Summary of Qualifications
- Confidential has 10 years extensive experience building analytical problem solving solutions, utilizing Business Intelligence/Enterprise Planning technology and database management technology he has 8 years' experience responsible for the design and implementation of various database systems, web-based applications and emerging technologies such as data warehousing and data-mining. Demonstrated a wide range of capabilities including requirement analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of many applications. Consistently served as senior business intelligence developer/lead and served as business intelligence subject matter expert on variety of projects. Responsibilities are eighty percent technical and twenty percent managerial. Demonstrated experience in recommending solutions to customer problems based on hands-on understanding of how products and services inter-relate to support the customers mission on major projects. He is passionate about solving problem with analytical methods such as Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse, text/web/visual advanced analytics, and predictive analytics.
- Proficient in the following software COTS product:
- IBM COGNOS, ORACLE HYPERION, OBIEE, SAP BI, SSRS, ORACLE DB, DB2, MS-SQLSVR, Jazz CLM Suite, Clear Quest, Clear Case, Primavera, IBM Websphere, MS-SharePoint, Lotus LDAP, MS-Active Directory, along with TOAD, SQL navigator, Data Studio, Data Architect for ORACLE, MS-SQL, DB2, mySQL via Windows Srvr/Sys and Unix
- Served as the lead Cognos Expert and adviser on a VLDB VERY LARGE DATABASE business intelligence project
- Developed ETL code via PL/SQL or talend mapping jobs to move data from transactional system to the data marts
- Designed data performance driven BI reports by creating custom SQL and stored procedures to run reports
- Created numerous Cognos BI reports to address customers' data quality issues
- Converted Oracle PL/SQL reports to Cognos canned reports.
- Served as team lead for the reporting and data quality groups and therefore also handles all project management related duties for these teams to include performance evaluations, time-card signing, interviewing and hiring evaluations.
- Defined current contract control and management system KITT requirements in regards to Reporting utilized relational, dimensional design of the reporting packages. Designed the implementation map and architecture for deployment using best practice determining the hardware items that were available to the team.
- Generated application models diagram, workflow diagram, design approach diagram aligned against System Requirements Specification bridging the gap between the planning and reporting during client meetings. Generated first and second batch reports to establishing Business Analytics and Optimization within the organization using primary BI tool.
- Brought out the executive level insightful data by creating contract CO level and ETO level dashboard for executive and task order level manager displaying financial information, performance information, and contract management analytics.
- Administered the entire reporting platform for the FAA ATO contract management operations. Deployed COGNOS Enterprise Business Intelligence with Websphere Application Server 8.5.
- Manned KITT 3 production and lower level oracle database as the DBA for create, update any information in the application as well as create analytics query to support the ad hoc requests.
- Built analytics solution using COGNOS business intelligence suite for several projects including using Query Studio, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Event Studio, COGNOS administration, Framework Manager, Virtual View Manager, Map Manager
- Integrating solutions using COGNOS components and other software like Websphere, SharePoint, Acitve Directory accessing data via API Mashup with Google map, Bing , with data coming from BMC Remedy, Streetscape, Disney Motion Pictures.
- Developed a series of dashboards and reports for monitoring KPIs on high level using drill up/down, drill through, bursting techniques. Created Dimensional Model Relational Framework Manager model for the purpose of easy reporting including logical and business layers.
- Helped junior developers to work with end users to build a Patient Care Dashboard and a Collaborative Care Dashboard. Contributed on several proposal effort in relating to analytics future opportunities in technical sections
- Coordinated and advised development effort for creating single solution bridge with partner firms like GDIT, CSC, Deloitte.
- Implemented 3 full projects involving full phases of SDLC life cycle including conceptual design, requirement gathering, implementation, maintenance, with one project for Budget Formulation, Planning, Execution and Forecasting, another two projects on Performance and Resource Management.
- Led on the development the entire data mart, Extract Transform Load ETL process, metadata layer, and 40 complex BI reports in less than a 2 month time frame producing NASA's Performance Management Division in the OCFO monthly performance charts by slashing the time by 99.83 . This allowed NASA to produce performance charts 600 times faster, improving and streamlining resource management status reporting.
- Led the technical team on its daily and development tasks providing exclusive expertise on planning application model and BI report design approaches within client's requirements and expectation on an intensive, rapid changing Enterprise Planning and Business Intelligence implementation of the Corporate Planning Tool in the US Patent and Trademark Office.
- Defined and educated clients with application models diagram, workflow diagram, design approach diagram aligned against System Requirements Specification bridging the gap between the planning and reporting during client meetings. Conducted and facilitated training sessions with client's employees to support the usage and understanding of the solution.
- Solely designed and managed Personnel Planning BI application to report IMF FTE and Dollar plans to help 38 different departments to better internally manage their Billion dollar budget. Also, provided strong effort to the IMF for their downsizing initiative in helping the OBP department carrying out the mission. Significantly reduced stand-alone departmental databases/ spreadsheets, and associated risks. Discovered several reporting tool bugs such as granularity differing display functions etc. and created work-around / solutions.
- Acted as ETL developer and Report Developer for the Veterans Benefits Administration VBA EDW - VETSNET data warehouse, which integrates data from nearly all VBA offices and programs around the world into a single repository for thousands of users across the agency.
- Provided and defined business intelligent automation development process for DOD department of program management. Successfully resolved transition issues from version 1 to version 2 regarding server connectivity, peripheral compatibility, and report design efficiency inquiries for the BI solutions
- Adjusted new Hyperion Server Architecture from configuration adjustment to connect ORACLE and managed installation and configuration following clients' needs guideline, successfully integrating repository using converted ORACLE databases within Windows XP/2003 servers connecting Windows workstations, clients, and printers through two web servers
- Provided demo and training on functionalities with Hyperion Interactive Reporting in html and web client in order to pass client satisfactory requirements and getting thumb-up granted by the client's program director for the contract's continuation.
- Administered Hyperion BI system and User Management through three project cycle phases to meet all clients and internal needs for BI web portal. Maintained its running status and varieties of report data models including creating original, multi-dimensional BI report models retrieving data in Essbase.
- Played one man show for providing business intelligent support for clients. Successfully resolved customer issues regarding connectivity, peripheral compatibility, and standard software usage questions for products on the following BI Server: COGNOS ReportNet Server, Framework Manager, PowerPlay Transformer, and provided exclusive training on functionalities with ReportStudio, QueryStudio, AnalysisStudio
- Architected and managed installation and configuration following clients' needs, successfully integrating CS connecting ORACLE and SQL server databases within Windows XP/2003 servers connecting Windows XP/2003 workstations, clients, printers, and terminals with remote access through two IIS web server manager via ISP with worldwide points-of-presence
- Administered COGNOS BI server and Internet Information Server to meet all management, employee, and customer needs for BI web portal. Set up security parameters for BI system, maintained its content and administration.
- Conducted thorough research to identify inefficiencies in CCO's reporting procedures developed new reporting and analytical solutions by consistently managing cash transaction accounts of daily average of 5 million dollars
- Served as team leader compiling and distributing competitive various funds inventory, production analysis, based on key performance by day, week, month and quarter by creating reports in Crystal Reports or SQL
- Utilized analytical skills and tools Crystal Reports working with other transfer agents, bank operations, finance department and investment companies assisting resolving trades' reconciliation issues, and reduced discrepancy to minimum. Worked closely with finance department and investment firms investment account reconciliations and frequently received appreciation from various clients and investment companies