- An IT professional: with over 14 years of experience in the field of Business Analysis, Project Management, Product Management and Data Analysis. Currently looking for an organization to pursue my career.
- Experience in preparing Business Requirement Documents, Functional Requirement Documents, UML Diagrams, Process Flows and User Story Documents.
- Experience in managing large teams. Setting expectations, preparing realistic and reliable staffing plans.
- Experience in gathering and analyzing Business Requirements, implementing strategies to meet the deadlines, analyzing data and preparing data mapping documents.
- Experience as Business Analyst Lead for large Agile Projects and leading multiple teams simultaneously.
- Experience in guiding and mentoring Business Analysts.
- Experience in coordinating with Development teams, Quality Assurance team and take business decisions to assist them in carrying out the project tasks.
- Experience in documenting project management details, tracking projects, preparing burn - down charts and take decision on planning Sprints.
- Experience in preparing the Release Plan, identifying critical bugs, preparing announcements for the Business.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of various SDLC methodologies RUP, Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall.
- Ability to conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT): prepare test cases, test script and test plan. Develop Structured test Cases; validate test cases and track defects.
- Excellent facilitation skills in conducting meetings, walkthroughs, surveys, questionnaires, interviews, conducting trainings, brainstorming and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions.
- Recognized for excellent communication and people skills that help successfully influence and drive consensus across cross-functional teams
- Possess strong analytical, verbal and presentation skills that help in communicating with team members as well as Project sponsors.
- Experience in managing multiple project teams and mentoring Business Analysts.
- Experience in managing the entire Business Analysis department, recruiting and taking management decisions.
- Experience in the area of Project Management and Product Management.
- Experience working with large projects requiring experience in UX design.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile (Scrum, Kanban), RUP
Project Management Tools: JIRA, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Onbase, SharePoint, PPM, Rally
Business Analysis Tools: Enterprise Architect, Visio, Mega, Balsamiq, Snagit
Data Analysis Tools: SQL
Microsoft Office: Excel, Power-point, Word
Lead Business Analyst
- Wrote User Stories and prepared Mock-Ups.
- Met with the Stakeholders to discuss on the prioritization and gather new requirements.
- Tracked the projects on TFS and the Kanban board.
- Suggested the management on the resources needed for the projects.
- Lead multiple teams of Business Analysts for the Large Projects division.
- Conducted JAD sessions with stakeholders and the technical team to identify solutions, scope and requirements.
- Created an improved template for User Stories, which was implemented by the management across the board.
- Mentored multiple Business Analysts and monitored their progress.
- Provided regular updates to the management regarding the project progress.
- Worked on PMOs (tickets) during the PMO blowout.
- Prepared the governance documents for new projects.
- Attended Scrum meetings and provided updates to the multiple teams.
- Approved the bugs created by QA team and took decisions to make necessary changes to the product.
- Trained multiple judicial divisions post the releases, tracked the training and prepared Training Plans.
- Allocated work to multiple Business Analysts and managed the expectations.
Environment: Waterfall Methodology, Agile, Windows XP, HP Quality Center, Advanced Excel, Microsoft Visio, SQL Studio Management, MS Office, Balsamic, Team Foundation Server, Onbase, JIRA.
- Acting as a liaison between the Government Agencies, Project Management, Developers and QA.
- Performed testing for the HRIS project using SQL Studio.
- Preparing the Business Requirement Document and the Functional Requirement documents.
- Prepared User Stories and worked in an Agile environment for the HRIS project.
- Prepared User Manuals and conducted training sessions for the Office 365 project.
- Prepared Request for Proposal for the PRA project and the Waste Management Alert System project.
- Worked on analysing and comparing contracts provided by different vendors, if it is in line with the County’s requirements.
- Made presentations to the heads of different agencies and the County Council.
- Preparing Process Diagrams, Use Cases and Activity diagrams for different projects.
- Conducting client meetings, walkthrough sessions and JAD sessions with different project teams.
- Participating in discussion for build vs buy for different projects and analysing the different vendor softwares in the market.
- Prepared Wireframes, Power-Point presentations and gave presentations for different group of audiences.
- Lead a team of 2 Business Analyst for the Waste Mangement Alert System Project.
- Gathered Business Requirements from the clients using different Requirement gathering techniques.
Environment: Waterfall Methodology, Agile, Windows XP, HP Quality Center, Advanced Excel, Microsoft Visio, SQL Studio Management, MS Office, Balsamic, Sharepoint, Onbase.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst/Project Manager
- Analyzing and review business requirements and functional requirements.
