- Extensive experience working as Business Analyst and Lead business analyst for past 5 years in IT domain.
- Worked extensively in different methodologies like AGILE, (Rational Unified Process) and RAD (Rapid Application Development).
- Expert in writing complex queries using SQL using various tools like Db Visualizer, TOAD etc.
- Trace and inform business requirement changes through the lifecycle of the project using Rational Requisite Pro and Rational Clear Quest while maintaining customer needs and maintain a Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to keep the stakeholders informed of the progress of the project.
- Expert in creating UI/UX design, mock - ups and wireframes that characterize actual user in corporation with web application.
- Feasibility studies, Document generation and conducting sessions.
- Strong experience in the creation of Test Plan and Test Cases from the Requirements document.
- Worked extensively in AGILE environment creating user stories, sprint lifecycles documents, and essential business use cases.
- Analyzed and synthesized results from JAD and other requirements processes and transformed those into Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Specifications Document (FRD) and Use Case Narratives.
- Extensive knowledge using Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams (use case, activity, sequence) using Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- In depth analysis and working experience in data modeling, data profiling, data warehousing, Metadata Management Services and other data concepts.
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis, SWOT analysis and Root Cause Analysis.
- Documentation of the Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Procedures based on the Design Document and User Requirement Document for the Black Box, Functional, Usability and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Adapt at creating, editing and coordinating extensive communication networks (facilitation of joint application design (JAD)) sessions and interviews, implementation requirements, project status reports, project impact analysis, request for estimates, email to keep executive staff and team members apprised of goals, project status, resolving issues and conflicts
- Proficiency in using IBM Jazz for creating user stories, acceptance criteria, defect management and planning of the AGILE lifecycle.
- Worked extensively in SDLC process by implementing Jira software tool.
- Developed UI/UX design outlines for internal team to review and to relate in the requirements sessions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the testing lifecycle within web, client server & Mainframe environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment and contributed effectively as a problem-solver. Attention to details and ability to prioritize tasks along with excellent communication, project management and problem-solving skills. Analytical, methodical, and resourceful approach to problem solving, identifying root causes and corrective.
- Expert level skills in MS Office products like MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint and MS SharePoint.
- Use Case development and UML modeling using modeling tools like Rational Rose/MS Visio.
Business Methodologies: AGILE,RUP, RAD, JAD, GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, GANTT Charts
Business Modeling Tools: UML, Rational Rose, MS Visio, Brio, Jazz, Jira
Databases/ languages: Oracle, SQL Server
Operating Systems and Environments: Linux, Unix, Windows XP, Mainframe, COBOL
Others: SAP Material Management Module, Facets, MS Office Suite, MS Project, Toad, SQL Developer, Lotus Notes, MS SharePoint
Sr. Business Analyst
- Responsible for business process analysis that includes requirements facilitation, definition & analysis, Business process design and mapping.
- Defined the scope of the project and worked with the project manager in creating the business case and project plan.
- Used MS-Visio BPMN for developing UI/UX design, wireframes and TO-BE business process flow.
- Worked closely with UI/UX designer to provide the requirements and front-end developer to get the anticipated outcome of the design in deployment.
- Assisted in defining the initial common terminology to be used throughout the project lifecycle.
- Conducted interviews with the clients for gathering requirements and evaluation/analysis of their data. Converted the business requirements into IT specifications.
- Worked with development team to establish deployment plan and production challenges.
- Support for, and documentation of, required changes to business processes in connection with insurances.
- Documented & validated the requirements for Eligibility of the low-income able bodies Hoosiers which includes the data gathering, partner communication and development of design validations.
- Acted as a liaison between the stakeholders and the development team in gathering requirements.
- Conducted JAD sessions, focus groups and individual interviews to facilitate elicitation with regards to analysis, specifications, and design of the relevant business processes and systems.
- Analyzed and synthesized results from Joint Application Development (JAD), proposed alternative tasks and transformed those into Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Throughout the entire project used Agile methodology to smoothly work on the project with extensive use of IBM Jazz to move faster.
- In the Agile environment, actively performed the status calls, SCRUM stand ups, burn down chart analysis and other day to day activity for successful project implementation.
- Documented detailed business, functional, and User Interface system specifications using standardized company templates for the business, development, and QA team.
- Designing Functional Specifications for the targeted system implementation.
- Maintained a Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure that all Functional Requirements are addressed.
- Worked in close co-ordination with the QA analyst and testing team, reviewed and validated test plans, test cases and test scenarios.
- Monitored and assisted in designing and development of Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML.
- Post deployment assessed applications to ensure accuracy, and that the eligibility of the insured was in accordance with the terms of the business partners.
- Performed GAP Analysis, conducted walkthroughs and acted as a liaison between the business users, stakeholders and the team to perform requirements, quality and risk analysis.
