- Solution - driven individual with a track record of improving company efficiencies while still controlling company costs.
- Responds to challenges with confidence, a positive attitude, commitment and determination.
- Consistently looking for the best possible alternative resolutions to minimize time and cost expenditures.
- Excellent communicator with strong analytical skills and the innate ability to on board team members with innovative ideas to better meet company goals and objectives.
- Highly respected for having patience and kindness while training employees on new company processes.
- Great ability to think outside the box especially when a solution seems impossible.
- Regarded as having an exceptional work ethic.
- Works excellent in a team environment as well as when working alone.
- Responsible for analyzing company processes in every department within the company to change existing processes or create new processes in order to improve efficiency as well as cut costs.
- Designed new purchasing process including software in order to cut purchasing time in half for each vendor line being purchased saving Checker on average $60,000 per year.
- Analyzed and designed company process training manuals for various departments and provided in depth training for each existing or newly developed process which benefitted Checker by increasing efficiencies, improving turnover rate as well as improving employee morale.
- Appointed to be in charge of Checker Wellness Committee which cut insurance costs, raised morale and benefitted employees by instituting a morning exercise program, bringing in dieticians, providing healthy snacks and drinks in company vending machines as well as offering incentives for participation.
- Implemented a new ERP system moving Checker from a flat file system to a live relational database.
- Helped with design and development of company website increasing our web sales globally.
- Appointed to Checker Decorating Committee in which the entire company was updated with new paint, carpet, cubicles, artwork, furniture and updated bathrooms.
- Wrote company reports for President, Vice President and Controller to analyze inventory as well as financial information. Many reports were responsible for finding various flaws in the company ERP system as well as company processes.
- Responsible for troubleshooting company ERP system and reporting issues to software vendor or fixing the issues in house.
- Maintained Checker’s live relational database.
- Wrote and published reports allowing various departments to run their own reports on an as needed basis rather than waiting for the Information Technology department to run the reports.
- Redesigned the Marketing Department’s process of retrieving data for print publications which has decreased production time allowing for more print publications to be designed and distributed during the year. The data is now pulled directly from the database also cutting down on user typing and grammatical errors.
- Appointed to Checker Christmas Party Committee as role of Decorating Advisor.
- Designed import/export process for Checker’s international shipping department. This included creating harmonized codes for every product along with assigning tariff duty to Checker’s 80,000 products. Checker did not have an efficient international shipping process therefore this has saved Checker fines exceeding $500,000 as Checker ships globally. This has also cut time and production costs and has allowed Checker to ship internationally several times a week as opposed to once a week. An increase in international sales has also occurred due to this process.
- Designed print materials including catalogs, brochures and signs.
- Scanned and color corrected images to be used on the web as well as in print materials.
- Managed production of yearly 700 page product catalog including design, proofing, corrections and printing.
- Responsible for the planning of special events such as trade shows and employee events.
- Focused a great deal of time on employee morale activities such as crazy hat day and the annual Halloween party.