- Business Systems Analyst with strong background in Geographical Information Systems.
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of mapping solutions with many years experience with CAD, cartography design and interpretation.
- Strong background in the telecommunication, electric utility, and land surveying fields. Proficient in various areas of data science to include; data analysis, analytical reporting, business process improvement, data management, database management and programming.
- Programming skills include VBA, SQL, Python, C++, and C#. Conducted several training workshops from process changes to instructional software training.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Business Systems Analyst
- Writing requirement matrix and extracting requirements from business units and IT staff.
- Design documents for the requirements of the programs and the integrations.
- Creating test plans and testing scripts.
- Documenting and reporting on project status.
- Training users on using AUD for electrical design.
- Creating training handouts and writing the documentation.
- Experience in change management methods.
- Gathering system and departmental needs to upgrade TOA to iTOA.
Confidential, Pflugerville, TX
- Create file and enterprise geodatabases for vendor submissions to the client, this includes gathering the needed requirements for the vendor and use of the web map.
- GIS interfaces such as WMS, WFS, mapping concepts such as map projections, basemaps, shapefiles, layering, tiling, feature extraction.
- Managing GIS data in a cloud environment for use in ArcOnline and ArcDesktop.
- Geospatial analysis using R for engineering and estimating projects.
- Developing and utilizing queries in ArcMap, SQL, and Python.
- Designing Fiber Optic networks utilizing FiberPlanIT and checking for design requirements per Contract Agreements.
- Publishing ArcOnline Maps, Web Applications for field Collection using ArcCollector, within the Portal.
- Maintains user groups and users with the correct permissions for the associated task they need to complete.
- Creating databases through ArcServer and publishing data through to the portal.
- Working with designers to convert CAD to GIS for less work for each team.
- Worked with long - haul and ring designs for telecommunication designs.
- Managing projects, training teams to help simplify processes.
- Design, develop & implement solutions, processes, QA/QC, common analysis, utilizing ESRI ArcGis suite, FME, FiberPlanIT.
- Automation and testing of technical processes using FME ensuring it fits the requirements.
Software Specialist / GIS Analyst
- Create update and maintain asset data repositories for creation of maps SmallWorld, ArcGIS, FME and PLS CAD.
- Maintain created map products using ProjectWise (document management system).
- Track work order, storm changes, and changes from the patrolmen inspecting the line using ArcGIS and Geodatabases and FME.
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
- Analyze data for any given requirement and create reports for company and federal regulation needs using ArcToolbox, FME, and QGIS.
- Responsible for performing QA/QC procedures for project data.
- Records Coordinator for Transmission and Substation Engineering departments managing ProjectWise.
- Design, develop & implement solutions using ESRI’s ArcGIS suite: ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Desktop, FME, and SmallWorld.
- Develop scripts in python, ArcPy, Majik and VB to enhance procedures.
- Creating, writing and updating procedures and training users.
- Provide historical and current field condition base maps.
- Using ArcDesktop 10.1 and now 10.2 ArcToolbox for analysis of property boundaries, also oil/gas pipeline and foreign utility crossings.