- Documented and reported the progress to the management on an ongoing basis.
- Extensive use of Rational Requisite Pro for reviewing and analyzing the user requirements.
- Used Rational Clear Quest to maintain and track the requested enhancements and changes by the stakeholders.
- Interacting with the development team to explain to them the various design documents: Business Use Case Model, Detailed Use Cases, and Visio Document.
- Creating detailed design of the system with the project team including class diagrams, activity diagrams, and sequence and collaboration diagrams.
Environment: Agile, Rational Unified Process (RUP), UML, Rational Test Manager, Rational Clear Quest, Windows, MS Office, HTML, Windows, MS SharePoint, MS Visio.
Confidential, Baton Rouge, LA
Business Systems Analyst
- Performed GAP analysis to identify the AS-IS a process and TO-BE processes required to achieve the targeted goal.
- Worked with the Doctors & other Medical staff to understand the existing processes & the requirements for new features.
- Worked on capturing the requirements for generating solution for patient appointment & hospital visit history required a unique Patient MRN (Medical Record Number) to be generated so that these details could be tracked accordingly. It also needed the search feature so that a patient could be searched on MRN, Name & DOB.
- As part of the project generated requirements and automated solution to send COB survey to new members within 30 days of enrollment confirmation.
- Was responsible for entering and updating Issues (Epics, Stories, and Tasks) onto JIRA Agile application.
- Performed testing for Medicare, Medicaid and X-Over claims for Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS).
- Validate system performance through audits for MMIS files.
- Identified and resolve any COB discrepancies between the dental plan and current system to identify the issue and work with teams to remediate it.
- Worked with the Dental division SME’s to assess the current system issues and come up with solution to make sure that the problem can be remediated.
- Worked on interface requirements for the Patient Appointment feature in the system that allowed the user to check the Doctor's availability & their schedule before finalizing the patient's appointment.
- Gathered requirements to allow feature that allowed the user to capture notes in the quick notes section where any important points related to the appointment could be entered & viewed.
- Actively analyzed current business processes (Claims, Recipient eligibility and enrollment) and the impact on the enhancements on these processes in order to get the desired results.
- Worked closely with business, regulatory compliance (HIPAA) and security groups to setup the data restriction roles for the system.
- Constructed SQL to assist business and end users with data analysis. Provided inputs to create and maintain SQL queries.
- Corresponded and compiled weekly reports to include production, claims payment and denial status to senior management.
- Used SQL, Data Warehousing and Data Cleansing for the arrangement of customer data.
Environment: Remedy, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Microsoft SharePoint, MS Visio, MS office Suite, MS Project
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Used UML diagrams for data capture activities which required working with SMEs ensure consistency and accuracy of data during the data loading process and that the data passes validation and integrity constraints with corporate database repositories.
- Involved in process analysis and defined executed data migration plans for local data for global applications.
- Database support that includes activities required to correct, delete or summarize medical history of members as well as provider information.
- Experience in CMS and MMA Guidelines.
- Collaborated on the development of user requirements and design specifications using standard UML techniques such as use case, activity, sequence, and class diagrams.
- Executed Smoke, Functional, Integration, End-to-end and Regressions Tests in each environment by tracking the test status in Quality Center (Test Director).
- Applied advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, macros, lookups, charts) and Access database querying skills in streamlining and automating accounting processes.
- Build relationships with Information Systems and other relevant business partners, balancing practicalities with innovative and efficient business systems solutions.
- Created test cases and performed manual testing of the functionality of the application by inserting varying data on different test runs.
- Documented Requirement Traceability Matrix in Requisite Pro for traceability of requirements through test cases.
- Developed Forms using MS Access using Forms and Reports for reporting.
- Produced clear user manuals & training guides for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and deployment for end-clients with step-by-step instructions.
Environment: SQL Server, UML, Rational Requisite Pro, Test Manager, Clear Quest, Windows, Agile, MS Visio, MS Access, MS Project, UAT, JAD, UML Diagrams.
Junior Project Coordinator
- Worked with business users and SMEs to gather expectations of the new system
- Served as a liaison between the business user and members of the technical support team
- Worked as an Interface between the users and the different teams involved with application development to enhance understanding of the business and IT processes
- Organized interviews and JAD sessions to gather basic requirements to create the Process flows and followed up with GAP Analysis.
- Interacted frequently with the Project Manager and made suggestions about areas that required attention.
- Created workflow diagrams to depict the interaction between the various actors and the system
- Maintained risks and issues register and escalated issues to project manager and/or business stakeholders when required.
- Lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT) execution and tracked and managed defects and enhancements.
- Involved in training the internal/external users for using the WEB application.
- Used MS Project to manage schedules and collaborate with different teams
- Presented project progress reports and status reports to the management throughout the duration of the project
Environment: MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, Windows