- 6+ years of extensive experience as a Senior Business System Analyst/Business Analyst in Healthcare, Banking, Retail, HVAC and Networking Software and Hardware industries.
- Extensive experience in analysing and gathering requirements using various elicitation techniques like interviews, requirements workshops, questionnaires, brainstorming, focus groups, prototyping, document analysis etc.
- Proficient in producing artifacts like BRD, FRD, SRD, Gap Analysis document, Requirement Traceability Matrix, use case documents, UML diagrams, Test Plans and generating Test Data to help improve testing process
- Expert in producing UML diagrams and prototypes such as ERD, swimlane, sequence chart, flow chart, data flow, process map, wireframes etc. using MS Visio, Lucidcharts and Balsamiq
- Experienced in working with both WATERFALL and AGILE methodology.
- Scrum Ceremonies - Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Review and Retrospective Meetings
- Maintaining scrum reports -Burn Up/Burn down Charts, Velocity Charts, Sprint Report
- Excellent Analytical, methodical, and resourceful approach to problem solving, identifying, and documenting root causes and corrective actions to meet short- and long-term business and system requirements.
- Well versed in drafting user stories, acceptance criteria and in the estimation and prioritization of user stories in JIRA
- Experience in performing GAP Analysis between AS IS and TO BE workflow models.
- Experience in using SQL during testing for data validation and for checking for data integrity
- Extensive experience in conducting Business/User Acceptance Testing (BAT/UAT) and subsequent Demos for the stakeholders in Sprint Review Meeting
- Experience with requirements change control process, maintaining defects log and monitoring the change
- Created and executed functional tests for web services in POSTMAN
- Experience with creating API specification document and data mapping document
- Experience providing post-production support to the end users by writing manuals, confluence pages, documenting and debugging user issues and mitigating the issues with the team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with both business and technical resources.
- Self-starter, highly independent and motivated worker requiring minimal guidance.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile-SCRUM, Agile-Waterfall Hybrid
Business tools: MS Office Suite, MS Visio, Lucidcharts, Balsamiq, Rally, JIRA, Tableau, Postman, Azure
Database tools: Oracle SQL Developer, Microsoft SQL Server, My SQL
Business Skills: Change Management, Impact Analysis, SWOT analysis, Root-cause analysis, Gap Analysis
Languages: C/C++, Python
Sr. Business System Analyst
Confidential, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- As a member of the Confidential Revenue Cycle Patient Access Team, gathered detailed business requirements, interacted with the Users of the Patient Registration system, Designers and Developers to get a better understanding of the patient registration process
- Researched and documented the AS-IS process and found places for improvement to create the TO-BE process and performed GAP analysis for the current Patient registration system
- Conducted interviews, focus groups, document analysis and requirements workshop sessions to elicit and clarify requirement details.
- Identified Use Cases such as ‘New Patient Registration’ from user stories, created Use Case documents and created TO BE Business Process Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams for the new process in MS Visio.
- Created Use Case Diagrams using MS Visio to show interaction between the actors like the new patient, New Patient Coordinator (NPC), Registration Software, Patient Database, and the insurance provider
- Created wireframes of Patient Registration user interface using Balsamiq to elicit the user requirements to business users
- Developed a pre-registration process map and determined the information needed to be collected from the patient during the pre-registration process
- Helped create a pre-registration script to guide the conversation between the patient and the New Patient Coordinator (NPC) and organized this script so that it matches the fields of the registration software and EHR
- Served as subject matter expert associated with content, processes and procedures associated with the patient registration process
- Liaised between IS and users to resolve workflow or functional questions regarding the new patient registration system
- Created REST API specification document for patient API for sending patient data to other applications and tested it using Postman
- Created data mapping specification document for EDI claims and internal data structures
- Gathered all the outstanding system requests, user issues and defects, prioritized them and managed them through change control process
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix to trace requirements from business use case to test cases
- Assisted QA teams in writing test cases and test scenarios for the Registration process
- Performed data validation using Oracle SQL Developer and ran ad-hoc queries to show patient data in the registered patients’ database to the business users
- Conducted user acceptance testing (UAT) before the sprint release and issued and assessed change request in case of change in requirement or bad code
- Developed a pre-registration metrics worksheet to compare the current registration process to the new pre-registration process
Sr. Online Business Analyst
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
- Analyzed and gathered business requirements and conducted elicitation sessions with stakeholders to develop solutions to improve HomeDepot.com online marketing efforts and web analytics
- Collaborated with the web analytics team to identify underperforming areas of the site and opportunities to improve site performance, the key drivers of performance related to Homedepot.com's online objectives
- Developed user stories for the Customer Segment Comparison report and acceptance criteria for each user story and tracked and monitored epics and features in JIRA
- Collaborated with the product owner and development team to groom product backlog and ensured acceptance criteria are agreed upon and stories are ready for sizing.
