- More than 5 years of experience in Fixed Income trading, back/middle office operations and audits
- Strong knowledge of financial products, transaction processing, trade settlement, payment services such as wire transfer via SWIFT, reconciliations, data
- Experienced in Project Management, business process engineering and software development life cycle methodologies (SDLC) such as Agile, including design, development, gap analysis testing and implementation of software applications
- Extensive experience in business analysis, requirements gathering, documentation, implementation, user, quality review and enhancement
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries and data analysis
Core Analytical Skills: Project Plan, Functional Specification documentiom, Business Requirement documentation, DFD, ERD, Use Case/Sequence Diagrams, MS Office, MS Visio, Reports, UML, End User DocumentationMethodologies: Agile,Waterfall, Incremental build model, Prototype model, RAD, RUP
Testing: Test Plan, Test cases, Functional, System, End - End testing, Test Director.
Programming Languages/Tools: JAVA, PERL, UML, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project, Visio, MS office Project
Database Tools: Sybase, ORACLE, Database Studio, Toad, SQL Developer, SQL* plus
- Defined the scope of the project and business as well as functional requirements by holding interviews with key stakeholders and SMEs such as Tax Ops, Cash Management and Reconciliation
- Created Use Cases, activity report, and Business Rules to extract all business workflows and the critical requirements of the Confidential
- Collaborated with the development teams for the design and implementation of the Confidential rule associated with the outgoing payment wires.
- Created sample Wire frames for the UI design
- Created roadmap and timelines for project delivery.
- Escalated RAID’s(Risk issues, Actions & Dependencies) as and when necessary to the senior management
- Facilitated the migration of trading and banking books to a strategic single book management hierarchy system whose remit is to ensure that risk, finance, front office and other regulatory functions aggregate and report data accurately and consistently
- Led workshop sessions across finance, operations, risk and technology to gather requirements associated with the migration of Americas trading and banking books to strategic and global book hierarchy model
- Analyzed more than 1000 books to confirm their validity, associated attributes, and roll up to appropriate desks.
- Prepared and maintained BRD’s, FRD’s and Use Cases in Requisite Pro
- Defined an operating model to manage and migrate regional books to the global book management tool called Bookworm. Utilized UML diagrams such as Class Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence diagrams
- Employed JIRA for effective Change Management and bug tracking during the testing lifecycle
- Performed extensive analysis of the current operating model and identified toxic responsibilities within the wires team as part of functional redesign of the process flow
- Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure process and create BRD and DRD
- Created As Is and To Be process (using Visio) business process flow diagrams and conducted GAP analysis
- Developed test scripts using SQL for functional usability testing and maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure that the test cases and test plans map to business and functional requirements
- Gathered requirements from the various teams across Operations via JAD sessions and interviews.
- Performed data mapping, logical data modelling for data feed, built high level logical data design and created ER diagrams
- Designed Crystal reports to generate the reports for daily and monthly fails
- Adopted Agile methodology to manage various facets of the project lifecycle
- Led the application analysis and design by taking into account various trade settlement scenarios, business processes and IT infrastructure.
- Led the implementation to generate and acknowledge MT 500 series SWIFT settlement messages using JAVA
- Managed enhancement of the infrastructure required to send/receive swift messages (MT 103,202,500 series) via SWIFT gateway
- Led a team to support back/middle office systems such as Trade Entry Systems, Checkout applications, Data applications, etc.
- Provided monthly support metrics such as number of tickets opened/resolved, SLA times to the senior management
- Trained and mentored three members to instill an understanding of the financial products and business processes in order to better support the BAU operations of back/middle office
- Created manuals and quick guides of back/middle office systems for Operations personnel. This effort reduced the number of support calls by 30% from the operations staff
- Improved tracking of daily issues and built user confidence through the deployment of a JIRA tracking system
- Utilized SharePoint to improve the organization and categorization of documents related to the systems and their associated processes
- Analyzed existing operating model and identified redundant processes
- Designed and developed an application to track trading activity and generate Profit & Loss reports using Perl scripting and Sybase database
- Obtained in JAVA and ORACLE database
- Monitored and resolved production cycle job failures in data loading through ETL tool and PL/SQL procedure calls through diagnostic troubleshooting