- Senior Business Systems Analyst with extensive experience and progressive growth in information systems.
- 9 plus years of experience in the Government//Financial and Healthcare Industry with extensive requirement gathering for custom solution in the cross functional areas like pre - clinical, clinical and pharmaceutical.
- Worked on several IT infrastructure projects.
- Experience in dealing with different data sources ranging from flat files, Excel, Oracle, Sybase, SQL server. Experience in data cleansing, data transformation, data mapping from source to target database
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, strong problem identification/resolution ability, and effectiveness in relating to people at all levels and across organizational boundaries result in successful team efforts that consistently achieve business partners’ goals.
- Excellent Training skills, facilitation, power point presentations, maintaining performance metrics, devising training documentation & communicating to users
- Demonstrated record of creative accomplishments in process improvement in diverse industries and the application of technology to achieve competitive advantage.
- Extensive experience in SDLC Methodologies (AGILE Scrum, RUP and Water fall)
- Extensive experience in Strategic development of a Data Warehouse and in Performing Data Analysis and Data Mapping from a Operational Data Store to a Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Worked on Clinical Trials to conduct global clinical trials and manage the large volumes of data generated.
- Assisted in Clinical Data Management and Clinical Trials Management.
- Thorough experience of providing in-depth analysis to business processes & Data Warehouses.
- Experience in medical coding (CPT4, ICD9, and HCPCS), provider contract concepts and common claims processing/resolution practices
- Exposure to HIPAA Compliance requirements and HL 7 standards.
- Worked with various interface groups under different platforms like Mainframes, Web, BI, and Oracle
- Strong experience in cross-functional coordination with functional & IT groups, facilitation of brain storming sessions, and driving cross functional reviews.
- Supported functions included accommodating data standards (Version 5012 / X12), integration ofNCPDP D.0 and planning for integration of ICD-9
- Ability to define timelines for prioritizing work requests using tools such as MS Project.
- Proficient in using UML for Business Process Modeling, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Class Diagrams and document them using Microsoft Visio.
- Excellent understanding of Business process reengineering.
- Ability to prepare RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix) & requirements analysis & design.
- Expertise in Test driven development & Unit testing methodologies for performing UAT System Integration testing (SIT), BAT (Business Acceptance Testing).
- Experience in reviewing documentation of developed solutions and authoring of basic user guides or instructions and help files to assist in end user training & support.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & communication skills.
Technologies: Microsoft .Net, Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, UDDI), J2EE
App Server: Microsoft IIS 7.0/IIS 6.0/IIS 5.0, Microsoft Server 2003, Windows NT,Mainframe
Databases: MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 , Siebel, MS Access, Oracle 11i/10g/9i, MySql, DB2
Tools: Sybase Power Designer 15, Visual Studio 2008/2005, MS SharePoint 2007, iRise, Telelogic DOORS, Rational Suite (RequisitePro, ClearQuest, ClearCase), Rational Rose, Axure Pro, Blueprint, eClinical, Remedy, Noetix, LiveLink, CaliberRM, Enterprise Architect, Team Foundation Server, Cognos, Business Objects, BugZilla, SQL Pro,Cobol,Java
Applications: MS Office 2013 Suite, MS Project, Lotus Notes, MS Outlook, MS Visio, VMware, FileNet P8, Documentum 6.x, Ftp95 Pro
OS: Windows Vista x64/x86 Enterprise, Windows XP Professional x64/x86, Linux, Unix
- Provided support for Benefit Rate Increase (BRI) and made all necessary changes/modifications as requested by representatives from Office of IT Programmatic Business Support (OITPBS).
- Participated in Supplemental Medical insurance (SMI) separation from BRI Kick-Off meeting. Participants included representatives from SSA and Confidential . The purpose of the meeting was to begin the analysis of what is involved in processing a SMI rate change outside the BRI operation.
- Participated in the Widows Insurance Benefits (WIB) & Spouses Insurance Benefits (SIB) to Retirement Insurance Benefits (RIB) meetings. Worked on creating and cleaning up the DFR (Detailed Functional requirements) and made changes to different jobs and program names after meeting with stakeholders.
- Provided support for Benefit Rate Increase (BRI) and updated the Process 02SMI (Supplemental medical insurance) Premium Determination (Fictitious) document and making all necessary changes/modifications as requested by representatives from Office of Retirement and Survivors Insurance System (ORSIS.
- Provided support on BRI validation as per requests from representatives from Office of IT Programmatic Business Support (OITPBS).
- Created new DFRs from the existing BRI documents and took input from representatives from Office of IT Programmatic Business Support (OITPBS)
- Functioned as a liaison between Production Technology, Account Management teams and business clients in gathering, defining and understanding client’s needs.
