- Accomplished Business Analyst/ Scrum Master with over 15 years of business analysis and project management experience in Fortune 500 companies across diverse industries. In - depth knowledge of Waterfall, Iterative and Agile and solid experience with SDLC. Extensive experience documenting business process flows, system analysis, business process modeling, requirements traceability, and software testing.
- Adept at developing business requirement documents, functional specification documents, systems requirement specifications, use cases, and process/data flow diagrams. Strong experience with Scrum methodology and well versed in writing user stories.
- Performed root cause analysis and conducted business process modeling sessions to clarify business processes, requirements, and rules. Creates user stories, use cases and acceptance criteria to communicate high-level technical functions and requirements.
- Managed the full software development lifecycle for customized off-the-shelf packages and in-house custom-built business solutions. Successfully used Agile/Scrum methodology for gathering requirements and facilitating user story workshops. Maintained requirements in JIRA for tracking and testing purposes. Prepared and deliver progress reports, proposals, and presentations.
- Worked closely with customers to define application metrics, reports, dashboards, data mapping, and other integration requirements. Created SQL scripts for ad-hoc reporting and data analysis
- Examined existing business processes, identify gaps in processes, opportunities for improvements, and automation. Captured requirements, generated technical requirements, proof of concept solutions, and documented improvements.
- Conducted joint application development sessions (JAD) with stakeholders throughout SDLC to identify business process rules and application requirements.
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies like Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospective, and Backlog Refinement.
- Created user stories, Release Notes, User Guide, Training Plan, Business Glossary Index, and Test cases.
- Produced Onboarding Guide for Court users to configure source system.to access SAP BusinessObjects(BO)
- Analyzed source data to help with requirements gathering
- Translated functional requirements into technical specifications
- Supported implementation of requirements and release planning using an Agile approach
- Analyzed business and technical processes to formulate and develop new and modified business information processing systems.
- Interfaced between systems architects/programmers and users to ensure that information technology designs meet the needs of the end-users within an organization.
- Documented product/service requirements and developed test procedures
- Interacted with testing requirements to ensure traceability and test coverage.
Technologies Used: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, Snag IT and SAP BO
Agile Business Consultant
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Conduct research and interviews to gain an understanding of the business
- Developed EPICS, User Stories, Acceptance testing, Business Process Models, Prototypes,Storyboards and
- Faciliated sprint planning sessions and demo newly built functionality at the end of each sprint.
- Identified and prioritizing user stories via complexity and impact, driving sprint planning and release schedule to manage user story list.
- Collaborate with product owner, development team and other essential roles to identify risks and resolve ambiguities.
- Managed Dependencies Identified and mitigated team risks and impediments (Blocking Issues, Critical Defects) on daily basis.
- Partner closely with application engineering and Digital User Experience to help design and develop technologies
- Created UML diagrams such as Use Case, Activity, ER diagram using MS Visio
- Assisted in entering and updating Issues (Epics, Stories, and Tasks) onto JIRA Agile application.
- Identified issues from various aspects including system design, business process, and development specifics.
- Participated in Product Increment Planning (PI), Sprint planning and Daily stand-ups thereby updating the workflow with the rest of the team and conducted estimation sessions for each iteration.
- Documented User Stories, Split Epics, and facilitated Story Point discussions to analyze the level of effort on project specifications
- Coordinated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and interviews among project stakeholders for creating functional & non-functional requirements.
- Identified As-is and To-be process maps as part of Gap Analysis for new functionality requirements, and thereafter prioritized them to align them with the project roadmap.
- Worked with the product owner to groom Product backlog and to prioritize the user stories that improve the user experienceFollowed change management process, reported and tracked issues using JIRA.
Technologies Used: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, HP ALM,,SAFe, Tableau, Lucid chart
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Provided information and data in support of the project business case
- Developed use cases for the RFP process and drafted requirements questionnaire
- Defined Scope and prepared project documents such as functional design specifications, Context diagram, flowcharts, screen prototypes, wireframes, interface specifications, and business rules
- Worked closely with the PMO to manage milestone tracker to trace & deliver in a scheduled time frame.
- Decomposed the deliverables into tasks and provided task/feature estimation.
- Analyzed evaluated and mapped COTS solutions' capabilities (e.g.,Open Text,. Hyland ECM) and recommend business process improvement, planning & execution.
- Designed new On-boarding of customers process and conduct an impact assessment on current business and audit processes.
- Maintained PMO documentation in SharePoint site
- Developed Business Requirements document (BRD) and conducted requirement’s validation walkthrough
- Facilitated requirements elicitation workshops for over 100 stakeholders in total
- Participated in vendor selection meetings.
Technologies Used: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, SharePoint, HP ALM,, Lucid chart, DOORS, Open Text. Hyland ECM
Business Support Analyst
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Analyzed, compiled and examined electronic health records for over five hundred patients.
- Investigated problems and develop solutions to present to senior manager
- Developed periodic performance reports/KPI's and presented outcomes to management
- Identified continuous improvement activities to streamline the business.
- Prioritized outstanding defects and system problems,ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met.
Technologies Used: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, SharePoint.
- Transitioned 3 US Script health plans into the CVS Caremark network and claim adjudication system ontime and with in budget frame.
- Executed strategic projects utilizing established FDA complaince and governance frameworks
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to identify business process rules and application requirements. FDA compliance
- Created compliance reports for regulatory agencies.
- Produced business requirement documents (BRDs) for Sunshine Limited Network and Celtic Insurance, CA OFF-Exchange health plans.
- Documented current and future business process & performed gap Analysis for heath plan Implementation
- Conducted TouchPoint Time study for US Script Prior Authorization Fax Triage and drafted the findings to report maximizing Certified Pharmacy Technician time efficiency by 50%.
- Conducted gap analysis between current and to-be processes and assisted with identifying workaround solutions and requirement gathering sessions, translated them to functional specifications and managed change requests.
- Examined existing business processes, Identify gaps in processes, opportunities for improvements and automation
- Captured requirements, generated technical requirements, proof of concept solutions and documented improvements
- Improved the content of the Business Analyst Onboarding document to enhance the Onboarding process.
- Recommended potential business solutions and ensured successful implementations.
- Participated and contributed to the meetings with the development, QA and testing teams and ensured that project plans and test plans are updated and posted on SharePoint site
- Delivered Test Plan, Test Cases,Test Scripts, Defect Reports. Coordinated and participated in UAT.
- Ensured all applications tested for functionality and adequately controlled in production.
- Assisted Business Customer in UAT Testing to understand the features and how it meets with user
- Assisted the QA team in developing test cases and performed Functional testing of the various customers' fields
- Identified and worked with the vendor of a new COTS Pre-authorization solution to develop modules needed to support the US Script Claim Adjudication system.
Technologies Used: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, SharePoint, HP ALM,,Lucid chart