- Skilled business analyst with over 6 years of business analysis experience in healthcare and public health sciences, while currently working toward obtaining a PMP certification.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines and schedules.
- Possessed reputation as a self - directed professional with excellent analytical and communication skills with an additional 20 years of understanding of accounting, financial and operational management.
- A proven record of accomplishment for performing all work within SLA contractual agreements while consistently maintaining the integrity of all financial data.
- Specialized expertise project management and project analysis within the healthcare and accounting industry.
- Moreover, possession of strong relationship building skills and effective collaboration with management, colleagues, vendors and clients.
IT Business Systems Analyst
- Assists in planning and designing business processes; assists in formulating recommendations to improve and support business activities.
- Assists in analyzing and documenting client's business requirements and processes; communicates these requirements to technical personnel by constructing basic conceptual data and process models, including data dictionaries and volume estimates.
- Provide Business Analyst coverage for FL Medicaid subsystems (Oracle 19c): Managed Care, Buy-In, Third-Party Liability, and Claims Processing (Encounter, Fee for Service, Processing, Billing)
- Detailed knowledge of 837/835 EDI and WebPortal formats including all segments to process and produce multiple claims types
- Documentation of business impact of the software to the operational environment.
- Utilization of project management skills of requirements management and change management processes of current workload to ensure release to production.
- Create test scenarios to be used in functional testing and the business applications in order to verify that client requirements are incorporated into the system design.
- Research and identification of the appropriate solutioning to system issues.
- Assists in developing and modifying systems requirements documentation to meet client needs.
- Participates in meetings with clients to gather and document requirements and explore potential solutions.
- Executes functional and systems tests from existing test plans. Assists in analyzing system test results in various phases.
- Perform system analysis with Oracle SQL, TOAD reporting tools and Python solution as-is business process to a to be business process
- Participates in technical reviews and inspections to verify 'intent of change' is carried through phase of project.
- Perform written SQL queries for data mapping of UI tables for claims data analysis and systematically formatting data.
- Knowledge of Florida MMIS billing cycle and capitation payment process for Managed care subsystem
- Application of new business processes and technological tools for software augmentation and improvement
Business Analyst, Software QA
- Performed daily Triage activities on Maintenance and Operations (M&O) tickets with FSFN (SAP platform) associated issues
- Pulled triage report for M&O tickets and setting SLA Severity levels for prioritization.
- Created ClearQuest numbers so developers can track, analyze, and provide proper resolution of FSFN issues.
- Led Daily Triage meeting with Dept. of Children and Families client for proper escalation and resolution.
- Performed system testing for fixes of code and known data hammer before being pushed to various environments such as UAT, DEV, and PROD.
- Worked with developers to perform root-cause analysis (RCA) and preliminary problem diagnosis with system testing of code and data hammer fixes.
- Facilitated, and coordinate reporting and tracking of software and system testing functions
- Developed, created, and performed test cases to meet requirements and user stories of the agency throughout each phase of testing of software inclusive of unit testing, user acceptance, and regression.
- Examined testing documentation resolution for a high-level reporting of discoveries and finding
- Examined user stories and use cases for determination of soundness and practicality
- Investigated and read the documentation for the development of testing procedures and approaches
- Performed the applicable QA testing for web and applications throughout numerous browsers and mobile platforms such as tablets and smartphone
- Performed smoke testing to discover segregate defects within the application or software for tracing of discrepancies and irregularities stumbled upon during normal testing and assigning SLA or severity code for prioritization of work.
- Traced fixes pushed to software through to completeness
- Communicated testing findings, resolutions, and various pertinent data and evidence to aid developers and project management groups
- Guided physical and automated QA testing of newly implemented and enhanced applications
- Performed regression testing relevant to all changes and code fixes to remedy the defect
- Troubleshooting of defects and issues and deliver an efficient resolution to developers
- Logged and traced all testing documentation cycle and defects for on consult if they arise again for remedy
- Coordinated with the stakeholders and Project Management group to confirm that Testing team is compliant with scheduling and project deliverables
- Maintained QA procedural documentation and is periodically updated.