- Worked with different modules of Strataware-Smartcoder,Smartview,Pathways,Pricing
- Created a list of new fields to be added moving forward with new client Liberty Mutual not in the Confidential layout from different FSDs
- Created Pathway Vocab rules t in Pathway module
- Created Bill History Conversion FSD for Confidential and Liberty Mutual
- Involved in data mapping from Coventry to Stratcare,applied business rules for the conversion processing
- Did investigate old bills and created new bills to understand the system in Strataware
- Transformed the business requirements and solution into Project Charter, Client Requirements Document (CRD) Conceptual Design Document/Functional Specifications (FSD) and Software Change Request Documents.
- Conducted or Participates in Joint Application Design sessions with Development and Quality Assurance Teams.
- Conductedthe User Acceptance Test on assigned Projects/SCRs.
- Collaborated with Supervisor, Subject Matter Experts, Product Managers to find the best approaches to address the client’s requirements.
- Ensured issues were identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Worked with the Business Units to properly gather requirements for project requests
- Established priorities and foster strong relationship with the business
- Provided a concise specification of customers project requests
- Supported business development as proposal writer/ capture/ manager, and as Communications Specialist in a large corporate environment
- Properly represented project status in the BI Project Tracker
- Using Tableau, categorized reports into different categories and did reverse engineering to find source for mapping to create new reports in salesforce
- Managed and resolved reported user concerns and defects in a timely manner.
- Maintain and updated current status reports of open issues and communicate status of active projects.
- Manage business facing communications.
- Worked on various Salesforce.com standard objects like Accounts, Contacts, Cases, Opportunities, Products, Opportunity Line Items, Leads, Campaigns, Reports and Dashboards
- Involved in data mapping and migration of data from legacy systems to Salesforce.com Objects and fields.
- Wrote, edited and published technical specifications, requirements documents, white papers and other documents
- Worked on Coordination and planning of maintenance activity on application or automated application server
- Used Data Loader for insert, update, and bulk import or export of data from Salesforce.com Objects. Used it to read, extract, and load data from comma separated values (CSV) files.
- Created documents for process to Request to Automation Service Request Automation
- Coordinated with the PM and the TDA in delegating the SOU and SOW to the supplier
- Used SQL queries to modify cognos reports
- Used SQL tables to find source for each report to help in creating a mapping document
- While changing informations used SQL to retrieve and update information.
- Integrated the Web Services for extracting the data from external systems to display in the pages of Salesforce.com.
- Facilitated priority setting processes and ensure projects are executed in order of business priorities
- Developed report specifications and work with report developer to design reporting solutions
- Engaged business users in testing and feedback
- Used SSIS queries to analyze data and find source in the reports
- Troubleshooted reporting issues and escalated to appropriate people as needed
- Provided training to end users on report context and purpose
- Was responsible for creating user stories in CMC Appirio Tool
- After doing reverse engineering in Cognos reports and found the source code
- Created new report types and reports in Salesforce after mapping source data from legacy systems to Salesforce
- Involved in updating user stories after talking to different stakeholders within Sales,Marketing, Enrollment etc.
- Closely worked with Tableau developers to create views and dashboards
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Worked as a Business Analyst on Med D requirements for Eligibilty migration from CMS and Inependence Confidential to Confidential ’s provider portal, and claims system implementation.
- Established expectations, built relationships, completed projects within budget, and with deliverables stated in SOW
- Obtained and reviewed vendor documentation and previous corporate technical documentation to create new Service Operation Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures and Working Instructions.
- Was involved in gaining understanding of Med d Portal on Confidential side and building process flows
- Involved in meetings with Independence Confidential, Confidential and Confidential stakeholders for B2B discussions and Eligibility testing files
- Responsible for the Medicaid Mainframe Database by supporting and managing all interface processes, whereby Confidential providers are timely paid
- Prepared requirements for charter and understanding the process of Med d flows related to Claims and Accumulator
- Was involved in Coordination and facilitation of review meetings with cross functional stakeholders, functional teams, IT teams and customers.
- Was involved in preparing FTP document for file transfers
- Created and maintained Working Practice Documents for the Security Baseline responsibilities and Report Creations.
- Worked with software developers to specify and implement improved reporting capabilities for Independence BCBS Med D web portal using the agile SDLC.
- After different JAD sessions with stakeholders,gathered requirements and created process flows for future Med D web portal
- Worked on checking Eligibility files and updating the file with new coverage codes and assisting testing of Eligibility file
- Identified gaps in daily extracts on both platforms by data mapping, Excel,
- Captured Data flow diagrams and formatting of the data flowing modeling through interfaces
- Collaborated and participated with all interrelated teams including project management, development, QA, support, training, technical, and infrastructure teams as appropriate
- Worked as team JIRA administrator providing access, working assigned tickets, and teaming with project developers to test product requirements/bugs/new improvement
- Created technical documents documenting JIRA project configurations
- Prepare unified business process maps to show the common functionality in both the platforms
- Participated in customer weekly JIRA progress updates