- I have over 12 years of experience in the Energy Trading and Risk Management industry, with a strong focus on technical design of solutions within the OpenLink Endur ETRM application.
- I have experience in performing system implementations and upgrades for various energy commodities; including natural gas, power, crude oil, refined products, natural gas liquids, and agricultural products.
- I have developed extensive knowledge and expertise across the major ETRM business process functions; Trading, Risk Management, Contracts and Confirmations, Scheduling/ Actualization, Settlements/Invoicing, Accounting, and Compliance/Reporting.
- My broad industry knowledge, ETRM experience, and technical background make me a great resource for analysis, design, and implementation of quality trading solutions.
- Designed and tested a functional enhancement to automate the capture of Broker Fees upon trade capture in Endur. Rates included execution and clearing broker fees for exchange interfaced deals; and OTC and clearing broker rates for OTC transactions.
- Designed and tested a new Endur report for the business to use which complies with CEC 1308C Gas Retailer Report and the CEC 1308C Gas Retailer Detail Report as outlined by the California Energy Commission (CEC). The new reporting process significantly reduced the time spent compiling transactional data each quarter.
- Designed a new process enabling users to copy pricing and fee attributes from usage parent balancing deals to all secondary balancing deals in Endur. This enhancement significantly reduced trade entry time associated with Usage Trading business in the West regions.
- Designed a new trade booking process which volumetrically balances the physical gas position in Endur associated with Power Tolling transactions. The delivered solution also assisted Accounting in capturing the gas expense in SAP associated with each SENA Power desk.
- Designed a new automated Deal Ranking process in Endur which uses a Ranking Strategy to rank each leg of a physical deal.
- Assisted business users with User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Designed a CashMonth PNL solution that traders use daily to validate their daily profit and loss and exposure positions.
- Documented requirements for PNL reporting enhancements for cash month traders working closely with business users from the Commercial Trading and Risk Control groups.
- Performed detailed testing to verify report results were consistent with core Endur simulation results including PNL Detail and Cash Month Info.
- Liaised with the Risk Control group to ensure all calculated results, followed the correct realization logic, and were consistent with the official PNL reporting guidelines.
- Authored functional design documents and coordinated with business users to obtain their approval on the enhancement’s functional design.
- Provided detailed training on the delivered designs to multiple functional groups including Commercial, Risk Control, and Production Support.
- Assisted the Production Support group with hypercare activities following the successful implementation of all three Cash Month project modules: Quick Deal Entry (QDE), Quick Volume Update (QVU), and PNL Report.
- Designed and created more efficient EOD processes to help reduce overall processing time. Significant improvements were made to each of the following processes in Endur version 9.1: Instrument Fixings; Batch Validation; EOD Simulations; Simulation Validations; and Automated System Date Roll.
- Conducted End of Day planning and execution in Endur during testing activities.
- Authored functional design documents for new enhancements developed for the EOD functional group and coordinated with business users to obtain their approval on the enhancement’s functional design.
- Designed a new robust Endur security system to ensure all business roles adhered to strict guidelines identified by senior management from each functional group.
- Worked closely with business users and project analysts from all functional groups (Accounting, Settlements, Confirms and Contracts, Scheduling, Actualization, Risk Control, and Commercial) to understand and document their daily Endur activity.
- Worked strenuously with project staff and business users to complete UAT for each security role.
- Liaised with an external auditing group to verify all automated IT Controls functioned correctly.
Assistant Vice President
- Openlink Endur: Expert user of their primary trade booking system. Created new curves, correlation surfaces, and deal templates. Modeled and tested new trade booking approaches for physical transactions including physical gas and NGL transport and storage.
- Endur Upgrade: Managed testing for an Openlink V6 to V8 upgrade project for the Product Control team.
- Conducted product and regression testing during the Endur upgrade.
- Developed a comprehensive list of detailed test cases to validate functionality within Endur and to verify data that was transferred accurately.
- Conducted side - by-side testing at Openlink's headquarters in New York.
- Middle Office: Provided production support to the Natural Gas, Power, Crude and Refined Products, and Agricultural desks in New York on Endur functionality. Production support covered all commodities traded by these desks in Endur - physical and financial.
- EOD Risk Manager: Managed a team of analysts to ensure the successful completion of all End Of Day (EOD) activities daily. Reported daily Flash PnL numbers by desk to senior management.
- Structured Trade Valuation & Review: Provided structured and complex trade review, deal valuation analysis, and PnL reserve constraints for non observable and approximate bookings.
- New Business and Product Development: Involved in many new product roll-outs including Load Following Power Transaction; US Gas Transportation; Physical Crude Oil; Wind Power; and Hydro Power.
- Price Testing: Responsible for monthly valuation of traders forward marks for all US Power and Natural Gas, Emissions, and Forest Products markets.
- Compliance: Responsible for providing the compliance team and external contractors with necessary transaction data to comply with multiple audits, both internal and external.
- Market Reporting: Worked with the various trading desks to ensure positional limits were adhered to and, when required, drafted positional reports for Compliance to document offsetting positions if exchange limits (NYMEX and ICE) were breached.