- Over all 7+ years of extensive experience as Business Analyst with solid understanding of Business Requirement Gathering, Data analysis, Data Modeling, Warehousing and Business Process Modeling.
- Expert in application/system development life - cycles; concurrent development strategies, process streamlining, iteration modeling, rapid application development (RAD), and waterfall, Agile and RUP methodologies.
- Lead stakeholder engagements to ensure the scope, clarified business requirements, perform analysis between goals and existing procedures, and design process improvements to increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Good skills in T-SQL, ETL process and Business Intelligence (BI) Development, including SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS)and SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS).
- Experienced in customer/client interaction, deep understanding of business systems functionality and technicality.
- Experience working with SharePoint Solutions, Features, Web Parts, User Controls, Lists, Document Libraries, Event Handlers, Master Page layouts, Workflows, InfoPath forms, CAML Queries, List and Site Templates in SharePoint applications.
- Perform diverse duties and ad-hoc projects to support the AML Operations.
- Experience in different SDLC methodologies like Waterfall and Agile (scrum).
- Excellent in High Level Design of ETL DTS Packages &SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text file, Teradata) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge and Union all.
- Partner with subject matter experts to gather and develop detailed business requirements for system implementations and service requests.
- Worked with SharePoint user base to understand business needs and build solutions to address them
- Skills in developing Use Case diagrams, Sequence diagrams, State Chart diagrams, and Class diagrams.
- Proficient in gathering business and technical requirements from both formal and informal sessions through interviews, questionnaire, video conferencing, JAD sessions and conference calls.
- Strong knowledge of Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Class Diagrams.
- Experienced in creating Test Plans. Thorough hands on experience with designing test cases covering all test conditions and eliminating redundancy and duplications.
- Experience in a Hospital IT infrastructure upgrades, worked with Clinicians, Doctors and Caregivers for application compatibilities, interrelated workflows.
- Worked in both Agile (SCRUM) and Waterfall methodologies.
- Expert in Developing and reviewing project plans, open issues, resolves issues, and communicate status of assigned projects to users and manager.
- Thorough knowledge of Business analysis and Iterative Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Rational Unified Process (RUP) and RAD. Proficient in applying RUP in all the four phases during software development Inception, Elaboration, Construction and Transition.
- Involved in Sprint Planning Meetings (Review product backlog and set scope for sprint) and expert in setting up sprint goals and standup meetings.
- Leading JAD sessions to facilitate discussions of requirements scope, priority, and dependencies. Work with application architects, developers, testing teams thereby coordinating efforts.
- Expert in using industry standards to uncover the client requirements and identifying the system requirements by creating Use Case Models, workflow diagrams as per UML methodology.
- Expert in writing detail system use cases, developing business test cases, and working with QA teams during testing phase thereby facilitating acceptance testing with stakeholders and business users.
- Experience in the documentation of specifications, creating step-by step technical and user manuals with illustrations, screen prototypes and implementing new processes and technology.
- Conducting Feasibility, adaptability study and risk analysis to identify the business-critical high-risk areas and recommending solutions to management.
Processes/Technologies: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Use Cases and Workflow
Requirement/Application Management Tools: Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio), MS-Project, MS Share Point Portal Server 2003/2007
Relational Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista, UNIX
Quality Assurance Tools: Win Runner, Load Runner, Test Director, Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, Rational Functional Tester
ETL Tools: Informatica
Reporting Tools: Business Objects
Confidential, Reston VA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, gathered requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops.
- Analyzed the current compatibility and workflow of the applications by interviewing analysts, users at all levels of security and the support team for each of the application.
- Key member in a team of four Business Analysts to escalate procedures whenever necessary and trouble shoot tasks for testing.
- Worked with internal users for bug management and bug triaging. Logged bugs through share point
- Involved in Anti-money laundering (AML) analysts work with banks and financial institutions where their job is to identify fake documents related to financial transactions.
- Knowledge of financial regulatory requirements and AML (Anti Money Laundering) risk implications,
- Co-ordinated with Vendors whenever required to analyze the current compatibility and the future scope of the applications after EPIC kicks in.
- Designed and developed project templates based on SDLC AGILE Methodology, which also included requirements specifications, analysis, and testing.
- Interviewed end-users, major of them where Clinicians, Doctors and Caregivers to understand the IT complexities they face once an application workflow changes and created job - aids for the new workflow.
- For end user testing, conducted WebEx sessions with the clinicians and supported them to understand the new workflow of applications.
- Built out content using SharePoint Designer, provided training for additional best practices and lessons learned for education of end user
- Facilitated requirement gathering by coordinating with the application analyst, system managers and departmental leads to come up with the resource documents essential to prepare for EPIC implementation.
