- Qualified Sr. Business System analyst with 8 years of experience in finance and banking domain using several software development lifecycles methodologies from waterfall, waterfall - agile to agile methodologies like scrum and SAFe. Sound expertise in business analysis, elicitation methods and liaising between business and technical stakeholders within the organization. Professional with sound understanding of dealings with corporate banking, asset management and wealth management.
- Considerable exposure and understanding of compliances and regulations such as FINRA, Basel 1, 2, 3, Dodd Frank Act, Volcker rule, GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley Act, Know your customer (KYC), Know Your Customers Customer (KYCC), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Securities Exchange Act, Markowitz Portfolio Optimization.
- Experienced in working under different software development lifecycles methodologies like Waterfall, Waterfall-scrum hybrid and other agile methodologies with exposure to daily standup meetings and other scrum ceremonies.
- Performed detailed assessments and analysis of business processes within the project by GAP analysis, risk analysis, impact analysis, cost-benefit, root cause, SWOT, ROI analysis and feasibility studies like PESTLE analysis.
- Drafted several business artefacts like Business requirement document (BRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD), Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), Risk Register, RACI matrix, Data Flow models, change request document, project charter, work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Participated extensively in scrum ceremonies and assisted in backlog grooming, release planning, sprint planning, Daily standups, Sprint review, retrospective meetings, and SAFe ceremonies like PI planning and scrum of scrums meetings. Maintained scrum artefacts like sprint, product backlogs, burnup and burndown charts.
- Strong knowledge in writing user stories following the INVEST criteria. Formulated Acceptance Criteria, Definition of Done, Definition of Ready by communicating with stakeholders, product owners and scrum team.
- Played a part in prioritizing and estimation using techniques like MoSCoW, KANO, Planning Poker, Relative mass valuation, T-shirt sizing and value stream mapping. Performed horizontal and vertical slicing on epics to decompose them into user stories that help deliver critical functionalities through different phases of the project.
- Assisted the product owner in defining the Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Minimum Releasable Feature (MRF), Minimum Marketable Feature (MMF) and defining the Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Competent in creating static and dynamic Unified modelling diagrams (UML) like use case diagram, activity diagram, sequence diagram, class diagram and object diagram using MS visio and lucid charts. Prepared low fidelity and high-fidelity mockups and wireframes using Balsamiq to assist the UI/UX team
- Assisted in developing data warehouses, data marts, data lakes, operational data store (ODS) and facilitated ETL/ELTs using Informatica. Managed ETL testing, data profiling, transformation testing in databases.
- Identified sources and target databases in the data migration process. Wrote the transformation rules and logics for the migration and maintained the data mapping specification document and data mapping document, performed data cleansing on the selected source data. Created data dictionaries and data glossaries.
- Created Conceptual and logical Entity Relationship diagrams for the data modelling phase. Implemented dimensional data modelling with star and snowflake schema, facts, fact tables and dimensions.
- Profound knowledge in the implementation databases, data warehouse design, data warehouse schemas, data warehouse architecture and data table structures, including processing tools like OLAP (ROLAP, MOLAP, HOLAP) and OLTP with their operations like roll up, slice, dice, pivot and roll down.
- Hands on experience writing SQL queries for different types of Data Definition Language (DDL), Data Manipulation Language (DML), Data Control Language (DCL) to perform data analysis, verification of transformations.
- Experienced in performing application programing interface (API) testing using test scripts with the help of Postman and SoapUI to test the requests and responses of APIs.
- Solid knowledge on Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and Representational State Transfer (REST) and its documentation using Swagger and performing CRUD operations with Swagger.
- Proficient in writing test cases and test scripts for black box, manual, unit, performance, load, stress, integration, functional, non-functional, user acceptance, smoke and sanity testing, with knowledge on the STLC by creating test plan, test scenario, test reports and requirements traceability matrix (RTM).
- Expertise with BI tools like Power BI, Tableau and IBM Cognos to visualize business statistics, create analytical dashboards, heat maps and other forms of reporting.
