- Qualified professional with around 8 years of experience as a Business Analyst in the domains of Healthcare, Retail, Manufacturing and Finance with expertise in implementing large enterprise applications
- Excellent Analytical, methodical, and resourceful approach to problem solving. Identify and document root causes and corrective actions to meet short and long term business and system requirements
- Knowledge of ICD 9 and ICD 10 Data Mapping
- Knowledge of HIPAA, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Transactions i.e. 837, 835, 276, 277 etc.
- Experience in conducting Requirement Analysis, Use Case Design & Designing Test Plans
- Ability to manage (Multiple) project tasks with changing priorities and tight deadlines. Ability to work well in a team
- Design and review of various documents including the Business requirements document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD), Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and testing documents
- Expertise in using Rational tools for creating Use Cases, Version Control, Defect Tracking, monitoring and extensively used the Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile, Scrum methodologies in all areas of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Good experience of working with the QA methodologies and processes
- Experience working as Joint Application Development (JAD) facilitator and meetings coordinator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working on SharePoint data loading/editing/publishing
- Expertise in UML (Activity diagrams, use case diagrams, state diagrams, sequence diagrams, Object diagrams, and GAP Analysis and collaboration diagrams) as a business analysis methodology for application functionality designs using MS Visio.
- Expertise in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for various web based and database related applications
Software Models, Methodologies: Waterfall, Prototyping, Agile (SCRUM), RUP
Business Modeling Tools/Wireframe Tools: MS Visio 2007, Balsamiq
Requirement Management Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, IBM Rational DOORS, Rational Clear Quest
Content Management System: SharePoint
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA
Operating Systems: Windows NT/XP/2000/2003, Unix
Databases: SQL Server 2008, MS Access 2007, Oracle
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports v3.8
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, Rational Enterprise Suite
Desktop Tools: MS Word 2007, MS Excel 2007, MS PowerPoint 2007
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Senior Business Analyst
- Facilitated the requirement gathering work sessions with stakeholders to understand and incorporate the potential requirements in the BRD.
- Modified and used Project Templates to gather the requirements and carry on the project.
- Coordinated the project team for JAD and BRD Sessions.
- Contributed in implementation of 4010 to 5010 transition in accordance with HIPAA standards.
- Created 837(P, I, D) claims, and maintained data mapping documents in reference to HIPAA transactions primarily 837(P, I, D), 835, 270/271, 276/277 and 278.
- Worked on 837 and 835 projects, including syntax and business rules for X12 HIPAA 4010 and 5010 validation for loops, segments, elements, qualifiers and code sets.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business processes, business rules, information needs and insured that critical requirements are not missed.
- Analyzed and translated business requirements into system specifications utilizing UML and RUP methodology
- Prepared Functional Specifications employing Use case scenarios, sequence diagrams, DFDs
- Identified and clearly defined functional issues and supported IT development staff throughout the design, development, unit testing, and implementation phases of the software development life cycle.
- Documented the Requirement Traceability Matrix for tracing the Test Cases and requirements.
- Documented and assisted the QA Team with the Test Plan.
Environment: MS Excel 2007, SQL, Windows 2007, Microsoft Visio 2007, Agile, MS Power Point 2007
Senior Business Analyst
- Research and analyze high - level business requirements, evaluate critical information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and distinguish user requests from the underlying business problem
- Lead and facilitate Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions with business, clinical, and technical stakeholders. Elicited functional, user interface, and nonfunctional requirements during JADs
- Define functionality requirements within an Agile framework. Create user stories and acceptance criteria for testing
- Prepare & Present the functional requirements to all the stakeholders
- Track the progress of tasks and milestones against work estimates. Provide updates to management and document issues, risks and contingency plans
- Establish and implement effective requirements practices
Environment: Agile Development Methodologies, SharePoint, JIRA, Rally
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Business & Quality Analyst
- Involved in all phases of SDLC and very active in helping other team members when lagging
- Verify business rules, assumptions and dependencies with the stake holders
- Analyze existing business requirements documentation to understand the scope of the Component Based Model (CBM)
- Used Rational Rose to create or modify existing Use Cases, Activity, Sequence to improve comprehension of enhancement requests
- Interact with technology teams and end users to take business and implementation decisions
- Used Rational Clear Quest to keep track of changes in functional requirements
- Work with the QA team lead and QA standards to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Involved in writing test plans, defining test cases, test scenarios and data sets
- Facilitate meetings between management, developers and testers to ensure smooth hand off
- Generate weekly reports using MS Access and submitted it to manager for status reporting
- Diagrammed parts of the deployment environment using MS Visio and Rational Tools
- Assist in risk management and implementation of migration plans
- Used MS Visio to create trouble shooting and process flowcharts
- Perform integration testing with the new system as and when the need be
Environment: Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Quest, MS Visio, MS Access