- Over 10 years of Experience working in the healthcare domain with 6 years of Consulting experience with primary focus on healthcare integration providing expertise in the implementation of healthcare integration solutions.
- Expertise in interface analysis, development and providing support for various hospitals, clinics and other healthcare facilities with Good hands on experience on different Project Management functionality.
- Knowledge of healthcare standards and guidelines such as HL7, HIPAA, ICD, LO X12, Meaningful Use and hands on experience with their implementation.
- Experience working in diverse environments and on various projects such as portfolio projects, HIE, Confidential, ICD - 10 etc.
- Knowledge and experience of various software development life cycles; Agile, Waterfall.
- Active participation in interface solutions implementation from project initiation, planning, analysis, design, development and support.
- Expertise in requirement gathering, writing specification documentation and technical design documentation conforming to the user/vendor requirements.
- Experience working on Real-Time, Batch and File Transfer, Web Services and various other messaging protocols.
- Experience developing interfaces for message types such as ADT, Orders (ORM, OML, RDE, ODS), Results (ORU), DFTs, BAR, MDM, MFN, IMZ, SIU etc.
- Hands on experience and working knowledge of various integration engines; Infor Cloverleaf and Mirth Connect.
- Experience integrating various EMR systems such as Cerner, Initiate, Meditech, Epic, AllScripts, NextGen, eCW etc.
- Involvement in Meaningful Use (MU) Stage 1 and 2 implementations including development of interfaces as part of MU deliverables.
- Hands on experience and working knowledge of CCD/CCDA guidelines including transfer and mapping of CCDA documents such as CCD using HL7, XML, XQuery, XPath.
- Experience working on migration projects from one integration engine to another, ICD-9 to ICD-10, legacy systems to new technologies.
- Hands on experience with interface testing, creating test plans and executing them during unit testing, Connectivity testing, Integrated testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Regression testing etc.
- Experience setting up and working in various environments including development, staging and production.
- Extensive experience working in diverse teams including working with offshore teams.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
Operating Systems: Windows (2000/2003/ XP/ 7/8/10), Unix
Integration Engines: Infor Cloverleaf, Mirth Connect, HL7 v.2.X, v.3.O, FHIR
Programming and Scripting Languages: Java, JavaSript, SQL, TCL, XML, Xpath, XQuery
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, Alscript DbMotion
MS Office Tools: Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project
Confidential, Nashville, TN
Senior HL7 Data Integration Product Analyst
- Gathering requirements and specifications from the vendors /business owners/application analysts/end users.
- Analyzing the requirements, performing gap analysis and recommending solutions to any existing and foreseeable gaps.
- Creating specification documents and technical design documents that meet the specified needs.
- Using Cloverleaf and BizTalk integration engine to develop interfaces such as ADT, Lab Orders, Radiology Orders, Pharmacy Orders, Dietary Orders, Results, Billing and Charges etc.
- Using HIE Services in-house integration engine to receive CCDs, progress notes and OB reports from HCA Hospitals for downstream processing
- Works on HIE implementation between the local hospitals, physician clinics and RHIOs
- Creating CCD exchange workflows, setting up source and destination configurations and testing the connections to ensure end-to-end connectivity.
- Adding filters as per the requirements to prevent unwanted data from reaching the destination application.
- Performing message transformation and mapping using drag and drop and by writing code for complex transformations in the transformers tab on HIE services integration engine.
- Using HIE services engine and Biztalk to create real-time and file transfer interfaces, and establishing the necessary message transfer protocol.
- Setting up databases, creating translation tables used by the interface for specific field mapping and establishing database connections.
- Writing queries using SQL to insert, modify, delete, and extract data from the database tables.
- Using XML and XPath to map HL7 data onto CCDA document templates such as the Continuity of Care Documents.
- Creating test plans/test scripts in HP ALM Quality Center and executing them in test lab.
- Performing unit testing, connectivity testing and system/integrated testing to ensure the interface functions as desired.
- Assisting with User Acceptance Testing by monitoring the interfaces and making recommended changes.
- Defect tracking, and documentation using QC ALM and Tivoli monitoring tool.
- Using service central for change management to get approval to take the interfaces to production and to implement changes on existing interfaces by creating tickets in service central.
- Deploying the interface/workflow to various environments such as the staging environment and production only after approval by the change management board to go-live.
- Providing support during Go-Live and post Go-Live as needed to ensure full functionality, and error/defect control.
- Developing Immunization interfaces for Meaningful Use Stage 2 deliverables to transfer immunization data to the state.
- Working on multiple projects under the portfolio program, and providing scope estimates and schedules for each project.
Confidential, Newark NJ
Data Integration Analyst/Developer
- Gathered interface requirements and performed analysis on all assigned projects.
- Design and develop validation plans to identify and test new offerings, systems and device interfaces primarily in Mirth Connect and in some instances worked on Cloverleaf Interface Engines during various Client Migrations.
- Created, Reviewed and modified application interface specifications documents.
- Worked on the aggregation and http nodes in calling external web services
- Developed Message Flow interfaces using Mirth Connect to transform messages to meet business needs with the help of drag and drop functionality based on requirement.
- Interacted with Vendors during the Implementation and during Go-live including providing tier III support
- Designed and developed interfaces for various message types such as ADTs, ORMs, ORUs, DFTs, SIUs etc.
- Participated in interface testing including writing and executing test cases.
- Developed message flows for content based routing of messages
- Worked on migration projects migrating interfaces from Mirth Connect to Cloverleaf integration engine.
- Used Cloverleaf Integration Services (CIS) to creating sites, threads and configuring front and back end of the interfaces.
- Used Tool Command Language (TCL) to perform field-to-field mapping and translation as per the requirements.
- Set up inbound and outbound message transfer protocols such as TCP/IP in Network Configurator.
- Configured Cloverleaf Secure courier to transfer the data securely from end-to-end (source EPA to destination EPA).
- Used Cloverleaf Global Monitor to monitor the interfaces and cloverleaf environments.
- Used SMAT utility to monitor, edit and send messages in Cloverleaf.
- Worked collaboratively with offshore and onshore teams to ensure successful delivery of all projects.
- Followed the change control process to get approval to move interfaces to production.
- Integrated various EMR systems (Cerner, Meditech, Epic, Mobile MD) using the integration engine.
- Provided support as needed and fixed defects assigned to my group and I.
Confidential, Egbuchulam, MD
Clinical Data Administrative Assistant
- application users on various ways to navigate through the EMR application Onsight.
- Researched CPT and ICD-9 coding discrepancies for compliance and reimbursement accuracy.
- Helped with various documentation on the current regulations like HIPAA, Medicare etc.
- Helped in identifying cost-effective applications for use in the office.
- Transmitted all third party claims, entered demographics information into med iSOFT System for claims processing and verified all Insurances.
- Helped in software installation and providing tier III support to the physicians.
- Followed up on claims denials, account receivables, and posted payments against the EOB’s Participation