- Full operational familiarity with the following operating systems - - Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP ( 32 bit & 64 bit ), Windows Vista Business ( 32 bit & 64 bit ), Windows Vista Ultimate ( 32 bit & 64 bit ), Windows 7 Professional ( 32 bit & 64 bit ), Windows 7 Ultimate ( 32 bit & 64 bit ), Windows Server 2000, Windows Server 2003 & Windows Server 2008 - IBM OS2 v3 & WARP 4. -- Operational familiarity with Microsoft Windows 8 Professional, Ubuntu Desktop Linux & Fedora Desktop Linux.
- Full operational familiarity with the following Microsoft Office products -- Office 97, Office 2000, Office 2003, Office 2007 & Office 2010.
- Full operational familiarity with the following Microsoft products -- SMS 1.2, SMS 2.0., SMS 2003, SCCM 2007 R2 & R3 - Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
- Strong operational familiarity with the Windows Registry & Windows Management Instrumentation ( WMI using WBEM ).
- Intermediate experience with MS PowerShell, Python, Ruby & Perl scripting languages.
- Full operational familiarity with the following Imaging & OS Deployment mechanisms -- Symantec Ghost v5 & up - Microsoft Unattended Installation using sysprep - Citrix XEN Desktop - Vmware Workstation. Operational familiarity with SMS / SCCM OS Deployment, Citrix XEN App & Citrix Presentation Server, VMware VSphere.
- Experience with remote administration & support of workstations & laptops using various remote administration tools including Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), Microsoft NetMeeting, Microsoft SMS / SCCM Remote Control, Microsoft Communicator, Symantec pcAnywhere, RealVNC (unencrypted communications) & TightVNC (encrypted communications).
- Full operational familiarity with the following Ticket Reporting Applications -- Remedy, Lotus Notes & HEAT.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Sr. Advisory LAN Analyst
- Installed, configured & administered Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS) 1.2, 2.0 & 2003, Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007 R2 & R3 including associated clients to over 600 in - house computers, 150 offsite computers & over 100 remote user laptops. These were used for software deployments, patch management, inventory & licensing management.
- Created, configured, tested & deployment of software packages for use with SMS & SCCM or to be installed manually. These included custom installation packages created with Wise Install Studio, SMS Software Packager & the use of scripts ( VBScript, Powershell & compiled WinBatch ).
- Created, configured, tested & deployed computer system images for new users & computer replacements or repairs.
- Developed a post imaging process that was used during a roll-out of 3300 Windows Vista Business laptops to our field agents. Some of the key features of this process were generating a domain unique computer name, installing & configuring post imaging applications & encrypting a virtual machine directory.
- Managed Users Computer Operating System Migrations, including hardware & application testing & upgrades, user training. Migrations included Windows 95/98 to IBM OS2 Warp 4, IBM OS2 Warp 4 to Windows NT 4.0, Windows NT 4.0 to Windows XP & Windows XP to Windows 7.
- Created, configured, tested & deployed remote / virtual desktop solutions using Citrix XEN Workstation, Citrix XEN App, Citrix Presentation Server, VMWare Workstation & VMware VSphere.
- Developed, deployed & administered Desktop & Laptop hardening protocols using local security policies & Microsoft Active Directory Group Policy Objects (GPO).
- Tier II & Tier III support for user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Developed & documented procedures for hardware & software installations & / or configurations.
- Developed Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Plans for Desktops / workstations / laptops.
- Created, configured, tested, deployed & managed Unattended Workstations for use in running Business Critical Automated Processes.
- Modified and customized commercial & in-house programs for internal needs. Worked with in-house programmers on requirements & deployments for custom applications.
- Evaluated & developed installation, configuration procedures for new or upgraded application packages, both commercial & in-house.
- Installed and performed minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications including -- SSD, SSD Cache, Hybrid & Mechanical HD’s, Floppy Drives, CD / DVD/ Blu-Ray drives, memory, mother boards, power supplies, add-in cards ( Video, Sound, NIC etc ), laptop keyboards & screens.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Prepared evaluations of software or hardware, and recommended improvements or upgrades.
- Maintained records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users & managers, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Referred major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Developed training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Conferred with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Read trade magazines and technical manuals, or attend conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of hardware and software.
- Supervised and directed workers engaged in special project work, problem solving, monitoring, and installing data communication equipment and software.
Confidential, Phillipsburg, NJ
- Oversaw the daily operations of a 40 lane bowling center.
- Member of the corporate automatic scoring system & computer installations team.
- Developed & implemented the daily lane maintenance program.
- Provided backup support to the centers full time mechanic.
- Operated the centers Pro Shop.