- 8 years of IT experience in Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of Data Warehousing
- Business Intelligence experience with complete life cycle Implementations using Business Objects XI 4.0R3/XIR 2/ 6.5/6.1/6.0/5.1 (Supervisor, Designer, Info view, Business Objects Reporting Business Objects SDK, Xcelsius, Web - Intelligence 3.2/2.7/2.6/2.5 , Web-I SDK, Broadcast Agent, Publisher, BO Set Analyzer, Data Integrator, Application Foundation & Dashboard Manager)
- 7 years of Extensive experience in installation and configuration of Business Objects full client & thin client environment.
- Created complex reports by, using functionalities like Combined Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill Down, Master Detail, etc.
- Extensive experience in Business Objects Enterprise products namely Business Objects Designer, Business Objects Reporting, Business Objects Supervisor, Web Intelligence, Info View and scheduling the reports using Broadcast Agent Publisher (BCA), Crystal Xcelsius.
- Set up Broad Cast Agent and Configured the Broad Cast Agent.
- Experience in loading huge amount of data into data warehouse using ETL tools like DTS and SSIS.
- Experience in analyzing, designing and modeling data warehouses and star schema data marts for various business verticals like Retail sales, Health Care (Pharmacy), Financial and Insurance
- Good at Database Design, conceptual, logical and physical Data Modeling, Star Schema, Snowflake; FACT and Dimensions tables, slowly changing dimensions (SCDs).
- 7 years of solid database experience in Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/8.0/7.x, Teradata V2R5/V2R4, DB 2 8.0/7.0/6.0 , MS SQL Server 2000/05/08, (database triggers, materialized views, In-line views, Packages, stored procedures, functions, and database constraints), SQL Loader, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL and oracle DBMS Packages, oracle supplied utilities, Developer 2000 (Forms 6i/5.0, Reports 3.0/2.5), TOAD, Rapid SQL
Languages: C, C++, JAVA, XML, PERL, VB.NET
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT, XP, DOS and UNIX, Red Hat
Web and Scripting: SharePoint, Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, Lotus Designer, Fireworks, Web Services, Lotus Script, JSP, HTML, DHTML, Java Script,, Mercury TSL, UML
Tools: UML, MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, HTML, Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, Rational Requirement Concept, SharePoint 2010, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, SharePoint Portal Server 2003, SharePoint Designer 2007,Caliber
Methodologies: RUP, UML, Waterfall. Agile/Scrum
MS Office tools: MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Paint, word, Visio, MS Project.
Database: IBM DB2, Oracle 9i, SQL Server, MS Access, Domino
Test Tools: Mercury WinRunner, Mercury LoadRunner, Mercury TestDirector, Mercury Quality Centre,QTP
Project Management: Microsoft Project, Ace Project Pro, Agile Scrum PMO
Project Lead/ Business System Analyst
- Accountable for performance improvement of mappings, framework testing, Business Objects universe and report development
- Extensively applied Business Objects Designer to design and maintain Data warehouse Universe.
- Exporting universe to the repositories to make resources available to the users.
- Responsible for Universe Designing, Hierarchy Building for Data Analysis and applied conditions in Business Objects.
- Creation of reports like Reports by Product, Reports by Customer, Reports by Period, Demographic reports and Comparative reports, Working with database connections, SQL joins, cardinalities, loops, aliases, views, aggregate conditions, parsing of objects and hierarchies.
- Created reports using WEBI, Info View.
- Created complex reports using user-defined functions like @variables, @prompt, condition Objects and Aggregate Awareness Functions for SQL enhancement.
- Developed standard canned, adhoc reports & crystal reports
- Coordinating between on site and offshore teams and managing the development process from on site
- Discussing stakeholders needs, requirements and conducting interviews to asses the high level LOB needs
- Use case modeling, requirements gathering, prototypes preparation
- Project governance and oversight of various project consisting of Scrums and multiple Sprints
- Managing the Scrum planning, Sprint cycle, Scrum release and Story boarding / requirements processes
- Program / Project Management for the entire life cycle of the prioritized initiatives for the business
Environment: MS SharePoint, Oracle Db, Oracle Web Services, Java, XML, MS Visio
Scrum Master/ Senior Business Object Developer
- Lead and coordinated cross functional and cross domain teams in achieving project objectives and goals
- Involved in designing and developing business objects WEBI reports supporting business functions across domains including Health Analytics, Plan Sponsor Reporting, Financial Analytics and Reporting, Disease Management, Provider Performance Management Product Development and Actuarial Pricing, Underwriting and Reserving
- Created multiple universes and resolved Loops by creating table aliases and contexts.
