- Senior Business Analyst with experience in assessing business requirements for SDLC - driven IT projects for 8 years in the multi-functional environment. Expert at gathering, analyzing, documenting, testing business requirements and reporting in direct support of business objectives. Analytical, detailed oriented, with extensive experience working in banking and retail sector environments.
- Strong understanding of Retail Banking, including Credit Card, Mortgage, Account Transactions, Wire Transfers, Bill Payment.
- Proficient in Anti Money Laundering (AML), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), AML-KYC, BASEL II and III, and Dodd-Frank Act. In-depth knowledge of NICE Actimize Suite and STAR/PACE product Suite.
- Experience in CCAR - Credit, Operational and Market Risk and FR Y 14 M/Q/A reporting.
- Strong experience in Business and Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Migration, Data Integration and Metadata Management Services.
- Good experience in Data Modeling with expertise in creating Star & Snow-Flake Schemas, FACT and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling using Erwin.
- Experience in creating database tables, writing stored triggers, select statements, JOINS, views.
- Ability to collaborate with peers in both, business, and technical areas, to deliver optimal business process solutions, in line with corporate priorities.
- Good knowledge and experience on Payment Security Industry (PCI)/ Data Security Standards (DSS) Compliance.
- Knowledge of the CAN-SPAM Act and working experience on Email-Marketing projects.
- Good experience in Data Warehousing concepts including Extract, Transform, Load (ETL), Meta data, Data Marts, Fact/Dimension Tables, and Dimensional Modeling.
- Experience with Change Management and working with Change Review Boards.
- Experience with JIRA for Project tracking, Test management, Support tickets and Agile tracking.
- Experience in Organizing and facilitating project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint, release planning, demos, and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Extensive experience in project management best practices, processes, & SDLC methodologies including Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM).
- Expertise in defining scope of projects based on gathered Business Requirements including documentation of constraints, assumptions, business impacts & project risks.
- In depth experience in Analysis and review of Software and Business Requirement Documents (BRD).
- Excellent Client Relationship Management with Excellent verbal and Written Communication.
- Multi-Tasking and Organizational Aptitudes, with proven experience in Development and Implementation of Strategies.
- Working experience in various technologies such as XSLT, XPATH, CSS, XML, and HTML.
- Knowledge of Test Plans, providing Test Data, conducting unit test, documenting test cases and in Manual Testing - Functional, Database, Black Box, Positive-Negative, and Regression testing.
- Experience in writing User manual, conducting functional walkthroughs, and in performing extensive User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Articulate, confident, and able to communicate comfortably with all levels of the company.
- Excellent facilitation skills in conducting Walkthroughs, Surveys, Questionnaires, Interviews, Brainstorming sessions.
Business Analysis Skills: Business Requirement Definition (BRD), Business Process Analysis & Design, UML, GAP Analysis, Workflow, Dataflow, Data Modeling Entity-Relation Diagrams (ERD)
Methodologies: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile, Waterfall Model, V Model
Modeling/BPM Tools: Bizagi BPM, Oracle BPM Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio, IBM Requisite Pro
Project Management Tools: MS Project, JIRA
Office Tools: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Share Point)
Bug Tracking/ Business: TFS, E Room, Track+, Bugzilla
Databases: MS SQL, MS Access, Oracle, SQL Server 2008
QA Practices: Black/Grey/White box testing, backend testing, XML tracking, Test Plans/Scripts, Automated testing, Functional/Integration testing, Manual testing, Manage Defects, Test training
Sr. Business Analyst
- Responsible for identifying various business needs and requirements and presenting them to the user.
- Designed and documented Business Requirement Documents, Functional Specifications and Technical maps for Asset Management stream.
- Interacted with SMEs to understand and gather requirements for Liquidity Risk Management (LCR) calculation, Credit Risk calculation and reporting requirements.
- Acted as a liaison between software developers and designers, to understand application functionality and navigational flow and keep them updated about Business users' requirements through JAD sessions.
