- Experience of working with different Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving both traditional methodology such as Waterfall and Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban and Water - Scrum-Fall
- Efficiently collaborated with Business Owners, Business Users, third party vendors and senior stakeholders
- Specialization in developing and executing IT and business strategies for Lean manufacturing, SKU Rationalization, Demand Forecasting and supply chain optimization processes like warehouse-slotting, route planning, vendor analysis and Customer Relationship Management
- Elicited requirements using various techniques such as Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, Interview sessions, Document analysis, Focus Groups, Requirement workshops and Questionnaire over the years
- Collaborated with Project Manager in developing/assessing Project Management Plan, Project Charter and WBS
- Proficient in creating Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), System Requirement Specification (SRS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) as per company’s requirement
- Extensively used JIRA for managing User stories and contributed in Scrum Ceremonies like Release Planning, Backlog grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Retrospective while assisting the Product owner in selecting prioritizing techniques like MoSCoW and KANO and estimating techniques like Planning Poker and T-shirt Sizing
- Expertise in creating UML diagrams like Use Cases, Activity, Sequence, and Class diagrams using MS Visio and worked on both High Fidelity and Low Fidelity Mockup Screens and wireframes using Lucid Chart and Balsamiq
- Designed & deployed custom dynamic workflows, validation rules, Approval Processes & Auto-Response Rules for automating business logic with Salesforce’s Sales & marketing cloud
- Expertise in writing SQL queries utilizing Joins, Sub queries and Aggregate functions like max, min, sum and average with good understanding of Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers
- In-depth knowledge of Databases, Data Warehouses, Data marts, Data Analysis techniques, Data Integration, Data Modeling, Database Schemas and OLAP operations like Slice, Dice, Pivot, Roll-up
- Good understanding of the ETL process starting with the extraction of data from source systems, transformation and load process (ETL) for a Data Warehouse using Informatica, MuleSoft, also used Informatica Transformations (Filter, Source, Aggregate, Joiner) for Data transformation
- Proficient in Data Modeling, creating E-R Model in the form of entities and relationships to capture the user requirements properly in the database
- Experience in implementation of Dimensional data modeling with Star & Snowflake schema, Facts, Fact tables and Dimensions
- Proficient with Business Intelligence tools and experienced in creating interactive dashboards with heat maps, bar graphs, pie charts and pivot tables using Tableau and Excel for reports
- Skilled in working with different web services such as RESTful Web Services and SOAP Web Services
- Strong understanding of web service concepts like HTML, CSS, WSDL, WADL, SOAP, UDDI, REST, JSON, Parsers - SAX, DOM under various architectures like Three-Tier Architecture, Service Orient Architecture (SOA), Micro Services Architecture (MSA)
- Involved in scripting business logic of the web services and preparing the Web Service Level Agreement (WSLA) document using Extensible Markup Language (XML) to serve as a contract between the front-end & the back-end team for efficient building of application, resolving ambiguities & speedup design
- Assisted in API testing using Postman and API documentation using Swagger
- Extensive knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CICD) using Jenkins and Bamboo
- Experienced in defect tracking, defect analysis & ability to organize, document and track changes using Jira
- Used HP ALM to test the system and report defects/bugs/Errors and Experienced in Bug tracking and following up for successful maintenance & delivery of service tickets using JIRA
- Assisted the QA team to design Test plans and Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing, Black-box Testing, Functional Testing, various System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Security Testing, Load/Stress Testing, and Performance Testing in both manual and automation testing environment and creation of Test plans, Test cases and Test scenarios for validating it against business requirements document
SDLC Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, SAFe, Waterfall, XP, Kanban, Scrumban, Water-Scrum-Fall
Business Intelligence & Reporting: Tableau 10.4, QlikView, Power BI, Python, R, MS Excel, SSRS
Database & ETL tools: MS SQL server, Oracle 8/9/10, DB2, MS Access, Informatica Power Center 9.6.1, MuleSoft
Programming Languages: C, JAVA, HTML, PHP, Python
Requirements, Test & Defect Management: JIRA, HP QC, HP ALM, Confluence, Selenium, Cucumber, Load Runner, IBM, Rational Requisite Pro
Modeling Designing: MS Visio, Smart Draw, Process Model, Blasmiq
Productivity tools: MS Office, MS Project, MS SharePoint, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 8, Windows 10, LINUX, UNIX
Web Services API: AJAX, SOAP, REST, B-PIPE, XML, FIX, STML
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Interviewed Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and performed an extensive document review to develop a thorough understanding of the business processes and analyzed the supply chain to aid Business Process Improvements.
- Performed GAP analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current business systems and to identify the requirements for the change in the system.
- Participated in scrum ceremonies and meetings such as backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily scrum, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
- Extensively used Jira for converting the requirements to user stories, assisted the Product Owner in writing the Acceptance criteria and framing the Definition of Done (DOD) for the PSPI.
- Helped product owner and team in prioritizing user stories using MoSCoW model estimating user story using Planning Poker technique.
- Executed Feasibility Study, Use Case Narratives and Business Process Optimization activities.
- Worked closely with the technical team in converting the functional requirements into technical specifications like Prototypes, Graphical User Interface (GUI) and User Interface (UI) mock-ups using Balsamiq tool.
- Created Use Case diagrams, Use Case Templates and process flow diagrams using MS Visio for both the systems.
- Assisted in the API documentation using Swagger and communicated it with the developers to serve as a POC.
