- Over 20 years of experience working in a team environment as a business analyst, application developer, web developer and project leader .
- Strong technical background, with excellent communication, leadership, problem - solving and customer interface skills.
- 10 years of experience in collecting business requirements from the client and translating those requirements into system requirements for the development team.
- 5 years of experience managing teams, developing project plans and conducting meetings.
- 10 years of experience writing and executing testing scenarios from business requirements.
- 5 years of experience creating and maintaining a testing environment to manage the success of the business.
- 3-4 years of experience querying data via the Structured Query Language for reporting purposes.
- 3-4 years of experience in creating stored procedures from simple to more complex requests utilizing multiple sources.
- 7 years of experience leading meetings with project stakeholders, project leadership, and governance boards.
- 5 years of experience in creating project plans, requirements documents, governance documents, and scope documents.
- 5 years of experience with the Rational Tool Suite, with a comprehensive understanding of the Rational Unified Processes.
- Member of Internal Institute of Business Analysts since 2011.
Databases: Access, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
Platforms: Microsoft Transaction Server, Microsoft Internet Information Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, SharePoint 2010, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, .Net
Applications: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, Deltek Open Plan, Deltek WelcomHome, IBM Rational Software, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Functional Tester, Manual Tester, Microsoft Source Safe, Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio, InfoPath, InfoPath Designer, ATX (Oracle Forms to Net conversion tool), CoMindWorks, SQL Server Reporting Services
Business Analyst/ Test Lead
- Created test plans and test scripts for an agile development environment.
- Presented test environment methodology and published test scripts to a shared drive on the client network.
- Managed testers throughout the testing process.
- Managed ticket entry generated by testers and client, prioritized the tickets and issued those tickets to the development team.
- Retested and resolved issues and promoted to client for testing.
- Participated in statewide training of Lottery field agents at the request of the client.
- Created user-ids for all Lottery Staff and customers.
- Worked on the Help Desk assisting the Lottery Home Office in resolving system issues from Lottery employees in the field, and customer locations.
- Queried SQL databases to prepare system testing.
- Assisted report development team in creating reports.
- Wrote stored procedures to collect data from a SQL database for internal and external reports.
Business Analyst / Project Lead
- Led an inter-agency team of executives and subject matter experts through a gap analysis exercise. The exercise was to compare current agency grant applications for two state agencies measuring against an existing grant application in use at a third state agency.
- Gathered requirements from both agencies and created a unified requirements document.
- Reported weekly to Chief Information Officers for both agencies, and held monthly meeting for stakeholders to inform the group of teams progress and issues/concerns raised during the gap analysis.
- Prepared and maintained project schedule.
- Created scope document and received signoff from stakeholders
- Created Gap Analysis Documentation and received signoff from
Business Analyst / Project Lead
- Led a 3 person team responsible for converting an Oracle Forms application to .NET platform.
- Prepared and maintained project schedule using Microsoft Project.
- Communicated schedule progress weekly to client management and stakeholders.
- Researched and held meeting with third party vendors to discuss the automation tools for the conversion process.
- Created system documentation for existing system to assist in functionality of current system. No documentation was available upon the development team's arrival.
- Created system documentation for new system
- Created test cases to compare the Oracle Forms application with the ATX .NET application.
- Setup 4 environments for migration process in accordance to state protocols.
- Managed the testing of parallel processing of the application after the conversion.
- Converted 75 reports from Oracle reports to the SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Assisted in development of ASPX screens to emulate the current system screens.
- Evaluated alternatives for improving system performance.