Strategic Operations/Product Manager
- Project manager and business analyst facilitating large-scale, cross functional projects.
- Managed acquisition of 180 stores in 8 states, leading product strategy, customer conversion, system and process consolidation, and employee training. Successfully completed the project in less than a year.
- Served as lead business analyst for new point of sale system to support store and online business. Interfaced daily with analysts, engineers, and project managers in Lima, Peru to facilitate design and development.
- Coordinated data migration and conversion activities for new POS system.
- Defined business requirements and prioritization for system enhancements and fixes. Coordinated communication and roll out plans for system and process changes.
- Conducted user acceptance testing for systems and products.
- Managed vendor relationships with lending partners, third party loan processors, and print and mail providers. Compiled competitive analysis on product offerings and features to direct product development.
Learning Development Manager
- Instructional designer, systems implementation manager, and project manager, leading company-wide learning and performance support solutions.
- Introduced e-learning, expanding company's learning offerings from 3 paper-based training guides to a blended learning catalog of over 150 courses.
- Planned and managed L D budget and analyzed cost of training. Within 5 years, increased number of courses by 550 while reducing cost per course per learner by 97 .
- Selected, implemented, and managed a global LMS in the Confidential.
- Led instructional design, development, and delivery of over 100 courses e-learning, instructor led, virtual, and paper-based . Content included policy and procedures, software and systems, product, sales, compliance, leadership, and soft skills such as collections, communication, and performance management. Audiences varied from new store associates to executive leadership. Notable successes:
- o Trained 3000 associates in 34 states on web-based point of sale system. Program included e-learning, 2-day workshop, and train-the-trainer course, and was delivered on time and under budget.
- o Created comprehensive 3-week on-boarding curriculum for new store associates, with self-study materials, hands-on practice, skill verification, trainer activities such as role plays, and a Field Trainer toolkit to facilitate delivery. Surveys showed 86 of new hires thought on-boarding was as good or better than previous job.
- Developed manager program focused on DDI's essentials of leadership and coaching. Facilitated leadership courses via classroom and webinar.
- Designed and facilitated sessions for company's Annual Meetings.
- Led RFP to evaluate and select vendors for custom e-learning development and off-the-shelf courses. Managed vendors to improve services while controlling costs.
- Established job families and corresponding competencies utilizing DDI's card sort methodology.
- Utilized SuccessFactors to implement performance reviews, performance improvement plans, probationary reviews, and goal management across all lines of business in the US, UK, and Peru.
- Served as liaison between HR and IT to facilitate system fixes, data feeds, and other technical needs for HR projects.
- Performance consultant and lead instructional designer, developing innovative learning solutions for companies such as Saks Incorporated, Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard, and Novartis.
- Co-designed XML-driven simulation engine used to produce decision-based, complex-branching role plays. Several courses developed with the engine were nominated or won Brandon Hall Excellence in Learning Awards or Massachusetts Innovation Technology Exchange Awards.
- Authored user guide for non-programmers to design and write web-based simulations, reducing course development time and dependency on programmers.
- Led curriculum design workshops and helped clients develop comprehensive, blended learning programs for audiences ranging from new hires to senior managers.
- Worked extensively with subject matter experts to develop compelling content in line with company goals and culture. Developed roll out and adoption plans for training programs, including a successful kick off event at Microsoft's
- Worldwide sales conference.
- Planned and conducted usability testing with international group of end users.
- Built strong business relationships with clients while successfully managing scope and cost.
- Managed teams of instructional designers, graphic artists, editors, and programmers to deliver projects on time and on budget, while exceeding client expectations.
- Managed contractors and India-based production team.
Senior Business Analyst
- Lead technology consultant for the implementation and management of Intellinex's LEAP Learning Management System
- Served as liaison between corporate education's strategic e-learning team, lines of business, JPMC's technology partners, LMS vendor, and content vendors.
- Evaluated, scoped, planned, and documented business needs, translating those needs into technical and functional specifications.
- Developed and managed process to integrate and test over 500 e-learning courses with the LMS as well as the administration, reporting, and development tools that supported them.
- Coordinated user support model for the LMS suite and served as a member of tier 3 support.
Senior Developer, eLearning specialist
- Consultant, instructional designer, web developer, trainer, and technical writer, leading projects for clients such as PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ceridian, and the University of Georgia.
- Consulted on AICC compliance and selection of an LMS for PwC.
- Designed and developed online training courses, one receiving top honors in the Society for Technical Communication STC Online Communications Competition.