- Extensive working knowledge continuous integration and continuous deployment with Jenkins and understanding of development techniques like TDD (test driven development), BDD (behavior driven development), ATDD (acceptance test driven development).
SKILLS AND TOOLS:
Banking and Finance Domain: BASEL III, CCAR, Dodd Frank Act, Trade Reconciliation, Asset Management, Mortgage Solutions, Wealth Management, Retirement Management Plan (401(k), 403(b)), Securities (Stocks, Bonds, Commodities, T-Notes), Derivatives (Futures, Options), FX Trade
SDLC Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, Water-Scrum Fall, SAFe, Kanban
Business Skills: Project Management, Requirements Elicitation, Stakeholder Management, Strategic Planning, Business Process Mapping, Conflict Management, Scheduling, Risk Management, Impact Analysis, Liaising
Business Modeling tools: MS Visio, Axure RP, Balsamiq Mockups, Lucid Chart, Wireframes.cc
Project Management Tools: Salesforce.com, JIRA, HP ALM/QC, MS Project, MS SharePoint, Confluence, SilkCentral TM, JMeter, Load Runner, Postman, Swagger
BI and Reporting Tools: Tableau, MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Power BI
Architecture/Framework: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Microservices, N-Tier Architecture
IDE and Repositories: Eclipse, MS Visual Studio, Aqua Data Studio, GitHub, SVN
Databases and ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter, MS Access, Hadoop, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, My SQL, NoSQL
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Organized JAD sessions, and interviewed SME’s and portfolio managers along with the product owner to elicit several functional and non-functional requirements and document the outcomes.
- Assisted product owner in prioritizing using MoSCoW approach and Kano method . Helped in performing analysis such as root cause analysis, SWOT analysis, cost-benefit analysis and feasibility study.
- Created and maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to assist the developers and testers during different sprint executions, so that the defects and bugs associated with every PSPI can be tracked.
- Conducted story writing sessions to create user stories after understanding the scope from the Business Requirement Document (BRD) and wrote the acceptance criteria for the potentially shippable product increment (PSPI).
- Implemented Big data tools like Spark in the server with the help of Amazon Web service tools like Amazon EMR.
- Assisted in implementing ingestion engines like Kafka that could catch real time values and implemented them in final processing with the help of data warehouse tools like Amazon Redshift.
- Facilitated efforts which led to the identification of the MVP/MRF and aided in developing a roadmap for the different features. Assisted the product owners and SME’s of teams to get SWAG estimates to enable release planning.
- Inspected the source data and performed data profiling using SQL to maintain the consistency of data. Performed various CRUD operations using SQL operations like joins, queries, and sub-queries to take data from sources.
- Successfully carried out ETL operations with the help of ETL tools like Amazon Glue and built metadata repositories within the system using AWS data catalog.
- Assisted the ETL team in writing OLAP queries for processing multidimensional data and applied several transformations to the data prior to movement.
- Ensured the referential integrity among the data that was being stored in the back end by using SQL queries and SQL functions such as triggers, sub-queries, views and stored procedures
- Developed test cases, test scenarios, test scripts to perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) such as alpha and beta testing along with other tests such as smoke testing, sanity testing, regression testing, unit testing, system testing, and performance testing. Assisted in creation of testing artefacts whenever required.
- Actively created Graphical user Interface (GUI) prototypes like mockups and wireframes to show the working of the user interface. Built evolutionary and throwaway prototypes to show the working of the product to the end user.
- Involved in test execution and automated testing, kept a track of bugs/defects in JIRA and worked with the testing team to resolve all issues.
- Documented and tested the API using postman and swagger tool to ensure that the data returned is in JSON or XML format as mentioned in the API documentation.
- Implemented visualization tools like Tableau and Amazon QuickSight within the server to build adhoc and dashboard reports.