- Created use cases to identify opportunities for improving the Confidential web platform using the segment comparison panel of the Adobe Analytics Workspace
- Prepared Use Case Diagrams and Entity Relationship diagrams using MS Visio to define the business process
- Compiled proposals for improving the web analytics solutions and effectively presented analysis and findings to senior stakeholders
- Worked closely with Scrum Master and Product owners in conducting and facilitating Agile ceremonies like daily stand-ups, retrospectives, and sprint planning.
- Assisted the Product Owner in setting realistic project expectations and conducting project related presentations
- Created data mapping specification document for mapping data from Salesforce CRM and application database to data warehouse using translation rules
- Prepared detailed test cases and supported Quality Assurance Analyst with developing the test cases and their results by understanding the business logic and user requirements and developed test Status Reports for Stakeholder review.
- Worked with Marketers and User Experience designers for tracking performance of page A/B tests and page redesigns.
- Used Oracle SQL Developer for checking the integrity and quality of the data generated by the segmentation reports
- Performed User Acceptance Testing on behalf of the end-user to ensure that the user requirements for the Customer Segmentation Report are satisfied and thoroughly tested before the major release
- Created REST API documentation for getting customer data for running analytics to create the segmentation report
Business System Analyst
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Worked closely with Customer Lifecycle Management Analyst and Customer Support team to gather requirements and analyzed the feasibility of their needs by coordinating with the project manager and technical lead.
- Ensured operational readiness is achieved for new offers, capabilities and systems being enabled in the market.
- Provided operational and analytical support to customer engagement programs and initiatives.
- Analyzed customer needs through surveys and reports and translated those into functional requirements to improve the customer engagement program
- Performed GAP Analysis and prepared Workflow Diagrams, designed new process flows for the Lifecycle Advantage customer engagement program
- Prepared BRD, FRD, SRD for the Confidential Lifecycle customer engagement program
- Assisted marketing teams on strategies and campaigns to increase lifetime value, reducing churn, driving customer retention and affinity by engaging customers at each stage of the customer lifecycle.
- Worked with development teams to implement framework for continuous measurement and reporting, drive metrics analysis, root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Developed, created, and maintained user acceptance testing documents and user documents to assist with testing and .
- Prepared weekly Review and Status Reports, which included Test Case Standings, Metrics, QA Issues and Defects
Confidential, New York, NY
- Collected the requirements for creating visualization dashboards for different Business Units and converted them into easily understandable user stories and provided them to the development team for implementing on the salesforce analytics platform.
- Conducted story boarding sessions with technical SMEs and business users, writing user stories and documenting the Product backlogs
- Discussions with various stakeholders to prioritize the product backlog based on user points and business value
- Performed Root-Cause Analysis by conducting several sessions with users and technical team to identify reasons for customer churn
- Identified red flags on customer activity dashboards like reduction in the time spent by a customer on company website, reduction in the number of the users accessing the product, time spent by a user on a single feature/task, reduction in time spent on certain features etc.
- Used Customer 360 feature of Salesforce to get a complete picture of customer activity for identifying the variables for creating the model for prediction
- Assisted the customer engagement team to develop strategies to improve customer retention based on the results from the Salesforce Einstein AI
- Assisted quality assurance team in testing different releases and in designing test plans and test cases for the Salesforce Einstein application
- Conducted the UAT with the Business users and gathered feedback and provided the same to the Development team.
- Mapped system requirements with Test Cases, ensured traceability of Test Cases back to the Business Requirements using RTM
- Served as the SME for Einstein features to assist business lines with development and ongoing support
- Provided project release direction and support including research, analysis, review, development, implementation and monitoring of the Salesforce Einstein for customer churn prediction application
Junior Business Analyst
- Worked closely with the business to understand current and future business requirements regarding the ongoing customer service
- Performed GAP Analysis for evaluating and managing service quality, finding difference between customer expectations, perceptions of needs by management and specification of the service.
- Elicited business requirements by conducting requirements workshops, interviews, Focus Groups and Brainstorming sessions.
- Delivered business requirement documents (BRD), functional specification documents, Use Cases, test plans, and requirement traceability matrices.
- Worked with the CoEs on documenting design requirements, material, test scripts and standard work
- Assisted in UAT testing by creating test scenarios and test cases from the Use cases
- Worked closely with support suppliers and provided tier 2 level support as needed
- Co-Managed the Change Control process for the entire project by facilitating group meetings, one-on-one interview sessions and email correspondence with work stream owners to discuss the impact of Change Request on the project