- Worked with FAs to retrieve and set up benchmarks like BEY, EAR, Expected Return, Market Risk, Sharpe Ratio, NPV and IRR, etc.
- Generated requirements for Capital Markets-Fixed Income Investment Management Business, Portfolio Management, Hedge funds, corporate actions, Brokerage and Trading Model within the scope of the both the Front and Middle Office.
- Developed and designed Use Cases and Use Case diagrams, business flow diagrams, Activity/ Workflow diagram, Collaboration diagrams and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Worked with accountants to write specification on NAV, local/base MV, P/L, Cr/Dr, etc. to prepare Performance Reports, Trial Balances and Financial Statements.
- Interacted with risk and portfolio managers in calculation of risk parameters (PD, LGD and EAD) based on AIRB approach
- Conducted walkthroughs with the end users and stakeholders to gather the modification requests from the user to upgrade or change the business specifications for the product.
- Perform GAP analysis by mapping requirements to the test cases, developed project plan and entered periodic updates in MS Project.
- Responsible for Sprint planning, Prioritization and determining scope of CRs/ ALMs for each release.
- Created Test Plans and Test Cases and coordinated team effort on Functional Testing, Migration Testing, Performance Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Assisted business users at the time of User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Involved in creating Entity-Relationship diagrams for the design of the database.
- Wrote SQL queries for test scripts for QA report testing.
- Coordinated with Identifying defects and gaps in the core products, managing bugs and assisting development of enhancements to meet business requirements in Jira Platform.
- Responsible for collaborating with business stakeholders and clients to turn needs and desires into functional requirements, use cases, mockups, etc. that can be delivered to the Software Engineers.
- Lead requirements gathering and functional design discussions with business stakeholders and are responsible for documenting the required scope of a request.
- Participated in the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall methodology.
- Worked on documenting test cases, perform testing, and document test findings.
- Involved in GAP analysis both at the time of requirement gathering and later after development with the Testing team to identify areas and possible scenarios that might have been overlooked.
- Involved in Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Cleansing & Quality, Data Migration
- Created requirements specification document that translates business requirements into technical specification including business and validation logic for ease of understanding to the development team.
- Developed Informatica Data Quality Mappings, sessions, workflows, scripts and orchestration Schedules.
- Verified and maintained Data Quality, Integrity, ETL rules and Business logics.
- Worked on Business Intelligence standardization to create database layers with user friendly views in Teradata that can be used for development of various Tableau reports/ dashboards.
- Responsible in performing Integration, System, Functionality, GUI, User Acceptance (UAT), Regression and Smoke Testing.
- Working with ETL Lead and Business Analysts to ensure design integration and consistency across subject areas
- Developed and run ad hoc data queries from multiple database types to identify system of records, data inconsistencies, and data quality issues
- Documented the complete process flow to describe program development, logic, testing, and implementation, application integration, coding.
- Created interactive data visualizations in Tableau, using relational and aggregate data sources.
- Documented logical, physical, relational and dimensional data models.
- Assisted in entering and updating Issues (Epics, Stories, and Tasks) onto JIRA Agile application.
- Conducted UAT testing and validation for each project and held UAT status meetings with SMEs to ensure the quality of tech deliverable for the project.
Financial Business Analyst
- Involved in gathering the requirement with the SMEs to get the maximum information about the work-stream including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring, and Asset Management.
- Reviewed Commercial Loan Dept. documents based on the Business Unit request and the request for validity and time needed to complete the Project.
- Performed task decomposition, delegated tasks and monitored project milestones using MS Project.
- Prepared test scripts for the Commercial Loan Business Unit.
- Provided system implementation guidance to Compliance team for Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) for oversea US entities and subjects
- Performed portfolio analysis and managed compliance review projects. Anti-Money Laundering Projects Ad Hoc.
- Analyzed and documented the system specifications, Business requirements; used the tool DOORS for documenting, tracking and analyzing the requirements.
- Used DOORS to link requirements to test cases, business rules, and design items to maintain traceability.