- Performed SELECT, JOIN and READ operations to pull data from ERP databases and producing delimited files to create sample dataset framework to be used for testing of HANA REST API’s
- Wrote MSSQL and HDBSQL queries to perform data checks.
- Used SAP BODS to perform ETL operations in HANA DB.
- Created Data Mapping document, converting legacy data element values for inclusion in the Functional Detail Design Specification (FDDS) documents and map it to HANA DB.
- Assisted in creation of Test Cases, Test Plans, Test Scenarios.
- Assisted the testing team in UI testing using HP ALM and documented the defects in Jira.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and actively participated and facilitated the testing of the system during Smoke Testing, Integration Testing and Black Box Testing with the help of QA.
- Clarified concerns, once the code went into production environment and continuously interacted with users for further enhancement.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, SAP ERP, SAP IBP, JIRA (v7.10.2), Confluence (v6.10), Balsamiq, MS SQL, HDBSQL, REST API, MS Office Suite, MS Visio (v16.0), HP ALM, Postman, Swagger, SAP BODS
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Facilitated JAD sessions for detailed analysis and better understanding of the impact of various aspects of the project.
- Worked closely with business users to prioritize & scope out the Product Backlog Items (PBI) based on priority
- Lead and participated in multiple ongoing project meetings using iterative and Agile project methodologies.
- Extensive problem-solving skills and acting as a liaison between business and technical ends of the project.
- Collected business requirements to set rules for efficient data transfer from Data Source (SAP) to Data Target (REDSHIFT Server) by drafting a Data Mapping document.
- Conducted AS-IS & TO-BE analysis to identify existing system’s deficiencies and recommend requirements-based enhancements
- Collected, assembled data from data sources as input to run research spikes to identify visualization solutions
- Responsible for mapping and modeling the Conceptual, Logical and Physical models (using INFORMATICA), specific to AWS Redshift and capture data from database Streams via kinesis with aggregations in EC2 instance & Redshift.
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL to filter data and assisted in Creation of Hash tables referencing the Surrogate Key tables for efficient lookup to Dimensions.
- Participated in server deployment on Cloud, ( EC2 ) Optimization / cost reduction of Amazon AWS services ( EC2, S3, EBS, ROUTE53, and VPC ) and defining the conceptual and logical model of the data warehouse.
- Perform Data investigation as part of UAT and Standardized Data Quality Processes like Data Profiling and Cleansing
- Established the ETL Informatica Mappings b Maplets for importing data from ODS into subsequent data marts.
- Linked tableau and Salesforce with adaptors to provide reporting insights imbedded into the employee dashboards.
- Worked with several SFDC objects like Accounts, leads, opportunities, reports and created custom objects .
- Used Jenkins and GitHub on many internal build systems in supporting the core development team on an enterprise-level Java-based cloud orchestration/automation tool to streamline Continuous Integration.
- Experience in Functional, Data Driven Testing, Load, Performance Testing & Validating WSDL using POSTMAN.
- Prioritizing API function call for testers and documenting the API according to system, Performance & experience.
- Verify security testing to make sure which authentication is required & if sensitive data is encrypted over HTTP.
Environment: Agile-SAFe, Amazon Redshift, Informatica power center 9.6, Confluence (6.2), JIRA 7.0, GIT, Jenkins, VPC, EC2, S3, Salesforce, Tableau 8.2, Postman (5.0), MS Office Suite.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Interviewed Subject Matter Experts and performed extensive Document Reviews to develop a thorough understanding of business processes & analyzed the supply chain to aid Business Process Improvements
- Performed Document Analysis and created process flow diagrams to understand the AS-IS process and collaborated with the team to design the TO-BE process based on the gathered requirements
- Participated in Scrum ceremonies, extensively used Jira for converting requirements to User stories, assisted the Product Owner in writing acceptance criteria and framing Definition of Done (DOD) for the PSPI
- Worked closely with the technical team to convert the functional requirements into technical specifications like Prototypes, Graphical User Interface (GUI) and User Interface (UI) mock-ups using Balsamiq
- Created Use Case diagrams, Use Case Templates and process flow diagrams MS Visio for both systems
- Performed CRUD operations on SQL & stored procedures using SELECT & JOIN for drill downs to pull data while being actively involved in reading data from various file types, created standard and ad-hoc reports using SQL, generated delimited files and SQL script to load data into SQL tables
- Efficiently studied and tested MuleSoft integration process and assisted as and when required
- Facilitated meetings with Salesforce Admin, Developers and Architect to determine the data that should be integrated into Salesforce platform, as it was used for powerful data integration of OMS and IMS
- Leverage knowledge of Batch Integration process by making REST’s Bulk API calls from the application to the API to upload the data and Lightning Bolt to fetch the data from Salesforce
- Created API documentation using Swagger and communicated it with the developers to serve as a POC
- Assisted in creation of Test Cases, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and updated the Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Used MuleSoft’s Anypoint template for Salesforce integration to simplify the process of merging data, updating Salesforce with ERP data in real time, ensuring data consistency across Salesforce instances & creating and integrating APIs that pull data from multiple systems
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and actively participated and facilitated testing of the system during Smoke Testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Testing and Regression Testing with the help of QA
- Assisted testing team in UI testing using Selenium and documented the defects in the Jira
Environment: Agile-Scrum, MS Visio, MS SQL server 2012, Salesforce, Amazon S3, Office 365, JIRA 6.4.14, Tableau 10.3, Web Services, SOA, Bulk API, REST, Balsamiq, MS Office Suite (MS word, MS Excel, PowerPoint), Selenium, MuleSoft