as required. Worked with project management to analyze change requests to determine what is being requested and programming required.
- Documented test cases during requirements gathering, analysis and design phases and loaded them into Test Director Manage Scope and change throughout the life cycle of the product.
- Responsible for addressing, diagnosing and resolving issues that arise on a day to day basis for the team.
Confidential, Mettawa, IL
- Interacted with project head, developers and end-users to formulate business requirements
- Create Business Requirement Document specifications using MS Visio and MS Word.
- Performed Requirements Analysis and Design using Rational Rose, analyzed and documented the system specifications, business requirements and detail design of the business using Requisite Pro for requirement tracking and analysis
- Created As-Is Model and did complete GAP analysis to identify parameters for incorporating the Credit Card data mart in the existing system.
- Created Activity diagrams, State chart diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Collaboration diagrams and web page mock ups using Microsoft Visio.
- Performed critical path analysis and analyzed ER diagrams.
- Identified opportunities and parameters for business process improvement.
- Coordinated project scheduling in association with the Software Development Manager Construction phase.
- Developed blueprint and tested the prototype. Designed base template, mockup of Graphical User Interface, and webpage lookup field mockup and report generation feature of the system.
- Wrote Use Case Specifications according to the business requirements.
- Identified and analyzed network resources, human resources and their comfort levels in properly handling and operating the developed system, training and documentation Transition phase.
- Vendor software compliance, database integrity and performance evaluation. Successful implementation of online transaction processing applications and its associated modules like database testing and validation.
- Framed guidelines for installation, configuration and other essential management practices for the developed software package across diverse platforms