- Maintained documentation on SharePoint for all the application questionnaires and the testing status throughout the hospital infrastructure, thereby creating visibility of the project for both the management as well as the Infrastructure maintenance team.
- Worked with the Windows Engineers to troubleshoot issues faced by the critical applications to maintain the smooth processing of applications as there were numerous interlinked across the departments.
- Documented Functional Requirement Specifications (FRD) and assisted Systems Analyst to come up with System Requirement Specifications (SRS).
- Worked in an agile technology.
- Responsible for producing process flow diagrams for TO-BE process flows and AS-IS process flows using Microsoft Visio.
- Greatly used Share Point / Share drive for loading the requirements and cross communication of the project status with the team.
- Translated business cases and requirements into functional requirements from identified stakeholders in program areas
- Configured SharePoint team sites
- Facilitated user acceptance testing and create additional test cases to ensure all functionality is delivered with highest quality
- Proposed SharePoint-based solutions to improve existing business challenges
- Implemented company's business standards in SharePoint
- Designed training plans and develop a SharePoint curriculum to train customers on SharePoint functionality and encourage self-sufficiency
- Created and implement communications plan and outreach strategy for communicating governance changes, business efficiencies, and other SharePoint features
- Updated the organization about the current AML related industry standards, procedures, and practices.
- The functionality implements data population, aggregation and automated AML checking for the eligible data against SDN/Blocked Persons lists and other information, provided by the Prime Associates Database.
- Analyzed team performance with the QA manager and implemented the changes if any, with respect to raising the efficiency of the entire team.
- Analyzed research on operational procedures and methods and recommend changes for improvement - with an emphasis on automation and efficiency.
- Worked with developers to test the iterations of the System under Development (SUD) to ensure it met the user’s needs.
Environment: MS Access, MS Word, DB2, MS SQL Server, Agile, MS Excel, MS Project, Quality Center, MS Visio, Rational Rose, Clear Case, Requisite Pro, HTML, Sharepoint,ASP.NET, Oracle 11g, Informatica Power Center.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Involved in the analysis of the existing credit card processing system, mapping phase according to functionality and data conversion procedure.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Interacted with SMEs of different divisions (Information Technology, Risk and Operations) and established a business analysis and design methodology around the RUP (Rational Unified Process).
- Followed solely RUP methodologies during the project.
- Analyze and evaluate data from new and existing operational processes that support AML KYC policies and controls.
- Used Share point for Document Management and Dimensions for version control.
- Involved in gathering the requirements that were critical to the business process flow and using those requirements for the Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Planned implemented, and supported small and medium scale SharePoint 2007 and 2010 deployment.
- Planned and created SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010 Workflows.
- Created Custom Forms using InfoPath 2007 and 2010.
- Conducted JAD sessions with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to obtain domain level information, interviewing and asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed an understood by both business and technical team.
- Involved in with data migration (ETL development), document data manipulation processes and scripts.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business processes, business rules, and information needs, and insures that critical requirements are not missed.
- Involved in GAP analysis both at the time of requirement gathering and later after development with the Testing team to identify areas and possible scenarios that might have been overlooked.
- Utilized Agile methodology and gathered high level requirements from the business, created user stories, and prioritized the backlog with Scrum Master.
- Responsible for ensuring the validation of the SSIS packages with the BA, DBAs, QA auditors, and Developers.
- Assisted with updating and management of business line AML Issues reporting.
- Managed and executed the test process, using Agile Methodology.
- Involved in Data Collection and maintained data governance using Data Flux.
- Upgraded SQL 2008 DTS (ETL) to the new SQL Server Integration Services SQL 2005 (SSIS) format.
- Created RTM in Excel to ensure the full coverage and traceability of business requirements.
- Used MS SharePoint to manage the repository of requirement for traceability and version control.
- Responsible for Documentation in each phase of RUP Methodology, Risk Assessment, and Validation & Verification process.
- Responsible for communicating with internal and external entities, members and other AML monitoring units.
- Conducted Data Governance program with SME's guidance.
- Facilitated JAD session with the SME, process owners, stake holders, technical team and identified various action items and enhancements to be implemented in current Medicare processing system.
- Created ETL SSIS packages both design and code to process data to target databases.
- Used SQL Queries to validate data at the back end to ensure that all the Customer related data has been loaded to the appropriate data sets.
- Involved in prioritizing the defects and writing business requirements to resolve them.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME, vendors, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Wire Frames with Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Assisted in the development, design and implementation of new relational or multi-dimensional databases, including the analysis of user needs.
