- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent skills in working with Excel, database software and statistics.
- Ability to implement business needs into technology.
- Outstanding abilities to work in a team environment and handle responsibilities.
- Superior presentation skills and report - drafting abilities.
- Familiarity with collecting, and compiling business data, and drafting reports.
- Excellent understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP).
- Experienced in gathering business requirements and creating business requirement documents.
- Strong Understanding fundamentals of software development processes and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of good software development and practices.
- Effectively communicate with Product Owner and other Scrum Masters.
Functional Expertise: SDLC, ALM (Agile Lifecycle Management), Oracle Hyperion and Oracle Business Intelligence. DevOps.
Technologies: MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, Teams), Python, HTML, Tableau, JIRA, SQL, Confluence, ServiceNow).
Industry Expertise: Agribusiness, Technology, and Consumer Products, Banking.
- Responsible for three ServiceNow pods: Asset Management, CSM and EPI. Engage with the three pods to transform them from waterfall methodology to Agile; coach the teams to function in a cross functional manner.
- Coordinate with the platform project managers, and product owners to do sprint and release planning.
- Assist vendor partners such as EY, Acorio, CenturyLink by coaching them in Agile process and Scrum Framework - Coaching and aligning the external teams added synchronicity in development process across the ServiceNow division.
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example; remove impediments by escalating to leadership ensuring in timely delivery, make team collaborative to help achieve sprint objective - Focus much on team cohesion.
- Facilitate code review meetings, release planning, cross pod meetings and various scrum ceremonies.
- Conduct each sprint planning (utilize pointing/planning poker etc.…), sprint retrospective in an innovative manner to fully engage the team.
- Monitor and track status of iterations/releases and ensure work progress is visual on the scrum board for the team.
- Coach the ServiceNow teams in using agile through fun and interactive agile game sessions.
- Conduct capacity planning to ensure the velocity of project is improving over time.
- Develop relevant metrics that help the team see how they are progressing and provide management insight regarding the performance of the team, this includes burn-down charts, velocity tracking and planning via utilizing JIRA.
- Ensure appropriate, complete and timely team achievement of all documentation, tracking and reporting (including but not limited to: User Stories, risk mitigation plans, test scripts, test results).
- Improve development process by leveraging Kanban process improvement methods.
- Document scrum process on confluence so it can be accessed throughout IT department. These documents serve as a base standard for agile practices across the division.
- Leverage SAFe framework to align all teams to the vision and mission for the upcoming releases.
- Manage project timelines and communicate with management staff and clients to ensure project progress satisfactorily.
- Facilitate PI Planning workshops and facilitate system demo, inspect and adapt workshops and coordinate dependencies across various other scrum teams in Agile Release Train.
- Worked on Equity Portfolio Management System (EPMS) project. The goal of the project was to align existing systems such as Fund Management System (FMS), ODS, Investran and other tools and databases to integrate with iPortal.
- Review prioritized backlog for sprints using JIRA. Review Burndown charts in JIRA Agile environment.
- Maintain a master schedule of all software releases, including key post-development milestones.
- Removed obstacle for the team by escalating issues to leadership resulting in early delivery of customer issue solution when dealing with different teams due to the scale of project with many moving parts (Databases-iDMS and their teams, and other system integrations- Investran, ODS).
- Improved team velocity by incorporating capacity planning into sprint planning sessions.
- Resolved a complex infrastructure issue by creating and utilizing a professional network of Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Technical Leads.
- Worked on Enhancements project which consisted of managing three sub projects (ADM, FIG-Envelope, iDesk). The goal of the project was to make continuous upgrades to the mentioned sub projects (ADM, FIG Envelope and iDesk). For this, kanban was leveraged.
- Gathered and updated project materials, completed forecasting, project documentation, business flows, and lessons learned documents. Tracked team and velocity through use of reporting tools such as burn-down/burn-up charts and velocity charts
- Resolved problems to meet technical performance and financial objectives.
- Coordinate all Scrum Ceremonies including, Daily Standups, Sprint Planning Sprint retrospectives, Sprint Review, Backlog Grooming, and Release Planning.
- Coached and mentored other Scrum Masters on our program team. Partnered to ensure that our ways of working are consistent across teams.
- Assisted in defining and deploying new product development processes and in facilitating the continuous improvement of existing processes.
- Liaised between developers and project stakeholders (Product owner and leadership); fostering quality communication between engineering disciplines.
- Configure and administer JIRA software, manage global settings including users and groups, roles, global permissions and schemes.
- Maintain the JIRA instance in an efficient way so that it can be able to integrate with other tools in Atlassian.
- Work with JIRA filters, reporting, dashboards, workflows, fields.
Scrum Master /Project Manager
- Led the mobile initiative of the agency. The goal was to create a mobile application for internal stakeholders to retrieve and disseminate data to analysts in a seamless and structured manner.
- Served the Engineering Team in its efforts to deliver value and meet expectations of stakeholders by conducting daily scrum, planning the sprints, demonstrating the sprints, and scheduling process improvement meeting
- Provided guidance on the team; help them along the process of self-governance so they can realize the impact of Agile Scrum frameworks
- Worked with Product Owner and other Scrum Masters to align backlogs and determine necessary commitments for backlog items and sprints
- Improved team velocity by incorporating capacity planning into sprint planning sessions
- Removed team impediments daily to allow the team to deliver the sprint goals and deliverables.
- Endeavor to build a safe environment and promote a productive culture for work.
- Assisted team with a hands-on servant leader approach from inception to delivery of our work.
- Worked on Implementation of Service Now Project. The projects goal was to support the helpdesk and business functionality.
- Coordinated all Scrum Ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint retrospectives, Sprint Demos, Story Grooming and Release Planning.
- Managed all Scrum boards and documented Sprint backlog items and tasks using JIRA.
- Handling routine Atlassian application configuration requests and manage users in JIRA.
- Customize workflows, fields, screens, permissions, notifications and issue type schemes in JIRA.
- Tracked and communicated team velocity and other development metrics and to all affected teams and management.
- Maintained documentation on business processes, requirements, data and application architecture across the enterprise.
- Aided the internal and external communications group; advocated transparency and efficient communication channels.
- Collaborated closely with the Product Owner (PO) with respect to managing the product backlog.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Scrum Master/ Business Analyst
- Worked on business survey modernization. The goal was to sunset legacy application tools such as Microsoft fox pro and identify and implement new technologies such as Netezza and OBIEE ++ in the cloud environment.
- Analyzed business requirements and functional design documents.
- Participated in meetings with customers, management, developers and product analysts with the intention of generalizing the application services, which can be used in follow-on efforts to more easily modernize other business.
- Worked with contracting team to make sure contracting team performed per the estimated velocity performed to deliver product on time.
- Removed team impediments daily to allow the team to deliver the sprint goals and deliverables
- Managed new product features and improvements in terms of scope and quality.
- Worked closely with management and product development team to effectively plan the delivery of software solutions to clients.
- Defined and emphasized product details and approaches to implementation.
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
Team Lead/ Strategist
- Effectively managed multiple factors of the robotics start-up using lean methodology, including but not limited to: financial planning, software development and product development.
- Created a weekly department evaluation report for supervisors and management. Reports included any problem areas in the department requiring attention and suggestions on how to resolve these issues.
- Strategized company policies with co-founders to bring unity and fortify work based relationships.
- Lead and oversee the implementation of the company’s long and short term plans in accordance with its strategy.
- Conduct feasibility analysis, budget assessments while procuring physical resources to launch the company’s product.
- Ensure the company is appropriately organized and staffed to reach the company’s mission and goals.