- Worked with database connections, SQL joins, cardinalities, loops, aliases, materialized views, views, aggregate conditions, parsing of objects, LOVs, and hierarchies
- Frequently the universes for validity and correctness of inferred SQL
- Ensured teams understand scrum and are adhering to scrum theory, practices and rules
- Aligned with the Product Owner for effective backlog management including maximizing value
- Performed as Scrum Master including organized and facilitated Scrum ceremonies such as Release planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives.
- Lead Scrum teams consisting of business analysts, developers and testers
- Identified and remove impediments to the team’s progress
- Created Epics and User Stories using RTC tool
- Supported Deliverables to include Release Burn Down Charts, Sprint Burn Down Charts and Defect Log
- Partnered with other Scrum Masters and Application Development Managers to implement best practices through continual process improvement across the organization.
- Documented and created Business & Technical Requirement Documents, Use-Cases, User-Stories, and Call Flows, Wireframes, Scope Tracking and Requirements Traceability Matrix spreadsheets.
- Successfully resolved multiple SRs that generated in savings and efficiency in customer service benefits programs.
- Assisting business users in defining UAT test cases and plans; Established and maintained test cases and test data in Quality Center.
- Recommended corrective actions, if necessary, along with the progress against Development/Action Plan routinely to the Project Manager
Environment: User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, Rational Requirement Composer, Rational Team Concert, MS SharePoint, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, Business Objects XI 3.1,Windows 7 Enterprise, SQL, Web Services, IBM DB2, Oracle 9i
Business Intelligence Analyst/QA Analyst
- Performed data analysis and defined specifications for integration with quantitative models built across various asset classes including fixed income, securities and equity products.
- Responsible for project life cycle of a secure web based application gathering mutual fund data from various sources with daily reconciliation of the data against existing production databases.
- Involved in report requirement gathering.
- Actively involved in the creation and modification of user/user groups and maintained user profiles using Supervisor.
- Designed and maintained Universes and exported them to the repository.
- Created Classes and Objects (Measure, dimension and detail) in the universe.
- Used Designer Module to implement Universes, Joins between Tables, and created prompts and queries, parsing of Universes, and created Contexts and Alias Tables to remove cyclic dependencies.
- Developed Complex Reports (Used multiple data providers, Union, Intersection, minus and Master/Detail, cross tab, Charts).
- Created reports using standard company templates. A few of them were created based on the Department requirements.
- Extensive use of Business Objects functionalities in formatting reports.
- Created user Prompts, conditions and Filters to improve the report generation. Also used Alerts to improve the readability of the report.
- Creating the reports in Web Intelligence using WebI Java Report Panel.
- Designed Test Cases and Test Plans for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: MS Visio, MS Project 2002, MS Office, ClearQuest, Crystal Reports 8.0, Mercury TestDirector, Mercury WinRunner, Windows 2000
Lead Business Analyst
- Created parameterized and summary Crystal reports and tested them thoroughly.
- Customized existing reports for presentations using Cross-Tab reports. Developed sub-reports, Running Totals, Sorting, Alerting, used Crystal syntax to create formulas for the reports.
- Handled backend procedures and triggers, involved in creation of tables and materialized views.
- Designed, implemented and maintained enterprise-wide application via Visual Basic and SQL database.
- Enhanced server database with stored procedures, Indexing, Triggers and performance analysis functions.
- Designed, developed, tested and implemented Visual Basic applications for internal and external customers.
- Involved in the creation of Cross Tab Reports and Sub Reports using Crystal Reports.
- Developed various Charts and Graphs like Bar chart (Side By Side, Stacked), Line graphs, Pie -Charts etc. by using Chart expert of Reports.
- Exported reports into various formats like EXCEL, HTML and WORD for user.
- Created changes in the database according to new requirements.
Environment: Business Objects 6.5.1/ XI R2 / 3, Crystal Reports XIR2, Designer, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, CMS, Oracle 9i, SQL, PL/SQL, Windows XP Oracle Apps 11i, STARGATE, FCS/FIS
- Involved in requirement gathering, creation of use cases, usage scenarios and solution architecture.