- Created and managed project templates, Use Case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in Requisite Pro.
- Agile Testing methodology: Utilized Quality Center and the agile testing methodology for regression, system integration, and user acceptance system testing.
- Suggested measures and recommendations to improve the current application performance.
Environment: Microsoft Visio, RUP, Rational Tools, Agile, HP Test Director, Rapid SQL, UNIX, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Sharepoint,ASP.NET, Ab Initio, Windows 2007 Professional.
Confidential, Dallas TX
- Determined user/business/functional requirements. Created vision, scope, and use case documents; business process models, use case diagrams, activity diagrams, and state chart diagrams.
- Utilized RUP to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures.
- Performed GAP and Risk analysis of existing system and evaluated benefits of new system.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues.
- Set claim processing data for different Facets Module.
- Design analyze and performed Integration and System testing on different leading health care software’s such as FACETS, MedPlus, Onyx etc to test all the different software components under one complete system.
- Used SharePoint for agile purpose
- Gathered requirements from the clients and developed crosswalks for 820, 834, 835, 837 P/I claim.
- Developed test cases based on the crosswalks and compliance guidelines for 270/271, 276/277, 820, 834, 835, 837 Professional, Institutional and Dental claims and for 270/271 eligibility benefit inquiry and response.
- Designed and implemented HIPAA 835 Payment Advice Transaction, 837 Health Care Claim Transaction. Populated ICD-9, EDI X-12 transaction sets 835, 837, 270, 271, 276 and 277 responsible for Claims processing, coordination of benefits and pricing process.
- Validated technical designs created by IT developers against functional specifications.
- Worked with QA team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Coordinated work plans between project manager and client using MS Project.
- Created documentation for training and Help Desk teams.
- Helped manage risk analysis and mitigation plans, status reports, and client presentations; prepared business process models, defined milestone deliverables, and established critical success factors.
- Gathered requirements during inception phase, documented and delivered functional specification documents, and assisted architecture analysis and design using UML and Rational tools.
- Conducted UAT. Wrote SQL queries in MS Access and Oracle for data manipulations.
- Reviewed business process, URS, and functional requirements.
- Identified candidate business processes which leverage SharePoint tools to enhance day-to-day office functions using workflows, Info Path forms and Corasworks.
- Aided documentation of computer system validation lifecycle per FDA regulations.
- Involved in detailing project mission, data process flow diagrams, and timelines.
- Worked with SQL queries for data manipulations.
- Was involved with the QA Team when performing Functional, End to End and Regression Testing.
- Conducted user requirement study, user training.
- Agile Testing methodology: Utilized Quality Center and the agile testing methodology for regression, system integration, and user acceptance system testing.
- Involved in end-user training and hand-holding.
- Created User Manual.
Environment: AQMS methodology (SDLC), MS-Office Suite, Agile, MS Visio, UML, MS Project 2002, Oracle 9i, Windows XP / NT, JAVA, Lotus Notes, Document management system (DMS), EMC, Documentum.
Confidential, Charlotte NCBusiness Analyst
- Conducted one to one interview with Portfolio Manager to gather Business Requirements and was involved in the documentation of Business Requirement Documents.
- Assisted the Project Manager in setting realistic Project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly and conducted Project related presentations.
- Identified internal and external system Requirements, design and configuration set-up.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the Business units to develop a solid knowledge base of the Business line, including the Business Plan, Products, and Process.
- Translated the Business needs into system Requirements, communicating with the Business on a broader scale and with an in-depth view.
- Collected business requirements to set rules for proper data transfer from Data Source to Data Target in Data Mapping. Develop and maintain sales reporting using in MS Excel queries, SQL in Teradata, and MS Access.
- Designed and developed Project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
- Developed Business Requirement Document as well as High-Level Project Plan.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the Business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the Project Cycle.
- Analyzed and translated business requirements into system specifications utilizing UML and RUP with Agile/Extreme Programming and using Rational Test Suite for various phases of RUP.
- Generated SQL queries to develop risk reports.
- Developed Functional Specification Document and Supplementary Specification (non-functional) Document.
- Participated in the Logical and Physical Design sessions and developed Design Documents.
- Worked with developers to make sure that they understood the Use Cases.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA Testing and Report / Data Validation.
- Partnered with the Technical Areas in the research and resolution of System and User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked with Quality Control Teams to develop Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Develop User Manuals, and Training Manuals as per Project Specifications and timelines.
Environment: MS Office, MS Access, Oracle 8x/9i, MS Project, ERP, MS PowerPoint, Agile, UML, MS Visio, MS FrontPage, Documentum 2.0., Linux, Navision, Datalink.