- Strong 8+ years of experience in Project planning, Business Analysis, Core Documentation, Process Mapping, Design, Development and Testing phases of SDLC while working with several industries.
- Working knowledge of Financial Accounting, Project Accounting, Fixed Asset management, Wealth Management, Budget Planning and Management, Inventory Management, Sales Management, Purchase Management, and Customer service domains, and Healthcare Management, Claim Adjudication etc.
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD) and Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Skilled in Use Case Analysis, Use Case, Sequence Diagrams and Activity Diagrams, Use Case Modeling, Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD), Data Flow Diagram (DFD).
- Strong experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to develop and agree upon a system that focuses on the clarity of business requirements.
- Strong experience in gathering, writing and reviewing requirements, and assisting Project Managers in project planning & monitoring and handling the smooth flow of operations, and providing recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Extensive experience in record keeping using various record maintenance tools like Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project.
- Excellent administrative skills and experience in working with PMO and senior level executives in handling the day - to-day chores. Effective planning and scheduling for the business meetings and presentation preparations for the senior executives, business users and key stakeholders.
- Experience in successfully implementing automated systems; selecting, managing and training staff; developing and managing the departmental budget; establishing and monitoring productivity goals; and leading cross-functional teams on key projects.
- Skilled in producing and reviewing several artifacts like Project Requirement Documents (PRD), Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS), Requirements Traceability matrix (RTM), UAT Test plans and scripts, etc.
- Assisted in the development of the business case, recommended methods for achieving solution value, and facilitated stakeholder agreement and solution sign-off
- Strong working experience of the Change management methodologies using HPSD.
- Significant experience in working with Reporting Tools used in analyzing sales and strategies for better management of Business processes.
- Supported projects throughout the solution development life cycle, from establishing vision and scope to validating requirements in the testing phase, including System and Integration testing phase and UAT phase
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, problem solving skills and conflict resolution skills. Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
SDLC Methodology: Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, Iterative, Rational Unified Process
Database Skills: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, DB Visualizer, MySQL Server, MS-Access
Programming: Java, C, C++
Operating Systems: Windows 7/XP/2003/2000/NT, Vista, Mac OS, UNIX
T ools: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), MS Visio, MS Project, MS Outlook, HP Quality Center, MS SharePoint, Informatica, HPSD, Rally, SOAP UI, JIRA, ERP, CRM
Requirements Engineering: Requisite Pro, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Jama Contour, Caliber, HP Quality Center
Diagrams: Data Flow Diagrams, Cross-Functional Diagrams, Class diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity diagrams, Flowcharts
Web Applications: HTML, XML, Web Services
Confidential, Eagan, MN
Sr. Business Analyst
- Consulted with IT management and business management on applying technology to business opportunities, planning, and implementation of cross-functional systems and applications.
- Provided subject matter expertise in areas including strategy/approach, requirements gathering, process modeling, use case development and other areas of expertise based on established business analysis tools and techniques like process flow diagrams, flowcharts, etc. in an Agile environment.
- Worked together with stakeholders to define quick prototypes, proof of concepts, or other visual means to describe the problem to be solved as part of each sprint.
- Gathered, analyzed, documented and managed business and user requirements (both functional and non-functional) to effectively address the business needs through JAD sessions and interviews. Identified potential solutions for the business and provided input to issues or risks.
- Acquired domain expertise and analyst practice expertise to provide the most effective solutions to the business partners in the most efficient way possible while following HIPAA guidelines.
- Identified project interdependencies and communicated requirement/scope issues, and tracked the issues and project real-time progress in JIRA tool.
- Worked with senior business stakeholders to identify, refine, and document business needs using techniques like business process modeling, use case development, Activity and Sequence Diagrams.
- Educated business partners on systems capabilities and the feasibility of developing specific solutions.
- Defined and designed the Data and Application security matrix that would describe the organization’s capability of accessing specific applications and data elements.
- Completed all supporting documentation on assigned projects, including creating and updating all project requirements documents (PRD), user and technical procedures/manuals, operational support documentation and archival of all related project documentations.
- Actively championed and contributed to the continuous improvement of business systems analysis best practices, using innovative ideas to increase effectiveness of the overall analyst organization.
- Gathered data and performed data analysis using SQL queries in DB Visualizer and addressed potential issues in production and recommended to IT the optimal systemic solutions.
- Acquired strong knowledge of health plan operations like eligibility and enrollment processing, claim adjudication including claim adjustments and denials, and benefits administering.
- Supported all phases of SDLC including Design, Development and Testing cycle.
Confidential, Hopkins, MN
Sr. Business Analyst
- Communicated effectively with stakeholders to identify business needs and evaluated and developed effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, time management, project management, problem solving, organizational, presentation and analytical skills.
- Conducted and managed outcomes of various feasibility studies that included analyzing, reviewing, forecasting, trending, and presenting information for operational and business planning.
- Actively participated in SDLC and project team activities including review and consultation of requirements, solution design artifacts and support of deployment transition activity in an Agile/Srum environment.
- Served as primary contact between technology and business end-users in understanding the specific business requirements, criticality and prioritization of business capability.
- Assisted with the change management methodologies, and handled several HPSD tickets for issues and defects related to codes in production and tracked them to successful closure using Rally tool.
