- Over 5+ years of work experience as Business Data Analyst and an exceptional record of delivering cost effective, high performance technology solutions to meet challenging business demands.
- Experience in business systems analysis and design in Healthcare and Finance industries.
- Expert in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Agile, Scrum, Waterfall and Iterative and experience in JAD Sessions, Live Meetings and Interviews.
- Well versed in project management tools like MS Project for project planning, Project scheduling. Organized JAD sessions to gather requirements at various stages. Good understanding of Project Process and ability to analyze business problems and identify solutions. Worked extensively with the team to meet business requirement, create prototypes and analyze workflow.
- Experienced in creating Business Requirement Documents, User Requirement Specification, Non - Functional and Functional Requirement Specifications.
- Experienced in creating Data Flow Diagrams, Use Cases, State Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Component Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams & Activity diagrams.
- Expertise in EDA, Data Reporting, Data Manipulation, Member Segmentation, and Team/Project Management.
- Excellent Knowledge in developing requirement templates for streamlining the BA process.
- Extensive experience in SWOT analysis, Gap analysis, Cost benefit analysis and Risk Analysis.
- Created data mappings to transform the data according to business rules.
- Experienced in Interacting with Users, analyzing client business processes, Documenting business requirements, Performing Design Analysis and Developing Design Specifications.
- Extensive SQL experience in querying, data extraction and data transformations.
- Created pivot tables and charts using worksheet data and external resources, modified pivot tables, sorted items and group data, and refreshed and formatted pivot tables.
- Experienced working on large volume of Data using SQL and BASE SAS programming.
- Experienced in producing RTF, HTML and PDF formatted files using SAS/ODS and VBA.
- Worked on creating reports and data analysis using SAS, SQL and MS Excel.
- Strong Experience in working on MS Access, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Visio.
- Effective in executing multiple tasks and assignments ahead of schedule. Strong Image for dedicated teamwork, high energy, work ethics and commitment with capability to handle new technologies and situations.
- Team player and self-starter with excellent business, analytical thinking and problem solving skills, communication, presentation and management, technical and written skills.
Programming Languages: C, SQL, SAS, VBA, Python
Development Tools: MS Office tools (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, MS Project), Tableau, HTML, CSS, VMWare, SQL Server Management Studio, Google Analytics, Balsamiq, JIRA, Qlikview, Google Docs
Database Systems: MS SQL Server, My SQL, Oracle
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
Project Management Skills: Business Process Models, UML, JAD Sessions, Elicitation Techniques, Requirement Documentations, Requirement Gathering
- Experience with Software development life cycle (SDLC) methodology, framing out Business Transaction rules and related Documentation, creating Test Plans based on Functionality and Business rules.
- Extracted the Business Requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application and prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD).
- Involved in all phases of software development life cycle in RUP framework.
- Analyzed and collected business requirements, identified system interfaces and created the requirements specification document.
- Expertise in using data modeling tools like MS Visio, Erwin Tool, and Navicat Data Modeler for logical and physical design of databases.
- Extensively interacted with both user group and development team in coming up with structured charts, Class and sequence diagrams.
- Managed and tracked change control process of requirements and design changes using Rational Requisite Pro. Documented the changes, issues and their impact on the system design and delivery.
- Provided documentation such as requirements management plans, functional requirements, test plans and test cases.
- Incorporated the best practice methodologies as advocated by the Rational Unified Process.
- Designed and analyzed Business Process Model, Use Case model and test procedures based on RUP methodology.
- Performed requirement analysis by gathering both functional and nonfunctional requirements based on interactions with the process owners & stake holders and document analysis, represented them in requirements traceability matrix (RTM) using Requisite Pro. Performed user interviews, JAD sessions.
- Wrote user requirements specification (URS) and Functional requirements specification (FRS) Documents as per the Business requirements and process flow.
Environment: HTML5, CSS3, Java, JIRA, SQL, Tableau, MS Office, MS Project and MS Visio.
Business Data Analyst
- Analyzed high level Business Requirements Document (BRD) and documented Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and System Requirement Specification (SRS) with the help of development team to enhance the system and carried out the entire management responsibilities.
- Used UML Modelling to create sequence diagram and use case diagram.
- Developed UI- Mock up Screens, produced Wireframes, Storyboard and prototype to demonstrate the project stake holders, business users to give them insights of the TO BE app.
- Helped my team on Agile/ Scrum framework, deployed scrum practices and conducted scrum ceremonies.
- Managed requirements, bugs and issues using JIRA and tracked the project life cycle.
- Tracked change requirements and monitored work load schedule.
- Participated in process of preparing verification master plan to describe clearly and concisely the company's philosophy, expectations, and approach to be followed.
- Met with users to generate and review business test cases.
- Assisted with/facilitated mapping of "to-be" processes and worked on the gaps of "as-is" to "to-be" processes.
- Proficient in using UML for Business Process Modelling, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Class Diagrams and document them using MS Visio for UML Modelling.
- Conducted JAD Sessions to develop an architectural solution that the application meets the business requirements, resolve open issues, and change requests.
- Implemented and monitored Individual Development Plans focusing on total performance, including both quality and productivity.
- Monitored client expectations through client involvement and communication throughout the lifecycle of the project; educate clients and stakeholders on the benefits and risks associated with the project.
- Identified and evaluated new tools and processes that will benefit the team.
- Worked with the Quality Management team to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans, and ensure that the proper testing plans have been completed.
Environment: JIRA, Java, Oracle, Balsamiq, Google Docs, MS Visio, MS Project and MS Excel.
Jr. Business Analyst
- Prepared Business Object / Business Process Models that included modeling of all the activities of business from conceptual to procedural level.
- Contributed and signed off on all new Business Process Design plans, working closely with Project and Product Managers.
- Developed and implemented business modeling standards and usage
- Ensured Delivery excellence in time, Planned and Defined Execution Strategy for streamlining Business Process.
- Created Use Case specifications, business flow diagrams, Activity/State diagram and Sequence diagram using MS Visio and object oriented (OOA/OOD) methodology.
- Worked with UI / UX team in designing the forms for evaluation submission for mobile devices.
- Defined Change Management Process for Release Management Team.
- Mapped process flow; assess as-is process through user interviews, data collection and analysis, design and evaluation of to-be process solutions.
- Worked on various aspects of Siebel Application like visibility rules based on positions and responsibilities, Workflows, various Siebel constructs.
- Extensively used MS office, office tools with SharePoint for project presentations, designs, data sheets, requirements, BRD, FRD NFRD and other documentations as requested by business and stakeholders to keep track of project design and for proper understanding.
- Responsible for architecting integrated HIPAA, Medicare solutions.
Environment: UML, Oracle, PL/SQL, Windows, Java Script, Unix Shell Scripts, Stream Line Editor (SED), Erwin, Visio.