A Business Analyst/Senior BA position preferably in Insurance domain with a stable and profitable organization in an environment that encourages innovative thinking, recognition, and career development. A role which would allow me to share my breadth of experience and abilities of analysis and creative problem solving effecting mutual employee and employer growth and success and also continue my in the consulting field by obtaining the CBAP designation.
- 5 years of professional hands on experience with strong understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Process Flow, Business Process Modeling and workflow analysis in software development life cycle (SDLC) projects in the Insurance domain.
- In depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), having thorough understanding of various phases like Requirements, Analysis/Design, Development and Testing Practical knowledge of Agile, Waterfall SDLC with implementation of all four phases.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Experience in creating data flow diagrams and process flow diagrams.
- Expertise in the development and interpretation of requirement documents including Business Requirement Document (BRD), Business Process Document, Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS), Use Case Specification (Business and Application), Use Case Models and Systems Design Specifications (SDS). Expertise in modeling using Use Case Diagram, Sequence Diagrams and Activity Diagrams.
- Experience in Test Plan and executing Test Cases based on Design document and User Excellent team player who works well with people at all levels Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills
Methodologies: SDLC, Waterfall, MS - DOS, Windows (NT/2000/XP), UNIX, Linux
- Performed Requirements gathering, Requirements Elicitation, and Requirements Documentation.
- Conducted user interviews, held one-to-one meetings with users, conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) session for requirements gathering.
- Data Analysis and Data validation was done by writing complex SQL queries
- Facilitated requirement validation sessions with client business user groups; Liaised with the business units and development team to validate & clarify requirements
- For requirements documentation, made various artifacts like use-case diagram, activity diagram, and sequence diagram using MS Visio
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix in order to track the development and QA process
- Reviewed the Test Cases and Test plans with the Quality Assurance team.Created tracibility matrix for unit testing from the BA end.
- Helped users with performing User Acceptance Testing
- Worked directly with the onsite development team. Conducting and coordinating numerous product design sessions - On site and Virtual
- Conducted daily stand up meetings to get live updates from the team, helping Project Manager actively update the project status, detect risks at early stage and take corrective / preventive actions.
- Assured timely delivery of various documents (BRD, Wireframes, Visio Source files, Style Guide, Content etc.) to the development team.
- Managed SharePoint repository to ensure availability and proper access to the up to date documentation related to the project / release.
- Actively participated and provided back up to the testing teams for the overnight release support (go live).
- Established Test Plans and expected results, identified issues and recommended solutions
- Dashboard creation to track project delivery status and Client review
- Used Beyond Compare and ClearQuest Intake Management among other tools to manage project deliver-ables
- Trained and mentored new entrants to the consulting practice
- Demonstrated commitment to quality by documenting work fully and accurately.
- Understanding the business process for each line of business and applying that in day to day work.
- Gathering the knowledge of the process used by each LOB for their respective letter generation/submission and printing Performing Routine Tasks including Daily Reports, Batch jobs observation.
- Involved Merging, building & deploying the application changed/developed from offshore code base to Onsite.
- Analysis, Design, Coding and Unit Testing of new enhancements and developments as per the technical specifications provided by the client.
- Developing al curriculum and technical documentation.