Environment: Agile (Scrum), JIRA, Confluence, Balsamiq, MS Visio, AngularJS, Selenium, SilkCentral TM, Hadoop Hive, NoSQL, HDFS, Kafka, Sqoop, Postman, Swagger, Retrium, RESTful, Aqua Data Studio, SVN.
Confidential, Smithfield, RI
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Used tools like Atlassian JIRA and Confluence for capturing requirements, tracking defects and collaborating with team members for document sharing and emails.
- Conducted interviews, requirement workshops, questionnaires, and JAD sessions to gather requirements for OLAP, and identify data marts, data lakes.
- Created UML diagrams such as sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, class diagram and assisted data architects in building the bus architecture, and schema such as galaxy schema.
- Experienced in the ceremonies of scrum and assisted the PO in prioritizing the product backlog and sprint planning meeting.
- Performed analysis such as Gap analysis, Root cause analysis, risk analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost-benefit analysis, and feasibility study.
- Maintained and assisted in creation of business and scrum artefacts like Business Requirement Document, Product backlog, sprint backlog, Burnup and burndown charts.
- Used SQL queries of data definition language (DDL), data manipulation language (DML), data query language (DQL) to perform CRUD operations on the data. Used SQL to perform operations like Natural joins, left joins, Outer joins, select, sub-queries.
- Assisted in performing Data Normalization process to eliminate data redundancy and faster query processing.
- Assisted developers in building Machine learning models which could train their own data to perform at any level of abstraction.
- Participated in developing data sets and data models for training in the several machine learning models to build stock recommendation features.
- Involved in helping development teams build Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithm for fraud detection.
- Assisted the QA team to perform functionality testing, reliability testing and utility testing on the API web-services using tools like postman and swagger.
- Participated and worked with the QA team in writing test cases and test scripts for sanity testing, smoke testing, and integration testing to ensure all the features are tested exhaustively. Maintained an RTM to track all the test cases and issues.
- Documented the request and response for RESTful API using swagger UI and swagger editor.
- Used reporting tools like Tableau to create reports like summary reports, matrix reports, pie charts, dashboards so that trend analysis studies and business insights can be visually represented. Ensured that the data stored follows all the regulation laid down by governing bodies like SEC, FINRA.
- Involved in creating the Project Closure and Decommission report while discarding legacy systems.
Environment: Agile (Scrum), Salesforce.com, Informatica PowerCenter, MS Access, Tableau, SQL, Oracle, HP ALM, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, LucidChart, GitHub
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Business Systems Analyst
- After being on boarded conducted analysis such as GAP analysis to understand the difference in system performance and performed As-is and To-be analysis to estimate the effort needed.
- Outlined project deliverables in the forms of Business Requirements Document (BRD), Software Requirement Specification (SRS), and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM). Effectively took care of requirements churn.
- Analyzed the BRD to create epics and user stories with the product owner. Also assisted in defining the acceptance criteria and the definition of done for the Potentially Shippable Product Increment (PSPI).
- Conducted impact analysis, risk analysis, cost-benefit analysis and feasibility studies like SWOT and PESTLE analysis to analyze and prepare for any potential business and technical risks.
- Performed velocity or capacity planning as required. Tracked progress by creating sprint burnup charts and product burnup charts. Conducted time-boxed daily standups in the absence of scrum master.
- Utilized SQL operations such as procedures, select, triggers, natural join and unions to perform CRUD operations on the data.
- Used web services and API’s to communicate with the banks directly and have their statements, balance and transactions can be imported by the bank.
- Accustomed to building UML diagrams like use case diagrams, class diagrams, activity diagrams to visualize the flow of the business.
- Effective knowledge in using Business intelligence and reporting tools like Tableau to build analytical data models for business owners, so that they can identify business opportunities.
- Participated and assisted the QA team by building test strategies and test plans for testing processes like load testing, smoke testing, sanity testing, user acceptance testing and regression testing.