- Perform system testing for CQs to confirm fix has been pushed and issues have been resolved to allow the user/customer to move forward with other pieces of work within FSFN application
- Act as a backup to the Maintenance and Operations Team Lead
- Organizes and maintains all quality assurance and independent verification and validation documentation required.
- Ensures compliance with recognized standards and practices.
- Reviews documentation for completeness, accuracy, and correctness.
- Presents results and troubleshoots technical problems within the FSFN application.
- Provides recommendations for quality improvements.
IT-Business Analyst Consultant
- Conduct day to day State Travel Management (STMS) business operations activities, including collaborating with team members (mainly on the STMS team and DMS staff) at a high level. Provide and initiate process improvement, and transactional logic and scenarios for the development of travel expense system (Salesforce).
- Develop test cases and user stores for Fiscal Auditors (Accountants) users that will potential test system functionality for UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
- Develop system reports for various users of the Salesforce system
- Creation of report specifications to provide to vendor for system reporting logic
- Streamlining of processes and procedures for STMS Travel System (Salesforce)
- Provide consultancy on all Accounting functionality and User Interface for parallels system standup to current accounting system (FLAIR) for Federal Regulations and GAAP Standards
- Understanding of 9 Validation FLAIR files (Expansion Option, Expansion Set, Title file, Contract, Program, Account Description, and Vendor Employee) data mapping within Access application
- Attending Weekly Project Integration- UAT Status Meeting for outstanding items that may need for execution and DFS validation
- Collaborate with vendor to ensure all requirements of the STMS Certification Guidelines list and contract is met for DMS (Department of Management Services) Certification
- Build and maintain external and internal consultants and stakeholder relationships to ensure the quality project delivery and accountability
- Other IT and Operations duties for State Travel Management support
- Maintenance of SharePoint for STMS required documentation and files
- Other Ad-Hoc projects given by Project Manager
Business Operations Analyst
- Conduct day to day MFMP billing activities, including coordination with other team members (mainly the Fee Processing Tier 2 and Tier 3 staff) to conduct outbound calls / outreach to vendors about required MFMP payments
- Providing monthly required reports by deadline through use of consistent, accurate and reliable data analytic efforts
- Maintain the process documentation related to transaction fee collections for MyFloridaMarketplace
- Coordinate collection activities with DMS collections’ vendor, including oversight of Department of Management Services collections list and confirmation of the collections list prior to sending to vendor
- Conduct collections reconciliation analysis to ensure MFMP records match collection agency efforts
- Provides overflow phone, email, and other support to team members on as needed basis
- Escalates issues as necessary and follows through on each issue to see it through to its resolution
- At the direction of the Billing & Collections Lead, satisfy adhoc data analytic needs as necessary for effective running of department (including but not limited to: FLAIR analysis, vendor activity summaries, etc.) on the SAP ARIBA platform
- Knowledge of vendor management from the point of requisition (procurement) through to invoicing and payment processing
- Understanding of Punch-Out Catalog and CIFCIF formats all-encompassing of search variations and distinctions
- Collaborate with Billing & Collections Lead in addressing continual improvement needs as necessary
- As project needs and priorities are shifted, the above responsibilities may be adjusted or expanded to meet client service and contract compliance needs
- Performed portal training to vendors, vendor onboarding and setup
- Analyzes and solves problems that are low complexity and may be routine in nature where answers that can be readily obtained.
- Interacts with peers within Confidential before updating supervisors. Likely has limited direct exposure with non-management levels at a client and/or within Confidential .
- Receives moderate of level instruction on daily work tasks and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Decisions impact own work and may affect the work of others.
- Support training, knowledge transfer, and development of Billing and Collections
- Individual contributor as a part of a team, with a focused scope of work