- Worked with Project/Program Manager in accordance with organizational change management process to ensure that project related changes were accurately identified and documented, including reports, screens, forms, and process flows.
- Established strong working relationships with technology team members, functional counterparts, vendors and related business partners.
- Reviewed and provided feedback on large-scale technical and business decisions and developed standards utilizing superior technical and analytical skills while applying business knowledge and knowledge of existing technology roadmaps.
- Reviewed Business Analysis and Systems Analysis artifacts and provided appropriate sign off on system/technical design and project UAT artifacts.
- Worked with the testing team to create test scenarios and test cases for Application Security, Business Intelligence, and Reports.
- Engaged and coordinated User Acceptance Testing with end users and IT resources while ensuring that program/project was meeting SOX requirements.
- Assisted in new process document creation and updates to existing documentation, while further supporting ongoing Policy, Procedure, and Work Instructions.
- Updated and maintained the SharePoint portal with regard to filing and retrieval of project artifacts.
- Identified issues with existing processes and procedures to drive clarity and consistency in documentation while aligning to business documentation standards.
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. Business Analyst
- Responsible for liaising with Product Control groups, Reporting groups and various IT teams to ensure that there is a full understanding of the business needs and quantification of the associated risks.
- Performed a broad range of analytics across business lines, clients, market share, transactional, costs, etc. for trends, performance, and revenue and efficiency opportunities.
- In collaboration with business users and key stakeholders, contributed to project prioritization while influencing scope and other changes, developed project plans, worked towards agreeing on the functional design of these projects as part of SDLC.
- Gathered user and business requirements from key stakeholders and business users through various elicitation techniques like one-on-one interviews, open-ended discussions, brainstorming sessions, etc.
- Responsible for accurately identifying and documenting business rules and verifying the same. Documented business requirement documents and functional Requirements Specifications, as well as process mapping documents and test plans and test cases in an Agile and Srum environment.
- Implemented CRM integrated solution that allowed the application to build detailed customer profiles, implement loyalty programs, integrate financial account and portfolio information and automate day-to-day business processes.
- Involved in A&R Repository (analysis & reporting), Data Domain, Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP) with help of SME, and design and development team. Worked on Data Presentation Plan, Data Provisioning and Data Review Plan.
- Worked with data quality, data integrity and security, and analyzed data for inconsistencies. Used data mining applications to generate models and refined rules based on the data analysis.
- Used Informatica’s IDE for Data Analysis for data migration, data acquisition and data consolidation.
- Assisted in ERP implementation for data governance in order to meet regulatory compliance.
- Worked with the development team during the design phase to ensure application testability, reliability, usability, maintainability, security and performance of the application.
- Performed business and system analysis in collaboration with design team towards the resolution of reported application issues documenting all resolutions.
- Helped with the definition and maintenance of QA test plans, coordination and facilitation of robust User Acceptance Testing, and obtained sign-off from the relevant parties.
- Developed and maintained a strong understanding of Wealth Management, processes and systems in order to effectively represent the business for future initiatives.
- Performed client and employee readiness needs assessments and prepared communication and/or training materials where necessary. Partnered with them through marketing, product management and training to refine and deliver information on upcoming changes.
- Conducted interviews for new hires, and assisted in providing mentorship, training and guidance.
- Identified "lessons learned", recommended "best practices" and adopted changes to prevent recurring issues and improve processes.
- Actively participated in all applicable scope and requirements walkthroughs for assigned projects. This included performing impact assessments and engaging decision makers to approve or influence the impact.
- Actively participated in management of all migration, testing, documentation and training aspects of the Payments and Messaging tools.
- Worked closely with the Project Manager in assisting with the project management process to ensure the reduction of delivery costs.
- Defined and documented the project scope and beneficial features to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Maintained the execution cost model and leveraged it for profitability analysis and client pricing efforts as well as assisted in the rollout of the cost model.
- Conducted JAD sessions involving the user community to identify, analyze and formalize requirements and establish working relationships with business functions and solution delivery teams to meet the individual needs of the business functions.
- Involved in the complete SDLC and handled key responsibilities in Project Management. Worked extensively within the framework of Rational Unified Process UML.
- Involved in gathering and documenting user requirements of clients through various methods of interactions like JAD sessions, requirements workshops, brainstorming sessions, and role-playing with business users. Used UML methodology in the implementation of the Business and operations system.
- Identified and refined business requirements with key stakeholders to get Cash Basis, Accrual Basis on day to day basis with various GE Custodial Clearing Banks and houses, and prepare financial statements for each unit along with compliance with GAAP for trading transactions. It involved data backup and disaster recovery process.
- Worked with Internal Control components that included Control Environment, Risk Assessment, Control Activities, and Monitoring.
- Analyzed end users hierarchy charts and designed and customized data flow diagrams to make it suitable for design and development team to understand and to configure according to requirements.
- Supported the project team in the build, configuration and implementation of the Payments and Messaging applications.
- Involved with producing Functional Requirement Specification (FRS), System Requirement Specification (SRS) and System Design Document (SDD).
- As part of Business Process Management implementation, worked closely with business and application development team to first analyze and map existing processes and then to develop new and effective processes that would lead to building of cohesive, complete, correct, unambiguous and verifiable requirements.