Environment: Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint), MS Visual Studio, Axure RP, Tableau, JIRA, GitHub, MS SQL Server, HP ALM, Confluence, Java, MS Visio, SOAP, XML, JMeter.
Business Systems Analyst
- Assisted Project Managers in capturing the scope, milestones, objectives, roadmap and vision of the project.
- Conducted JAD sessions and other elicitation techniques like Brainstorming, questionnaires with stakeholders and Technical SME’s to obtain functional and non-functional requirements.
- Built low fidelity and high fidelity prototypes like mockups and wireframes to analyze the user interface and present to the primary stakeholders.
- Used SQL queries and utilized Data Definition Language, Data Manipulation Language and Data Query Language to check for data validation.
- Collaborated with the internal senior management (Technical SME’s, Architect, Business SMEs and Business heads) to clarify and draft important business artefacts like Business Requirement Document, Proof Of Concept etc.
- Designed and facilitated test scenarios, test cases and test scripts for functional and non-functional testing and logged the defects obtained using JIRA tool. Tracked the defect lifecycle to track the test coverage and minimize average bug age.
- Utilized Postman to perform API testing to validate the request and response for JSON based RESTful methods like GET/POST to capture the response error codes and data received in the body.
- Ensured the product and process followed for the product are complaint with the regulations laid down by governing bodies like Basel, FINRA, and Payment card Industry security standard (PCI DSS).
- Used tools like Balsamiq and MS Visio to visualize the process flow using UML diagrams like sequence diagram, activity diagram, class diagram and Business Process Modelling and Notation (BPMN).
- Facilitated UAT sessions like alpha and beta testing ensuring the product quality with a thorough understanding of testing concepts pertaining to both manual and automation using tools like HP ALM/QC and Coded UI. Assisted in determining the entry and exit criteria for the testing methods.
Environment: Agile (Scrum), Rally, Java, MS Visio, SQL, MS Office, MS Visual Studio, HTML, XML, IBM Cognos, CSS, MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Access), HP ALM, Coded UI, SharePoint, Jenkins
Associate Business Analyst
- Assisted project manager in preparing project management plan and project charter while creating the work breakdown structure.
- Apprehended transformation logics for individual data sources to design a data repository capable of capturing insights of user behaviors and interactions for investment assets such as Index, Equities, Options, Commodities and Bonds.
- Assisted DB architects in preparing the data modeling process by creating conceptual and logical diagram, identifying the entity relationships and designing database schema to help understand the data warehouse architecture.
- Managed requirement churns strategically through assessing the impact analysis, business value and risks while prioritizing and ensuring minimal effect in the current ongoing sprint.
- Worked with system architects to perform dimensional modelling and identify facts and dimensions.
- Assisted QA team in performing several tests like regression testing and performance testing by writing test cases and test scripts.
- Prepared decommissioning and closure reports for discarding legacy system efficiently post completion of migration.
- Acted as a liaison between the technical and business stakeholders while acting as a single point of contact for requirements clarification.
Environment: Waterfall model, Informatica PowerCenter, SQL, Oracle, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Prezi Business Presentation.
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Extensively worked in the Software Test Life Cycle phases from requirement analysis to test cycle closure ensuring that products are built with quality meeting user requirements.
- Wrote test cases, test scripts and test scenarios in a manner meeting user requirement for both the manual and automated testing.
- Assisted testers and senior business analysts by helping define entry and exit criteria for the different STLC phases.
- Developed, documented and executed automation test scripts, test data, test results and defects using Java embedded Selenium Web Driver maintaining Defect Life Cycle and assisted in creating Issue logs using JIRA. Performed smoke, and sanity testing.
- Assessed if product built follow the regulations and rules put forth by governing bodies like FINRA and Basel I, II, III.
- Created test results dashboard using Tableau through maintaining a live connection with spreadsheet files generated as output pertaining to different test suites executed providing test coverage report for senior management.
Environment: Waterfall model, Tableau, SQL, Oracle, TestNG, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, STLC, Java, Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse, JIRA, Confluence, SVN