Proficient In: PL/SQL, Microsoft Access, Excel, Word
Understanding Of: Oracle, Java, Microsoft Visual Basic
Health and Welfare Analyst
- Liaison with client legal department on subpoenas and client administration group on ERISA denial appeals.
- Liaison with medical, dental, life, COBRA vendors.
- Receive and handle client and internal escalations.
- Run reports for team management.
- Research retiree life insurance coverage and update data base; monitor dependent data base.
- Interface with disability and medical vendors on eligibility and premium payment issues; resolve enrollment discrepancies between vendor and internal database.
Technical Analyst/User Acceptance Testing Analyst
- Developed and executed test plans for testing health and welfare (HW) and defined benefit (DB) plan systems in multi - client and single client environments;
- Wrote specifications for interfaces, reports and extracts for client and internal technical team review;
- Identified and created test populations using PL/SQL (Oracle) and Microsoft tools;
- Developed .sql queries using PL/SQL (Oracle) for client and internal reporting as well as problem identification. sizing and analysis;
- Created expected results solutions for use in HW and DB plan testing using MS Excel;
- Administered user acceptance testing of web changes, data migrations, software changes, production verification of enrollment forms and confirmation statements.
- Developed DB administration system parameters for new plan implementations and performed unit testing;
- Maintained parameters for existing DB benefit administration systems and performed trouble-shooting and exception analysis;
- Developed benefit calculation verification solutions using MS Excel.
- Performed and verified estimate and final DB calculations; set up benefit payments; performed data base analysis; prepared actuarial census data.
- Managed response s on elevated problem cases and dealt directly with clients’ employees.
- Administered defined contribution (DC) plans for clients on a third party basis; Prepared plan financial statements, allocated investment experience, prepared directions to clients’ investment managers/advisors;
- Maintained participant accounts records and operated recordkeeping systems (Pentabs and Quantech);
- Prepared and filed annual reporting requirements, summary annual reports, summary plan descriptions and summaries of material modifications;
- Prepared submissions to the Internal Revenue Service.
Director, Retirement Administration
- Administered centralized, cash balance, DB pension plan for approximately 35,000 domestic employees; administered prior benefit structures and annuity contracts of previously terminated plans of subsidiaries;
- Supervised a staff of 14 administrators and technicians. Analyzed staffing needs and hired additional staff as needed.
- Supervised the administration of trustee and retirement plan financial functions to assure compliance with regulations and reporting requirements.