- Installed and configured Business Objects XI R2 on windows.
- Migrated Business Objects 6.5 reports & crystal reports to BO XI R2.
- Involved in Analysis, Development, Testing, and Maintenance and Resolved problems during implementation.
- Involved in detail design and development of mappings using Business Objects Data Integrator.
- Implemented performance tuning concepts to the whole Business Objects Data Integrator 6.5 ETL process.
- Created various transformations like Joiner, Expression, Lookup, Aggregate, Filter, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator etc.
- Design and developed Data Integrator scripts for data transformation.
- Involved in writing Stored Procedures and calling them at Pre Load command in Data Integrator Designer.
- Involved in scheduling and running Batch jobs on time at Data Integrator Administrator.
- Used Business Objects Designer Tool to Build Universes.
- Created different Categories in the repository and published full client reports corporate documents to their respective categories.
- Created Static and Dynamic Parameter fields for the filtering of the data in Crystal Reports (2008).
- Created, managed and formatted standard reports, master/detail reports and cross tab reports using Report Manager in Crystal Reports.
- Used Microsoft Visio for Creating various diagrams and flowcharts like business process, workflow diagrams, database models.
- Designed Calendar, Metrics, analytics, Dashboard reports and Xcelsius (IMT, Speedometers, Pareto Charts, Alerter, traffic lights etc.,) and used Performance Manager.
Environment: Rational RequisitePro, Rational Rose, MS Project 2002, MS Office, ClearCase, Crystal Reports 8.0, Mercury TestDirector, Mercury WinRunner, Windows 2000
Business Intelligence Analyst
- Involved in gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements, functional requirements and data specifications for Business Objects Universes and Reports.
- Designed, developed and managed Universes in Business Objects Designer for generating reports against SAP BW.
- Created New Classes and User Objects in designing the universes.
- Generated various reports on Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly basis.
- Extensively used Calculations, Variables, Drill Down and Slice and Dice for creating Business Objects Reports.
- Worked with BI Consultants in Data Modeling, Data Extraction, Data Loading (Full/Delta Upload), Scheduling and Monitoring.
- Designed and developed basic data flow by crating Info cubes, ODS, Info Objects, Info area, Transfer rules and communication rules.
- Imported/ Exported the Universes from/ to repository to make them accessible to end-users.
- Defined Aliases and Contexts to resolve loops in the universes.
- Created User Conditions and Filters to improve report generation & readability of report and displayed the summary of data by creating Charts.
- Defined Hierarchies in Universe to provide the users with Drill down option in reports and Predefined Conditions to use in Business Objects.
- Extensively used Calculations, Variables, Break Points, Drill, and Slice and Dice for generating reports.
- Monitored and solved the issues encountered in Universes and reports while migration and tested before moving to production.
- Designed, developed and published the reports using Crystal Reports XI.
- Wrote Stored Procedures, Creating tables, Table indexes in SQL Server 2005 and Creating Views as per the requirements.
- Developed the effective Drilldown Reports, cross tab Reports, Parameterized Reports and Formula Reports using Crystal Reports XI.
- Working closely with End users.
- Involved in user Training.
- Developed the detailed Step by Step Documentation.
- Have Sound knowledge in installation and configuration of Business Objects Enterprise suite 6.5/6.1/6.0/5.1
Environment: Business Objects XI (Designer, Web Intelligence and Info View), Crystal Reports XI/10, Windows XP, SQL Server Analysis tools, SQL Server 2000/2005, DB2, SAP BW 3.5 and MS Access
- Designed, developed and managed Business Objects Universes and Reports in both Development and Production environments.
- Created and tested classes and objects to organize the universe.
- Use of Designer Module to create universes, linkages between tables, creating prompts, parsing the queries, applying contexts and alias tables to remove loops.
- Exported the universes to the Repository to making resources available to the users. Created reports for various Portfolios using the Universes as the main Data Providers.
- Writing Stored Procedures in SQL to be used in the reports
- Generated reports involved continuous interaction with the users/analysts to get the business knowledge of the company.
- Generated reports using multiple data providers, Free hand SQL, Pie charts, Alerts, Formulae.
- Tested reports before posting them to the repository (query optimization & performance).