- Creating reports for the accounting department using different tools such as Encompass (build.15.02 - Loan Origination System LOS), SQL Studio, Nautilus and FISERV (Loan Servicing System).
- Coordinating with the team, updating project details on JIRA and managing the projects.
- Effectively communicating with the Business and Setting up walkthrough sessions of the BRDs for the project team.
- Interacting directly with the client, vendors and SME’s and performing the duties of a Product Manager.
- Acting as a liaison between the business, project management, developers and QA.
- Actively maintaining and updating the business documents based on the changes.
- Generating regular customer data reports using Monarch and SQL Studio.
- Reporting project updates and making aware of potential issues and risks.
- Monitoring and supporting UAT and post-prod checkouts.
- Doing Data Analysis and Data Mapping for reports used in the Treasury department, Investor Reporting and Corporate Finance.
- Provided recommendations and analysis to facilitate build and buy decisions.
- Lead a team of 1 Business Analyst on the automation project.
Environment: Waterfall Methodology, Agile, Windows XP, JIRA, Advanced Excel, Microsoft Visio, SQL Studio Management, MS Office, MS Office, Balsamic, Snaggit & Dreamweaver.
- Worked with software developers to find the perfect solution for our client’s needs.a
- Be responsible for advising and assisting Software Professionals in analyzing software and data processing requirements involving complex technical matters.
- Developed and executed test plans, test cases and test scenarios.
- Constructed automated test plans and cases. Create and review test plans, test cases, test metrics and other QA documents to ensure sufficient test coverage.
- Executed and interpreted the results of manual and automated tests.
- Maintained test documents. Other duties include providing solutions for operating procedures and analyzing business information.
- Planed and executed test scripts and logged defects in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Assisted the product management to prioritize User Stories and wrote User Stories.
- Conducted GAP analysis, prepared business process flow diagrams.
- Be responsible for requirement analysis, designing various testing application components, writing functional/technical specifications, etc.
- Prepared the main deliverable of Functional Requirement Document and got it approved on time.
- Developed Structured test cases, validated test cases and tracked defects.
- Did Data Analysis and Data Mapping for the new reports to be created for the new billing feature.
- Prepared Use Cases (UML) diagrams and Activity Flow (flowcharts).
- Worked on the Application Requirements for Billing and Payments section.
- Participated in the implementation of new processes and corrective action plans to ensure SOX compliance.
Environment: Agile - SCRUM, Waterfall, Rally, SCUM, Visio, MS Excel, Sharepoint, SnagIt, RDBMS, MS office (Word, Excel, Power-point, Outlook), Guidewire 8.0, SQL, Onbase by Hyland, NextGen, MS Project.
Business Analyst/Project Coordinator
- Involved in duties such as gathering requirements and project monitoring using MS Project.
- Worked on enhancing the in house Loan Origination System LOS and Loan Servicing Systems.
- Assisted Project Manager for creating Project Plan and Estimates.
- Conducted daily standup sessions for multiple teams.
- Did Data Analysis and Data Mapping for the Accounting Reports in the Finance Department.
- Facilitated project meetings, including providing agendas, meeting minutes, and ensuring that meetings are effective.
- Responsible for partnering with business partners to translate project goals into Business system requirements.
- Worked with the security team to prepare functional requirements for the inter-bank transfers and payments.
- Responsible for writing functional specifications that outline how the system should work.
- Converted & documented Functional requirements to user stories using MS office, making wireframes & prototypes with Visio.
- Documented user defined enhancement requests and product gap.
- Created requirements & process flow for customized navigation system, page layouts, field content types.
- Prepared Use Cases (UML) diagrams and Activity Flow (flowcharts).
- Played a vital role on the validation team in resolving QC defects.
- Developed various Detail level Use-Cases as well as Use-Case Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Met with the Project and IT owner to discuss status and issues.
- Worked closely with the Business Lead’s, Product Owner and fellow Peer BSA’s, in resolving business issues, escalating to the PM and IT owner to raise awareness.
- Actively participated with other BA leads under the direction of Planning and Delivery to ensure coordination of all project deliverables.
- Reviewed business deliverables for completeness and quality
- Ensured business specifications met with business requirements.
- Validated and coordinated estimates for all the deliverables.
- Performed extensive requirement analysis including data analysis and gap analysis.
- Assisted the product management to prioritize User Stories and also closing and opening project tickets.
- Prepared test cases, test scripts and other UAT documentation.
Environment: Agile- SCRUM, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, Rally, MS Project, Visio, HOGAN, Outlook, MS Word.