- Worked on AML domain with Mantas/Actimize AML monitoring/case management tool and previous experience using Blueprint requirements management software.
- Was actively involved in the design of BRD, FRD, use case diagrams and Activity diagrams using MS Visio.
- Conducted Legal reviews through Oracle alert-based systems including Mantas, Concordance,
- Defined the FATCA discussion with Compliance team users for the required system and operational changes to cater the latest IRS standard.
- Liaised with Clients, Front Office, Credit, Legal and Client On-Boarding as necessary as part of the KYC process.
- Implementation and testing of Mantas Anti-Money Laundering software for customer record and data purpose.
- Extensively researched and collected the customer financial documentations and completed research for suspicious activity reports on KYC, AML, and BSA analysis reports for flagged accounts.
- Completion of monthly updates to all bank regulations including OFAC, AML, BSA and US Patriot Act.
- Analyzed client data, documentation and negative news to determine client risk profile as established under the global KYC procedures.
- Used UML to produce Use-Cases, use case diagrams and Activity diagrams to explain process flows and functional specifications.
- Documented the Requirement Traceability Matrix for tracing the Test Cases and requirements related to them.
- Assisted to develop the Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scenarios to be used in testing based on Business Requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Partnered with the technical areas in the research and resolution of system and User Acceptance Testing.
- Extensive success in translating business requirements and user expectations into detailed specifications employing Unified Modeling Language (UML) in an SOA environment.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing, gathered and documented User Manuals and Business Rules.
- Worked closely with QA and Developers to clarify/understand functionality, resolve issues and provided feedback to nail down the bugs.
Environment: Red Hat 6.x,5.x, CentOS 5.x, 6.x, SUSE and Oracle EL v6, Windows 2008 and 2012VMware ESXi 5.1, VCenter Server, Sphere Client, Jenkins, Nolio, Puppet, Chef, PowerShell, Center Update Manager, VCenterconverter, San, NAS, HP Rack servers.
- Interacted with SME's and key stakeholders for understanding and gathering the business requirements.
- Analyzed and Understood the business model concepts, business systems development and business process re-engineering.
- Worked on building enterprise reporting system to support Risk Analysis, Securities and their Valuation, Asset Management, risks and returns, Bond Pricing, MBS, ABS, Derivatives (repos, interest rate swaps), Money Market Instruments.
- Involved in providing high level estimates on the project level and sprint team level and setting up meetings with different sprint teams for the BRD breakdowns and collecting high level estimates.
- Prepared the Impact Matrix (IM) by identifying the Application function, Impact Type, Dependencies, Priority and Application Impacted on requirement-by-requirement basis of each project.
- Played Key BA role in "Products & Pricing Sprint Team".
- Responsible for business system analysis of customizing the BPS Risk Management product with involvement through the whole SDLC.
- Prepared eligibility document for Agency, Non-Agency and HARP Products, Attribute contains with LTV/CLTV, FICO, DTI, Loan Amount, Property Types, and Escrows etc.
- Worked with Capital Market to provide accurate loan level pricing, subsidies and higher market price.
- Worked as SME for a project, worked closely with various job families throughout the life cycle of the project (Requirements gathering to Production Release and Support).
- Interfaced and analyzed different applications and prepared Data Mapping document and Fee Matrix document.
- Prepared graphical depictions of Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, State Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Component Based Diagrams, and Collateral Diagrams and creation of technical design (UI screen) using Microsoft Visio.
- Used Agile software development methodology in defining the problem, gathering requirements, writing functional and technical specifications, business modeling and communicating with the technical team for development of the system.
- Provided Support and assistance to QA in testing functional requirements and DEV in unit testing and providing them directing during the code deployment.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT), experienced in Conducting Defect Triage Meeting with SME's, Business Owners and compliance to walk through the defects raised.
Environment: Windows, JIRA, Agile, Keystroke, Blueprint, MS Office, MS Project, MS Access, XML, X-Bert, ALM, Data Warehouse, WebEx, SharePoint, Progress.