- Over 12 years of professional experience: Sr. Business System Analyst in various industry (Asset Management / Portfolio Management, Trading, Equity Research, Prime Brokerage, Risk and Margin, Banking, Telecom).
- Experience in Trading systems - Charles River Investment Management Solution (CRD), Charles River Anywhere (CRA), Trade Order management system.
- Experience in UBS portfolio management application- ConsultWorks, Thomson Reuters book management tools including Model Rebalancing Tool for trading and book management.
- Experience in Asset Management including Portfolio Management, and various asset classes: Equity, Fixed Income products, Derivatives- Options, Mutual Funds, ETFs.
- Strong working knowledge of financial planning concepts, including asset allocation, goal planning, portfolio analytics, trade life cycle, clearing and settlement.
- Worked on Front office and middle office for asset management and trading projects.
- Experience in Financial Modeling and Equity Research Analysis.
- Experience in the Agile, Waterfall Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent Requirement gathering, Documentation, Presentation and Process Management skills.
- Proficient in Data Analysis, Use Cases Diagrams, Screen Specifications, Business Rules, Screen Mock-ups, Process Maps, Functional Specifications and Activity Diagrams.
- Extensive experience in gathering Business and functional Requirements, working with UML, developing Use Cases, conducting Gap Analysis.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), and Systems Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Proficient in conducting JAD sessions with stakeholders.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites including MS-Word, MS-Visio, MS-Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Extensively worked on various Excel functions including Pivot Tables, Vlookup and Macros.
- Expertise in Data Analysis using SQL and good knowledge of database concepts..
- Experience in documentation for Data mapping & Data Integration.
- Proficient in writing Test Scripts and Test Scenarios.
- Actively involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience in Forecasting & Budgeting and Cost benefit analysis.
- Strong team building, conflict management, time management and meeting management skills.
- Effective team player that has ability to develop productive working relationships while bridging the gap between technical, non-technical and test teams.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, strategic planning and decision-making skills.
- Strong communicator and creative problem-solver.
Modeling & Design, Testing Tools: Microsoft Visio, HP Quality Center
Other Tools: Snagit, MS Visio
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7, XP
Programming Languages: Python, SQL
MS-Suite: MS-Office, Word, Excel, MS Access, VBA, Power-point
Project management tool: JIRA, GIT HUB, MS Project
Confidential, Newark, NJ
Senior Business Analyst
- Working with the various business unit under Asset Management ( Confidential Group) to gather and document the business requirements for automating forecasting process.
- Working as a liaison between business partners and technical team to document detailed business requirements and functional specifications.
- Preparing BRD and FSD for all the business units under Confidential . Creating illustrations and functional specifications for asset management fees calculation, baseline flow trend calculations for various funds for all the business units.
- Working on various financial products including Equity, Bond, Mortgages in client' Confidential portfolio for market value calculations.
- Working with AUM Database team to incorporate benchmark index for corresponding funds.
- Creating BRD and illustrations for performance fee calculation.
- Documenting as-is and to-be processes.
- Updating and monitoring project tasks and plans with the project manager.
- Providing end-user support including issue resolution and remediation.
Business Consultant (Business Manager)
- Worked with the Asset Management group to gather and document the business requirements for P2 project (Product and project), including requirements clarification and analysis.
- Liaised with business users to understand and gather the pain points and business needs and then translated those into business requirements to be used for iPortal migration.
- Based on business needs and product assessment, prepared the Equity Assessment Document that included pain points analysis, requirements, my analysis and recommendation.
- Worked on equity, derivatives option product rationalization and performed As-Is Vs To-Be analysis for migration of iDesk application to iPortal application.
- Prepared detail requirement document at equity product type, product sub-types and features level to be used in iPortal.
- Worked on reclassification of option (Derivatives) types and option features so that relevant data points could be captured properly in iPortal.
- Prepared and made presentations using MS PowerPoint and Visio to project stakeholders and senior management.
- Created detailed equity life cycle and flow process diagram using Visio that will help in capturing and tracking changes in equity data points from investment till divestment of equity (Front office to downstream application).
- Documented the tracking and maintaining institution transformations for IFC equity investments because of Mergers and Acquisitions, spun off.
- Worked with the Risk and Margin group to understand the business requirement and document the business and functional requirements during software development project, including requirements clarification and analysis.
- Worked with the business team to perform requirement gathering and documentation for the enhancement and development of Prime Risk and Margin Application called FRAME.
- Liaison with business team to gather the business requirement and perform requirement analysis and prepare the Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FSD).
- Prepared BRD and FSD for various projects including Rules Based Margin that helped calculate margin requirement based on financial products like Equity, Bond, Options in client' Confidential portfolio.
- Created detailed Risk models using Excel and VBA for PEAC that will help in tracking daily risk for Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR).
- Coordinated with offshore team on regular basis for the development of new features and functionalities of the application
- Performed testing to validate margin calculation for various asset class like Equity, Fixed Income, Options (Derivatives), Mutual Fund etc. Also performed data analysis and used SQL extensively for analysis and business logic validation.
- Helped in Project Management by setting up and maintaining the tracking applications JIRA and GitHub.
- Worked with the client company to understand the business requirement and document the business and functional requirements during software development project, including requirements clarification and analysis.
- Liaison with Marketing team and Business Users to perform requirement gathering and documentation for the development of web-based application (Market Index data).
- Coordinated with offshore team of visual designers for the development of web page designs
- Worked on requirement gathering and analysis and prepared the Business Requirement Document (BRD) for WebPages like Dashboard, Index Landing Page, Index Performance analytics, intraday alerts page.
- Worked with the developers and technical architect to explain business requirements for development of the application with new functionality, features and reporting requirements.
- Worked on variety of Index and funds with various asset classes including Equity, Fixed Income products, Derivatives and commodities.
- Coordinated with business stakeholders to ensure the quality and compliance aspects of business requirements. Performed testing including User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and create test scenarios and test cases and perform testing.
- Completed certification course on Data management, SQL, VBA, Accounting-QuickBooks
- Performed technical analysis, validating and enhancing the processes by incorporating vendors' requirements for the financing and leasing application (InfoLease application).
- Worked with the business group to document functional requirements for migration project and process enhancements including new features, functionality, version upgrades, and reporting requirements.
- Performed technical analysis, data mapping and documentation of credit scoring application.
- Assisted in production release of new functionality and provided assistance in support of production issues by providing resolution from business team.
- Performed data analysis and used SQL extensively for analysis and business logic validation.
- Helped testing team in writing test scenarios and test cases and performed testing for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).